PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #17 - last party of the summer.

catland
08-27-2003, 02:52 PM
I know summer doesn't end until later in September for those of us north of the equator, but for those of you not here in the states, we typically consider our Labor Day holiday (first Monday in September) to be our unofficial end of summer.

Miss Meow - this can be your end of Winter party.:)

With that in mind, I believe we're in need of some FPS's for our DOTD?

RICHARD
08-27-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
LOL!!!! who ever starts tomorrow's thursdays thread:
quote richard ordering the furry drink!
'let me get on a.....'

lol,
i went to mac donald's yesterday and after i ordered my food the guy behind me walks up to the counter and says, "let me get a....."

close enough so i laughed anyway!!!

Catland,
Would you like to be my taste tester.
I have never produced a purple primate before!!:confused:

popcornbird
08-27-2003, 03:38 PM
You mean..............summer's ending already?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:(:(:(:(:(

RICHARD
08-27-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
You mean..............summer's ending already?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:(:(:(:(:(

Summer ends the very first day you say, "Man, is it hot...I wish it was cooler..." ;)

Miss Meow
08-27-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by catland
I know summer doesn't end until later in September for those of us north of the equator, but for those of you not here in the states, we typically consider our Labor Day holiday (first Monday in September) to be our unofficial end of summer.

Miss Meow - this can be your end of Winter party.:)

With that in mind, I believe we're in need of some FPS's for our DOTD?

Thank goodness, I'm over the darkness and coldness! It doesn't start getting warmer until late September, so a Purple Fuzzy Small Animal drinkie would be nice to warm me up!

But we are still in drought conditions and water restrictions which leaves little hope for a nice summer this year :rolleyes:

slick
08-27-2003, 04:06 PM
This week at work has not been very good. Stress level is at the top floor so I need something strong to take me down a notch or two. Anything will do Richard. You decide. BTW, that's a very nice tie you are wearing.

catland
08-27-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Catland,
Would you like to be my taste tester.
I have never produced a purple primate before!!:confused:

SURE - I'm game:p

RICHARD
08-27-2003, 04:22 PM
MM,
a purple primate for you! plenty of ice....

slick,
a purple primate with a shot of tequila on the side.....thank you, it's a jerry garcia tie!!!

Catland...

here you go!!!!

Done!

i suggest a toast to Long Hot Summers, Short Cool Winters and Mother Nature....
:D

slick
08-27-2003, 04:45 PM
slick,
a purple primate with a shot of tequila on the side.....thank you, it's a jerry garcia tie!!!:D
I used to be a deadhead long ago!! Hmmm, still am but now it's taken on a whole new meaning :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the drink. It made my tongue go purple, see????

zippy-kat
08-27-2003, 05:39 PM
I would like a Furry Purple Squirrel please...unless it resembles Mr. Roger's Giant Purple Panda... that thing scared me!!!:eek:

Are squirrels really primates? Or is there an inside joke I'm missing? >blonde moment<

slick
08-27-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Are squirrels really primates? Or is there an inside joke I'm missing? >blonde moment<
I was wondering that too. I thought they were part of the rodent family, but what do I know. In school, I flunked all the important courses and got A's and B's in drama and music.

RICHARD
08-27-2003, 05:49 PM
I would like a Furry Purple Squirrel please...unless it resembles Mr. Roger's Giant Purple Panda... that thing scared me!!!:eek:

HOW STUPID AM I???
last week someone proposed a 'furry drink'

i looked around and found this...

Funky Monkey

Equal parts: Peach Schnapps, Kahlua & Baileys

Float Baileys on top
---------------------------
Gini got me the recipe for a Purple Fuzzy Squirrel.....i was laughing so hard that somehow I ended up with a purple funky fuzzy squirrel monkey....

hence the Primate reference......

I am sorry for the inconvienence and confusion.....how embarrassing!!!

Purple Fuzzy Squirrels for the House........

babolaypo65
08-27-2003, 06:38 PM
whatever the family/genus/species of the squirrel, I'd like one please! A double.
And yes, I'll order it Richard style.

slick
08-27-2003, 06:44 PM
purple funky fuzzy squirrel monkey....

Whoa......say that fast 10 times

purple sunky funky mirrel sonkey

I'll take another one please. M-M good.

Uabassoon
08-27-2003, 06:45 PM
Summer ends the very first day you say, "Man, is it hot...I wish it was cooler..."

In that case summer ended in Arizona back in April!

