PDA

View Full Version : HOW CRUEL!! What a horrible man!

ticosmyham
08-28-2003, 02:42 AM
I was watching a special about chickens on PBS. And at the very end they showed a day in the life sorta thing about a struggling poultry farmer. Well, his business was in such bad shape that he was gonna have to sell the farm. Problem was, he had just ordered (at least) 100 chicks! So when the shipment arrived, he decided that it would not be a good idea to sell the chicks, just kill them!! :eek: And he did this by stuffing them all into a giant barrel (and pushing them down every once in a while to make room for more) and leaving them for dead! I totally was not expecting the shot of him pouring the chicks in the barrel, and I almost threw up! And I get sick to my stomach every time I think about it. The reason I put this story up was because of the PETA video that was posted recently. (as if that wasn't enough!) By the way, I was very surprised at the camera crew not stepping in! I DEFINATLEY would have! ( and to tell you the truth, it does sound horrible in writing, but you really had to see it to get the true horrible-ness of it )

allanimalswelcome
08-28-2003, 06:14 AM
Sad to say there are not a whole lot of compassionate farmers and come to think about it not a whole lot of compassionate people in general.

That is sad though.

~Rachel

bluekat
08-28-2003, 09:32 AM
OMG, that is horrible!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
I HATE people like that. Some farmers are just too cruel to animals.:(

allanimalswelcome
08-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Not ALL farmers are cruel to animals. Just not like all pet owners are to cruel to their animals.