PDA

View Full Version : LuLu got "awwwwed" all day !!!!

purrfectpaws
01-06-2002, 11:57 PM
Ok, I decided to bring LuLu with me to work on Saturday. If you don't know what it is that I do, I work at this outdoor market and do the pet mats. We are allowed to bring our dogs as long as we abide by the rules... you know, leashes and no barking... those kinda rules. I tied LuLu up in my booth while I was setting up and I swear everyone that passed by my booth was like "awwwww....oh she looks so sad" or "oh poor baby, you have to wear a muzzle". So, of course, I explain to them that she is not wearing a muzzle and that it's called a "gentle leader". I ended up taking it off of her because I got sick of people saying that to me. Now, she is just tugging away at the regular collar and she's her crazy and hyper self. When she has the leader on she is almost in a trance-like state and doesn't really move at all and then when you take it off she's back to her Springer-self. :D

But anyway, here are the pics and I am having so much fun with this digital camera. I feel unstoppable..... :p

Carla

http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/0/68/0/28706800pnqAkZsjAN_ph.jpg
http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/0/66/80/28706680opTfSLlSwo_ph.jpg
http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/0/67/19/28706719ccqLNAyAvd_ph.jpg
http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/0/69/21/28706921TgGzKxhyZX_ph.jpg
This shot is from our balcony . Pretty sunrise, huh? I love that one single palm tree in the middle!!

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: purrfectpaws ]

01-07-2002, 07:26 AM
Digitals are addicting aren't they!!!! Those are great GREAT pictures. I know EXACTLY what you mean with the gentle leader thing. I took the girls to get groomed at Petsmart on Stapley Saturday and when I picked them up the girl handed me Maddie's gentle leader and said "I have no idea what this is!" I just laughed and told her what it was. When it's on her people think the same thing...IT'S A MUZZEL! I just laugh and say, no, they have REAL muzzels at home!

I will have to stop by the marketplace this weekend and look for you. I have something I need to tell you anyway. You are literally about 3 miles from my house at the marketplace!!

jackiesdaisy1935
01-07-2002, 09:21 AM
Carla, yes those digitals are addicting, Don gets so tired I'm always saying to him, "Don make Perry look up, or Don tell Daisy to look this way" it drives him crazy. LOL
I think LuLu is just adorable, so pretty and so photogenic, she is a beauty. The pictures are all great.
Jackie

mugsy
01-07-2002, 05:06 PM
Uh oh, looks like someone robbed Dad of remote and watch. What WILL he do? No remote to change channels and no watch to see how much time he has before he has to find the remote before the next show comes on.

Great pics!!! Gentle leaders are pretty cool, wish we could afford 15 of them! lol

slleipnir
01-07-2002, 06:57 PM
I use a Gental Leader on Josie too. I hate the "Muzzle" thing. People don't usually say anything but look at me like "Oh, your dog will attack me" or something. It drives me crazy seeing shes panting half the time. They must think it's quite the muzzle if they can open there mouths! It's back to far to be a muzzle anyway. I see where your coming from though. Your dog is beautiful also :D and your other pics as well ;]

*LabLoverKEB*
01-07-2002, 07:36 PM
Great pics, Carla!!! :) I wish I had a Digital Camera! I love the sunset one, as well as all the others!

jennifert
01-07-2002, 08:10 PM
I need a digital camera also! I would be out of control taking pics of Duncan though I think! I have the same issues as you all with the "gentle leader" But it does work wonders on Duncan! He's so big and strong. If I don't use it he pulls me after every cat, squirrel, chipmunk...I live near Syracuse University so there are always a lot of college kids walking in the streets during the school year. THREE TIMES I have been pulled by Duncan and fell down in front of like 15 people! I went to Petco and bought the "gentle leader" the next day! :rolleyes: ;) :)

AdoreMyDogs
01-07-2002, 08:20 PM
LuLu is ADORABLE!!! What beautiful pics, too. So clear and crisp! Very nice photo quality :) And good photographer. And Robbie is adorable, of course :) He has such a sweet face and beautiful little eyes.

ramanth
01-08-2002, 12:06 PM
Lu Lu is adorable! My mom had Springers when she was a little girl. Great dogs she swears. :D

purrfectpaws
01-08-2002, 12:14 PM
I love Kia's eyes. Very addicting!!
Just gorgeous.

Carla

ramanth
01-08-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by purrfectpaws:
<STRONG>I love Kia's eyes. Very addicting!!
Just gorgeous.

Carla</STRONG>

:o :o Why thank you! I think Lu Lu has gorgeous eyes too. That beautiful chocolate brown. :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-09-2002, 07:48 AM
Lulu's pictures are great! Thanks for sharing.

I know what you mean about people's reactions whern they see a dog on a gentle leader. I have to use one with Drake since he is very strong and can drag me to China and back! A man at the park once told me to be careful when I took "that muzzle" of my dog. "He looks mad and may bite you when you get it off!" I just laughed.

jennifert
01-09-2002, 11:29 AM
Duncan is so funny sometimes with the Gentle Leader on! Last night we went to pick up Collin at work and he was in the backseat with the gentle leader and his leash on. he kept trying to come into the front and I have to keep telling him "NO" and trying to block the space between the two front seats! I drive a VERY SMALL Honda Civic 2-door! Duncan tries to get in my lap as I drive or at the very least puts his big paw on my arm while I'm trying to steer! Anyway, after a minute or two of me telling him no, he went into the back and tried to get his gentle leader off his face! I started laughing out loud! It was like he was thinking "Alright Mom, but if I could just get this thing off my face, I'd be all over you like white on rice!" FUNNY!! :D