RICHARD
08-27-2003, 07:29 PM
Babo, Slick and UA,

lolololol.....

purple fuzzy funky furry squiirrel monkeys for all of you...

DONE!

we should practice saying that, with my luck they'll make that a Field Sobriety Test!!

zippy-kat
08-27-2003, 07:56 PM
Anyone up for a Peanut Race or the Fuzzy Duck game?:)

KYS
08-27-2003, 09:57 PM
posted by zippy-kat:Anyone up for a Peanut Race or the Fuzzy Duck game?:) >>>>>>

I'll bite what is a Peanut race or the Fuzzy Duck game. lol

Richard, I hate to be boring, but I am in the mood
for a Strawberry Margarita please!
I had a bad week too, so make it a double please. lol

zippy-kat
08-27-2003, 10:27 PM
Peanut Race
Each player needs a *glass* of beer and a handful of shelled peanuts. On the count (eg 3-2-1-DROP!) players drop a peanut into their glass and watch it rise. The loser (last peanut to rise) must drink the entire contents and all "soggy" peanuts must be consumed. After the loser has been refilled, he gives the countdown and round two begins!

Other Rules:
*Players must drop their peanut exactly when DROP is called. If if it's dropped too early or too late, they are the loser.
* If the peanut is dropped on time, but it falls outside the glass (believe me it happens), then they are the loser.
*When a player loses, the other players may not point a finger at the loser, nor shout "DRINK". If a player points a finger at the loser, or shouts "DRINK", then they too (along with the loser) must drink their beer.
*All players must use similar peanuts (e.g. brown skin removed, brown skin not removed, halves, or wholes).

Fuzzy Duck
Begin the game by saying "fuzzy duck" to the person to your left. That person then says "fuzzy duck" to the person on his/her left. This continues until someone decides to change the direction of play by saying "does he" (duzzy). "Does he" changes the direction and the phrase that is said. Not only does the direction change but the people must say "ducky fuzz." Now the game is going to the right with "ducky fuzz." The direction is then changed back by saying "duzzy." The words to say go back to "fuzzy duck."

Any slips of the tongue/screw ups... you must drink!

gini
08-27-2003, 10:35 PM
OMG, I came up with the actual drink, so now I guess I have to actually order it. (how am I going to get out of this?)

And on top of that I have to drop peanuts into the drink and say fuzzy wuzzy ducky to the person on my left. RIGHT! SURE!

I don't do too well with Tidy-Bowl drinks - you know that blue curacao stuff.

zippy-kat
08-28-2003, 05:10 AM
I'm startin' early....

Just a really tall cup of moch latte, please.

See ya'll (way later) this evenin'!

Aspen and Misty
08-28-2003, 06:18 AM
Hey ya'll I'm heading to South Carolina tonight and it's gonna be HOT so Vanilla milkshake it is for me!

Ash :D

lbaker
08-28-2003, 07:48 AM
Now hold on a minute

purple sunky funky mirrel sonkey
:eek: Slick, you cut off ;) Zippy, fuzzy duzzy dizzy duck :confused: your commute must be too long. Just because I'm late (well no, you guys jumped the gun I think) doesn't mean I'm cleaning up soggy peanuts :mad: Too early for purple anything for me (ha ha Gini, serves you right!) so let me try another Creamsicle (with a toast to Rascal & his harem). Richard, best GDead concert I ever saw was years ago at RedRock in Colorado. Don't ask me for the play list though, it was in the 70's and I was on vacation :rolleyes:

mugsy
08-28-2003, 07:51 AM
I have to drive too much this weekend, I want the usual Diet Dr Pepper and some nachos, PLEASE!!

KYS
08-28-2003, 08:17 AM
[posted by zippy-kat:Peanut Race>>>>>>>>

I'll play if I can use cream soda instead of
Beer. :)

robinh
08-28-2003, 09:05 AM
It's been a hot, horrible week here, maybe I should have a "purple funky fuzzy squirrel monkey" too.

And I'm not playing any game where I have to say "fuzzy duck" to anyone cause I know I'm the one who will screw it up. Geez, this week, I can even type - the worst part about that - it's what I do for a living.

Make that a double, Richard. It's gonna be a looooooong day! :D

catland
08-28-2003, 10:14 AM
No peanuts for me, or any fuzzy duckies, I'm toooo old for drinking games anymore. It's not the game, but the morning after that I can't do.

Richard, another lavender hairy lemur please;)

gini
08-28-2003, 10:36 AM
A funny thing happened this morning. I heard two squirrels playing in my big maple tree in my back yard. They were running round and round the trunk chasing each other. I went outside to watch them and they both stopped, looked right at me and really gave me a piece of their minds.

