PDA

View Full Version : Geometry HW Help PLEASE?! :)

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-27-2003, 11:53 PM
Ok, I"m retarded. Actually I had to leave class before he could fully explain it and was probably absent last year when it was being explained in Algebra class.

Here are the directions: Find the maximum area for the given perimeter of a rectangle. State the length and the width of the rectangle.

31. 28 inches

32. 44 centimeters

Could someone PLEAAAAAAAASE HELP ME?!?!?!??!

Thanks. :) :D

binka_nugget
08-27-2003, 11:59 PM
I'm no help. I failed math 10 lol. Gosh I hate geometry.

GoldenRetrLuver
08-28-2003, 12:03 AM
EEP! Geometry...*shivers*. I barely passed math..sorry I'm no help. :(

Kater
08-28-2003, 12:12 AM
Ok, well I want to HELP you and not just give out answers.

WARNING: I'm not a teacher, by any means. Heh.

Try to use a system to look at all possibilities and you may notice a pattern...

What would be the length of all four sides if the shape were square?

Now change the lengths by one unit at a time while still maintaining the same perimeter. For each of these new rectangles determine the area.

There are only a limited number of possibilities.

When you make the whole list compare all the areas and look for the largest.

And the next time you do a problem like this, I promise you won't have to do as many steps. ;)

I hope this helps but please don't make a habit out of asking for homework help on this board. You need to find a more appropriate source of help, is there anywhere you can go at school? Well, I'm sure you can figure something out.

Kfamr
08-28-2003, 01:00 AM
I'm sure if you asked your math teacher for extra help after school, during lunch, before school, or even maybe during class.. something like that.. he/she would be more than happy to help. Afterall, that is why he/she is there for, to help you learn. :)

ticosmyham
08-28-2003, 01:29 AM
I suck at math....sorry. I am just thankful that my dad is the smartest person I've eve met lol.

RubyMutt
08-28-2003, 08:34 AM
Whenever I used to have problems with math homework and no one was around to help me I'd go to www.math.com. It's a pretty helpful site. I think they have geometry stuff on there...

slleipnir
08-28-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by ticosmyham
I suck at math....sorry. I am just thankful that my dad is the smartest person I've eve met lol.

lmao, I do the same thing. I'd probably have failed math if dad didn't help..I suck :(