PDA

View Full Version : things comming together

cali
08-27-2003, 04:12 PM
well for my bun we have the plan for the hutch done, I have bought all the matirials for building, most of the wood is cut we just need 4 more peices cut, and then we will stain the wood and put some sort of coating on it to keep urine from soaking in, and then we can put it together, I got toys fo it, and a carrier last night, the carrier is so cute!, lol but it has one of the stupid most impractacle locks I have ever seen but I fixed that, lol I noticed screws in the back so out came the screw driver and apart came the lock I pulled out the sping put the lock back together and it worked!, and on saterday I am getting the litter pan, and we are going to try to come up with a feeder that attaches from the outside so I dont ever have to invade its hutch exept when cleaning the litter box, and washing the mats in wich case the bun will either be running my room or in the crate. we have found one vet that does bunnys, but we will try to find one(or a pair) already fixed, its pretty expensive($160) so hopully I will find one already fixed!:eek: oh, waight I just remebered all we need is a waterer, a hanging feeder came with the crate but I bet it will fit better on the wire, then it does on the crate!:D next up find the bunny!:D

kingrattus
08-27-2003, 10:20 PM
What ever you do, make sure u look up on the breed of rabbit ur getting so u know how big it will get.

I learned the hard way. I went to the brockville petstore & bought the cuttest bunny I had ever seen, for my best friend (I called her dad earlier & he said yes). The bunny was $25.00can. She came with her papers, because she was pure & came from a good breeder. She was a broken steal & we named her Oreo. Well we didn't look at what breed she was nor knew about diff breeds.

Months later the bunny was larger then her bobcat/barncat. The bunny was about 20-30 pounds we could hardly lift the darn thing. & the bunny couldn't fit into her cage, we had to turn 2 phesent coops into 1 giant bunny coop.

We read her papers & it said she was a Frence Lop Rabbit. Evil pet store. Oh it'll be about this big I----I well she turned out to be this big I----------------------------I... But damn was she ever cute & soft.

Uabassoon
08-27-2003, 10:49 PM
Yeah French Lops get to be HUGE Holland Lops are the smallest then Mini Lops. But those French Lops are about the size of a Flemish Giant (as you can tell by the name it also a pretty big bun :) )

kingrattus
08-27-2003, 11:06 PM
If I get into breeding rabbits down the road, I would love them to be French Lops, they're just so big!!

cali
08-28-2003, 12:34 AM
lol dont worry Im gettin a dwarf rabbit! a holland lop or mini lop, or even a dwarf hotot If I ever found one!:p