Oh, Oh, it's that drink name I found.

Richard, I had better order one of your special margaritas today and skip the squirrel drink.

RICHARD
08-28-2003, 11:20 AM
i have to work today...so i have to make this fast..

Zip,
tall mocha latte,
LB,
creamsicle,
Mugs,
Diet Dr. w/nachos,
Kys,
strawberry margarita, cream soda,
RH,
PFFM.....lol i have to abbreviate that!!
Cat,
A lavender lemur!:confused:
Gini,
a margarita,
A&M,
vanilla milkshake!

a bowl of peanuts and a fast and productive thursday!!!!

Done!....

and THANKS to everyone for contributing to the weekly themes!!!!;)

slick
08-28-2003, 11:21 AM
Well, I'm about to go and move a bunch of computers around so for now I'll have a virgin Caesar please, heavy on the tobasco. Ta-Ta.

When I return count me in for the games.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-28-2003, 11:33 AM
Just my gallon of iced tea with lime for me and catnip tea on ice for the boys. Still scorching here. They PROMISE tomorrow is going to only be in the 80s. FALL hurry up and get here!!!!!!!!!
Oh, some nachos too, please.
:D

RICHARD
08-28-2003, 11:48 AM
Slick,

remember to lift with your knees..
one HOT Virgin Ceasar;)

MoFF...
gallon of tea /lime and a cold
catnip tea for the boys. Nachos too!

I'm gonna put in a HUGE kitty litter box so the boys can do their business w/o the worry of being stepped on in the BR!!:D

Done......

momoffuzzyfaces
08-28-2003, 12:08 PM

MoFF...
gallon of tea /lime and a cold
catnip tea for the boys. Nachos too!

I'm gonna put in a HUGE kitty litter box so the boys can do their business w/o the worry of being stepped on in the BR!!:D

Done......
The boys and I thank you!!!:D

RICHARD
08-28-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
The boys and I thank you!!!:D

you're very welcome!!!!

i hope the fall comes soon, too!

we have had two days of storms and floods in the
neighboring counties.....we had three people
get washed away two days ago!!:(
yep, cool weather, that's what we need!

slick
08-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Ok I'm back and I'm hot and thirsty. Beer and pizza with everything please. Anyone care to join me??

catland
08-28-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by slick
Ok I'm back and I'm hot and thirsty. Beer and pizza with everything please. Anyone care to join me??

Sounds great! I'm tired of having that furry squirrel stuck to my tongue - I need some beer to wash it down.

What kind of pizza do you like? I'm always in favor of anything with pepperoni or canadian bacon or fresh tomatoes or mushrooms (just hold the onions please).

RICHARD
08-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by catland
Sounds great! I'm tired of having that furry squirrel stuck to my tongue - I need some beer to wash it down.

What kind of pizza do you like? I'm always in favor of anything with pepperoni or canadian bacon or fresh tomatoes or mushrooms (just hold the onions please).

I'm always ready for beer and pizza!!!

done!!!

:)

slick
08-28-2003, 03:24 PM
There's nothing I don't like on a pizza except anchovies. I like the thick crust and toppings that fall over the side when you bite it - oozing with cheese.

God I can't stand this, I'm reaching for a carrot stick as I speak....

RICHARD
08-28-2003, 04:05 PM
There's nothing I don't like on a pizza except anchovies. I like the thick crust and toppings that fall over the side when you bite it - oozing with cheese.

God I can't stand this, I'm reaching for a carrot stick as I speak....

EEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

At least you'll have good eyesight...

slick
08-28-2003, 04:48 PM
EEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

At least you'll have good eyesight...

Is that EEEEWWWW to the carrot stick or the oozing cheese? BTW with all the carrot sticks I eat I still have to wear biofocals. Life just isn't fair sometimes.

Another beer please and none of that cheap watery lite stuff. Make it one of those strong 7% ones like Wildcat. Like my Mom says, "if you gonna have a drink, have a drink!" Yeah Mom!

catland
08-28-2003, 04:50 PM
Let me treat - we're home of the micro-brews up here and I'm sure I can find something to satisfy your thirst:)

RICHARD
08-28-2003, 04:55 PM
Is that EEEEWWWW to the carrot stick or the oozing cheese? BTW with all the carrot sticks I eat I still have to wear biofocals. Life just isn't fair sometimes.

