PDA

View Full Version : So Sad

Corinna
07-24-2001, 10:03 AM
Well once again I have a sad story. We have had a bad month here in Flathead county a pair of men were murdered on their farm. They had built it as a fortress and not many people went there. We'll some one killed then and the police couldn't get on the property due to the mens 40 pit bulls. The dog warden was able to get them all caught( not with out some trouble)It seems the men just allowed them to run loose and untrained (or fixed). So after finding the dogs had nothing to do with the murders they put them all down. The mystery is who could have done the murders and get out from the yard.
I know that this story will get both reactions, so let me state my opinion first, I think it was horrible of both the victims to be so irresposable. Also the county judge who ordered all to be killed.Some of the younger dogs could have been saved.
The police are at a stand still on the investagation becouse so many dogs wiped out the clues that could have helped. Sorry to start out everyones day so horrible but felt I needed to let you all know, we still have a long way to go ,informing people on pet care.

Logan
07-24-2001, 10:32 AM
Corinna, I am so sorry to hear this story. I hate that not only two men, but 40 dogs lost their lives. :( Some people, and judges aren't sympathetic to animals at all. And with a quick signature, can take the easy way out, and just euthanize, rather than try to rehabilitate. I think you're right, some of the younger dogs and maybe even some of the older ones could have been placed in loving, patient homes.

One thing I will add though...the information is out there for pet owners, its just irresponsible people who refuse to listen, or just have such bad hearts that they don't care. You have to wonder about anyone having (I won't even say "owning" because that implies "responsibility") 40 pit bulls. Makes you wonder if there was some sort of drug situation, or maybe a dog fighting ring going on.

These stories are so hard, especially when they occur right in your own backyard. I'm glad you shared it with us.

Sudilar
07-24-2001, 12:39 PM
I am also sorry for the loss of so many dogs. I'm sure some were saveable, however it must have been too much trouble to try! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/pissed.gif

*LabLoverKEB*
07-24-2001, 12:45 PM
oh, that is so sad, to hear that 2 men, and 40 dogs lost their lives! I hate that! :mad:

jackiesdaisy1935
07-24-2001, 03:43 PM
Corinna, that is a very sad story, so sorry the men lost their lives, as for the Pitbulls I believe they get a bad rap, I'm sure many of them could have been rehabilitated and become good family pets.
It's the irresponsible people who have Pitbulls that bother me. They train them for all kinds of purposes like dog fighting etc.

Corinna
07-25-2001, 12:05 AM
update: the lateset story

on the case is the men were drug runners and used the dogs as cover and protection. the police think the murders were a drug deal gone wrong.
I don't even want to know what they mean by used as cover, my mind comes up with too many BAD images. Too many years living with law officils I "ve become to jaded. sorry guys!

*SimButtTwo4U*
07-25-2001, 12:19 AM
im just going to pretend i never saw this post.. im crying right now. uggh.. i want to say some bad words.. here they go *BEEP$%^@%$^$@%^$%@^@$%^$%^@%$BEEP&#^%&##%^BEEP$#^$@#$^@%$^@$#^BEEP@##$%@%#@$%#%#$BEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP^!@^#$&^@$%&^$#&$#*
:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

Corinna
07-25-2001, 12:31 AM
Kayann I said that and more ,I felt so bad for the whole mess that Merlin became a living hanky. The worst part is the news just stated the was 40 dogs and they were believed to be pit bulls and were being put down. I have freinds in the sheriffs office and thats how I got all the info. Sickingly as it is. I haven't seen the photos of the dogs as they are evidents and as it's an open case . Give Simba a huge hug for me ok!

Daisy's Mom
07-25-2001, 12:42 AM
Corinna what a horrible story! 42 lives lost... it's so sad. What a pity those two men weren't responsible pet owners, or their dogs could have survived.

tatsxxx11
07-25-2001, 08:49 AM
MORE dogs having to lose their lives due to human cruelty, ignorance and selfish, stupid behavior. I don't know if I'm more angry or sad. How horrible.

Dixie Belle
07-25-2001, 09:55 AM
I really hate to hear about all of the lives lost...my only question is who in the world could have gotten back there with 40 pit bulls running loose? That part is really not making sense. As for killing all 40 dogs, that sucks! They should have been able to find homes for some of them some where!