PDA

View Full Version : Ali the Sneak!!!

Lerah021399
08-28-2003, 07:08 AM
Okay so here is the scene:

My husband is down feeding the cats. Both cats are waiting patiently to be fed. Jack gets fed first...1/4 can of Whiskas cat food. Hubby puts bowl down for Jack to eat...Jack begins eating. Hubby then feeds Ali...1/2 can of Purina DM (for those of you that don't know, Ali is a diabetic and is on perscription cat food). Ali eats a couple nibbles of her food and then lies in wait for Jack to finish eating his food (he usually doesn't finish all his food). My hubby sees Ali sitting about 6 feet away from Jack watching him and gave her a verbal warning, "Ali, you know that you're not allowed to eat his food!". She looked at him and moved about another 2 feed away. Jack finishes eating and walks away from bowl w/ a little bit of the food left in the bottom (I think he does this to tempt Ali :rolleyes: ) Ali then proceeds to move closer to the bowl, about a foot away from it. Hubby sees her, gives her another verbal warning and she moves away from the bowl. Hubby turns back on her and she goes in for the food, but not with her head in the bowl, she tries to be sneaky about it. She sat about 6 inches away from the bowl and when my husband turned around, she was scooping the food out of the bowl with her paw and eating it :eek::eek: Hubby gave her another verbal warning to get away from Jack's food. She then moved away from the bowl again. He turned his back another time and she did the exact same thing as before...sat about 6 inches away from the bowl and when my husband turned around, she was scooping the food out of the bowl with her paw and eating it. My hubby then chased her off and picked up the bowl so she couldn't get at it anymore. Goes to show you that cat's are not stupid! :D :D

HayleyRosie
08-28-2003, 07:18 AM
Very smart kitty. So did she eat her own food after Jack's was taken away?

Lerah021399
08-28-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by HayleyRosie
Very smart kitty. So did she eat her own food after Jack's was taken away?

Yep, she's a little piggy! We are usually very careful not to let her get into Jack's food, but she got a treat yesterday morning.

IttyBittyKitty
08-28-2003, 07:49 AM
That is so devious! It made me laugh my butt off because Pixie is always doing things like that ... she has a penchant for chewing cables and one night she was curled up licking her paw ... only she wasn't licking her paw, she was eating my headphones!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-28-2003, 11:13 AM
I can just see it! Naw-tee Ali! But so cute that it's hard to be mad at her.

:D :D

Barbara
08-28-2003, 04:19 PM
Hehehe- same here. Filou is the food thief. He knows exactly that he can't get food from our plates so he stays far away from them at the edge of the tabel, his paws get longer and longer and his middle claw (sophisticated, isn't it?) tries to catch something.

:eek: :eek: Did I just admit there may be a cat on the table:confused: :confused:

krazyaboutkatz
08-28-2003, 09:20 PM
LOL Cats sure can be sneaky if they want to. :D

Logan
08-28-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
Hehehe- same here. Filou is the food thief. He knows exactly that he can't get food from our plates so he stays far away from them at the edge of the tabel, his paws get longer and longer and his middle claw (sophisticated, isn't it?) tries to catch something.

:eek: :eek: Did I just admit there may be a cat on the table:confused: :confused:

Hehehe!!! I think you did!!!!! :p

What a cute scenario you "painted" for us, Lerah!! I can see that sneaky kitty acting so innocent right now!!! :)