Another beer please and none of that cheap watery lite stuff. Make it one of those strong 7% ones like Wildcat. Like my Mom says, "if you gonna have a drink, have a drink!" Yeah Mom!

That was a carrot stick EWWWWWWWWW....
i know about the glasses....lol, you made me think of my RB GF......when we'd make a drink it would have plenty of ice-her motto??? "you gotta LIVE!"

Miss Meow
08-28-2003, 05:56 PM
Yum yum, I'll have the Homer Simpson special too: beeeeeer and pizza :) ;)

Shall we have a beach party theme next week to commemorate the end of the northern hemisphere summer???

slick
08-28-2003, 06:18 PM
That's a great idea. I'll wear the Annette Funichello hairdo and Richard can be my Frankie Avalon.

How 'bout a clam bake??

RICHARD
08-28-2003, 06:37 PM
That's a great idea. I'll wear the Annette Funichello hairdo and Richard can be my Frankie Avalon.

How 'bout a clam bake??

MM
you got it!!!!

Slick,

BINGO.....(as in BEACH BLANKET!)

lololololol,
what was the name of the motorcycle gang in those beach movies???

NOTICE:

All patrons that attend next THURSDAY'S shindig will BE REQUIRED TO DRESS APPROPRIATELY.

Hawaiian shirts, Flip Flops, Sandals, bathing suits, Sarongs (who knew I would know what a SARONG is....lol) anything that celebrates Summer...

I suggest a HELLO/GOODBYE Summer party???

Gini,
no 'Blue Hawaii' drinks...

We do need some Dick Dale records and maybe we can get a BIG SCREEN and show some cheesy AF/FA movies?????

slick
08-28-2003, 06:46 PM
For the younger ones in the crowd, check out this site for beach party trivia.

http://www.beachpartymoviemusic.com/BeachBlanketBingo.html

http://www.adasa.com/60s/BeachMovies.asp
For samples of movies to watch.

RICHARD
08-28-2003, 06:58 PM
lololololololololol...

Slick,

you are the greatest!!! The RATS and MICE m/c gang, and...

Beach Blanket Bingo begins boldly on the beach itself (unlike Beach Party, which opens with tentative aerial surveys of the beach), with twisting, frugging teenagers and the two principals, Franky (Frankie Avalon) and DeeDee (Annette Funicello) singing to the audience.
-------------------------------

Ah, The good old days!!! When teenagers "frugged"
and their parents were o.k. with it!!!:eek: :D

slick
08-28-2003, 07:04 PM
Another thing for younger ones,

The appropriate beach party attire does not, and I repeat, does not, show any navels or parts of ones **ahem** buttocks. The upper chest area must be covered so as to not expose sensitive parts....

And for the guys......no speedos please.

and I thought I was here to work........HA, I say!

Thanks for the beer and pizza Richard! I'm on my way home soon. Talk to everyone tomorrow.

zippy-kat
08-28-2003, 08:01 PM
I would like the bottle(!) of bicardi limon (how do you get the accent mark above a letter? I've never figured that out...)

K'Cee found ANOTHER scorpion as I was leaving for work--I got to it before she did. (WHEW!) However work is a big joke, and I will not be going back tomorrow. The people are reallllyyy nice but realllyyy anal and the pay isn't worth the commute.

THEN my ('01) car breaks down and nissan roadside assistance refuses to come, so I had to sit in the sun until a good samaritan came to help (dad was on his way but was 3 hrs away). Meanwhile, I'm bawling cos I don't know what to do... :rolleyes:

Yes, a bottle of bicardi please.

babolaypo65
08-28-2003, 08:16 PM
WOW! I'll buy you a bottle of bicardi! you deserve after that day!!!!

I would like the bottle(!) of bicardi limon (how do you get the accent mark above a letter? I've never figured that out...)

K'Cee found ANOTHER scorpion as I was leaving for work--I got to it before she did. (WHEW!) However work is a big joke, and I will not be going back tomorrow. The people are reallllyyy nice but realllyyy anal and the pay isn't worth the commute.

THEN my ('01) car breaks down and nissan roadside assistance refuses to come, so I had to sit in the sun until a good samaritan came to help (dad was on his way but was 3 hrs away). Meanwhile, I'm bawling cos I don't know what to do... :rolleyes:

Yes, a bottle of bicardi please.

Cincy'sMom
08-28-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
WOW! I'll buy you a bottle of bicardi! you deserve after that day!!!!

And I'll add a second...you're gong to need at least two!!

