PDA

View Full Version : Can you give a dog Bean-O? ;)

Fox-Gal
08-27-2003, 08:58 PM
I know it sounds nuts.....but I'm getting about ready to give Cannilla Bean-O with her food. ;)

Cannilla has cancer and is on a special diet and OMG the gas problem is bad. The other night she work me up out of a sound sleep with it.

Is there anything you can give a dog for gas? In other cases I would just change their diet.....but I can't with Cannilla.

My husband friend says we should stick a air fresher up her and atleast we get a flower smell. He's kidding, of course, but that is how bad it's getting around here.

All Creatures Great And Small
08-27-2003, 09:46 PM
Well, I don't have a dog, but when I am shopping at the local pet stores, my daughter always shows me a product in the dog section that is for doggy gas, because there's a really adorable boxer dog on the package, looking embarrassed :D. It's in a pink colored bottle, I think, and might be made by Four Paws. You might want to check some of the pet store websites, like Petco, etc., and just put "gas" in as a search word.

Make sure you check with your vet before using it, of course, since your baby is ill :( .

Desert Arabian
08-27-2003, 10:33 PM
Yep, like Ma said, there are special gas pills made specially for dogs. I personally would not give my dog Bean-O seeing how it is for humans not dogs- even if there are no harsh chemicals in there- I am very safe when it comes to medicine & animals.

The bottles are really cheap too. Here ya go: CLICK HERE (http://www.petsmart.com/products/product_15620.shtml)

:D

shais_mom
08-27-2003, 11:39 PM
I give Keegan gas x and immodium but with her being sick with cancer I would definatley use something natural like Beano or the
Canine Kind!
:)
You say she is on a special diet, is she allowed to have yogurt? They reccomend this for greyhounds who are notorius for gas and it works pretty good.
Flavored or unflavored works.

Fox-Gal
08-28-2003, 12:31 AM
Well thanks guys for the info. I going to go to our pet store and see if I can find something for her like that. I have not seen it there before but I didn't really look that hard. I hope it is in a power form, pilling her is not a fun thing to do, it a fight just to get her meds down now. She has learned to pick them out of any food I try to hid it in.

But has anyone tried it with there dog and does it work? I think even Cannilla tired of her gas problem and would like some releif. Ever time it happens she sits up and looks at her back side like "What was that?"

And yes she can have yogurt in small amounts....we will give that a try too....plus she loves dairy products, so that should not be hard to get her to eat. Eating has become a challenge around here with her and to find something she likes and can have is a wonderfull thing.

anna_66
08-28-2003, 07:56 AM
I agree with Staci, the yogurt works wonders with Angus (and his gas is about as stinky as it comes:eek: )