PDA

View Full Version : I have a stray coming to my house!!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-28-2003, 05:46 AM
I really want to trap her and I am just now gaining her trust.. but I can't seem to find a no kill shelter in the phone book. She is soooo sweet and still a little skiddesh around me ... but last night I sat on the porch with her after she ate.. and pet and pet and pet her. She loved it sooo much...

but sometimes when I would hold my hand out for her to rub on ... every once and a while she would nibble my hand.. why would she do that?... it wasn't hard and didn't hurt at all... just curious why she would do that.
Here are some picures .. they arn't the best.. She is grey... with the PRETTIEST grey eyes... I LOVE HER... i need to think of a name for her... any ideas?

What is the best way to find a no kill shelter that WILL MAKE SURE SHE IS PLACED IN A WONDERFUL HOME?!?!? Unless a Pet Talker would like to have her.. I could make arrangements to drive as far as needed!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid72/p867f4bc90dfb3834265a0a1471bf5c48/fb810a51.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid72/p2058febd18042a65c1905fc65be4e938/fb810a64.jpg

08-28-2003, 05:51 AM
Aw, what a cutie :) :) ; She looks very skinny, so thanks for taking care of her!! I hope you can find a good forever home :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-28-2003, 06:34 AM
She is skinny...
she is getting bigger now though. I really want to see her get a WONDERFUL furrever home. She is going to be such a sweet kitty kat!!!

BastetsMum
08-28-2003, 06:40 AM
I think you should call her Europa - a moon of Jupiter :D

She will be a sweet kitty when she finds her furever home. She looks to me that she is a stray and not a feral. How can someone dump such a beautiful girl :(

catmandu
08-28-2003, 09:50 AM
Sometimes a Cat that is not used to being petted will bite a bit , because they are nervous and over excited! Pleaee keep on feeding her and see if there is an oganization that will take her in. Sadly most like the AWA are not in the phone book. Check inder Cats in the Classified.That is how I found the AWA , and the Princess! Dark Black and Grey Tabby below!

Russian Blue
08-28-2003, 10:24 AM
Try this link, it has a few cat related resources in Georgia:

http://www.netpets.org/cats/catresc/groups/georgia.html

K & L
08-28-2003, 10:50 AM
Here's a site with listings of no-kill shelters. She appears skinny but maybe pregnant? If you can pet her you may not have a problem catching her and having her fixed. Just keep feeding her in the same spot daily until she gets use to eating there. Then set your trap there with her food in it.

http://www.saveourstrays.com/no-kill.htm

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-28-2003, 10:58 AM
THANKS FOR THE LINK!!!

I want to make sure wherever I take her that they make sure she goes to a good home and not just to anybody... i am already so attached to her!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-28-2003, 11:04 AM
She appears skinny but maybe pregnant?

She had kittens somewhere when she first came over cause her teets (?!?) were sagging. She never brought the kittens up though.... so I don't know if they made it or not. ....

Heather Wallace
08-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Can't you keep her? she looks great.

PayItForward
08-28-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Heather Wallace
Can't you keep her? she looks great.
;) Just what I was thinking (Great minds and all that)

Come on Sara, you have the room for a little one. Jupiter & Tinky need a sister.

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-28-2003, 04:17 PM
Come on Sara, you have the room for a little one. Jupiter & Tinky need a sister

i really really really want to keep her.... but Eric says no. I need Kelly's (Noah's Mommy) husband to call and give him a talking to.:(

jazzcat
08-28-2003, 04:54 PM
I wished I could talk my husband into one more. I'm in TN so not too far from you. I've been trying but he says three cats and a dog is his limit.

krazyaboutkatz
08-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Sara, she sure is pretty. I hope you're able to find a rescue organization that will be able to find her a great new loving forever home. Good luck and please keep us posted. :) Too bad you can't keep her. :(

NoahsMommy
08-28-2003, 09:21 PM
She's really cute!

I didn't go to the links that K&L and Russian Blue posted, but I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

You wouldn't net the kitty, you would set up a humane trap if she doesn't allow you to pick her up. I would imagine if she's letting you pet her, a quick "put in the carrier" wouldn't be too hard.