Miss Meow
08-28-2003, 08:50 PM
Zippy, want some pizza too? That'll make you feel better :)

That reminds me of the time my old car broke down on the way to work one morning. I was blocking the third lane of the major four lane road that leads into the city, and it was peak hour. Not one son of a witch would help me push the damn car off the road so I wasn't blocking the traffic, instead, every man and his dog beeped their horns at me. The roadside assistance people said it would take an hour for help to arrive, so I just sat there and cried. I rang work to say I'd be late and sat in the car listening to the beeps.

My mobile phone rang and it was the roadside assistance people, saying that it would take even longer to send help. That set me off and I went ballistic at the girl on the phone and threatened to leave my car on the road and walk to work - she then fessed up, it was the girls at work making a prank call to me ... I have never forgiven Jen for doing that!

Slick, those web sites are great - can I be Gidget??? :D

RICHARD
08-29-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow

Slick, those web sites are great - can I be Gidget??? :D

i think you can BE ANYTHING YOU WANT!!:)

but can you frug?:eek:

gini
08-29-2003, 04:09 PM
I have run over here because I was getting into a really bad mood in the Dog House section.

I will share a fun story. I am involved in a literacy project and yesterday I had to interview a man as a possible recipient of free books for his school. After the interview I needed to call another man working on the project and give him the results.

I was chattering away - talking about the school, their needs and the man interupted me. He asked.....

How old is he? I was surprised, but answered my best guess.

Where does he live? - I didn't have a clue.

How much money do you think he makes? He runs a Charter School - probably not a great del.

Is he married?

And then it hit me - I was being set up............he was trying to fix me up with this guy. I just cracked up.

Oh, Richard isn't it still Thursday? I will bring several bottles of Bacardi Limon or Meyers or whatever and many pizzas - any way you like them.

RICHARD
08-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by gini

And then it hit me - I was being set up............he was trying to fix me up with this guy. I just cracked up.

Oh, Richard isn't it still Thursday? I will bring several bottles of Bacardi Limon or Meyers or whatever and many pizzas - any way you like them.

it's our special extended three day weekend party!!! come on over!! i'm practicing my 'frugging'-not that it's gonna help me any!

we have to make sure we invite Ms. Zip-adelic...
she deserves the barstool under the air conditioner...

lol, i always think about 'being broken' when someone mentions 'being fixed up'...

catland
08-29-2003, 05:21 PM
it's our special extended three day weekend party!!!

I'd like to do the limbo but I'm afraid I'd break something.:p

I don't quite remember what a frug, or a watusi is - but I should be able to twist and shout.:cool:

gini
08-29-2003, 05:48 PM
we have to make sure we invite Ms. Zip-adelic...
she deserves the barstool under the air conditioner...

lol, i always think about 'being broken' when someone mentions 'being fixed up'...

Including Miz Zip is a MUST! But I think she needs more than air conditioning right now (read, new car, financing for school, no more scorpions etc.)

And Richard, it ain't broke, so don't try to fix it:D :D that's why I say.

KYS
08-29-2003, 05:58 PM
posted by gini: And then it hit me - I was being set up............he was trying to fix me up with this guy. I just cracked up.>>>>>

Well! did the set up work, and did you like him?

Richard what's a frugging?

LIMBO! I can do that if I don't have to bend.
(is the stick high enough) hehehe

RICHARD
08-29-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by KYS

Richard what's a frugging?

the Frug is a dance/style that was popular in the 60's, not that i would know......

Your home work?

pop some corn, grab a beverage and watch a Funicello/Avalon movie......

and plan to roll your eyes and laugh alot!!

Oh my, what did YOU think the 'frug' was?;)

KYS
08-29-2003, 11:50 PM
posted by RICHARD:Oh my, what did YOU think the 'frug' was?;) >>>>>>>

Now what did you think I thought it was. lol
Honest Richard, I did not have my mind in the gutter. :D

I use to watch Annette and Frankie.
I thought they did the jerk, swim, monkey and jumped
around a lot. I guess I better do my homework
and watch the Disney channel. lol

Aspen and Misty
08-31-2003, 12:15 AM
Hi Richard :D Since I'm your very fav person in the whole wide world :D Could I please order something to drink? I'm having an absolutly horrible day and need something to cheer me up. A hot coco would be nice, if you can't thats ok.

Ash

iceyshiver21
08-31-2003, 10:38 AM
*crawls in for next week beings I've been gone for the last two....*

babolaypo65
08-31-2003, 10:44 AM
Welcome back to Thursday's Ice!