PDA

View Full Version : Applications

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-27-2003, 01:50 PM
I am looking thru some applications from my mom's work, because she wants me to pick out a few (meaning 3 or 4) and there's over 100 applications! Some people don't take this serious enough. Here's some funny stuff I saw in some.

~Someone wrote in marker, and someone wrote in HOT PINK gel-pen and attempted to cover it with black pen.
~Someone convicted of battery, someone found guilty on a plea of insanity, and someone charged with forgery. What good can come from someone charged with forgery? The forgery person also wrote on the bottom,

"I have been in NO trouble since then."

:rolleyes:

~Some people CAN'T SPELL! GOD!
~Anne, you and I learned this with Mrs. Rohr... you need to follow the directions on an app.! HELLOOOO!
~Someone wrote the following under the section, -"Indicate and reasonable job accomidations that may be made to enable you to perform the duties of the job you are applying for."

"In 1989 (summer) right after high school I work at a convenient store as a cashier the store burn down and I just didn't go back cause I found another job. I was a cashier, stacker and I cut deli meat for people."

*shudders*

~Some peoples handwriting is HORRID!! OMG!! It is sooooo bad.
~Some wrote this on the previous job section where she was to describe her duties.

"Picker, packer, restock." (I found that amusing lol)

~Someone spelled material- meterial. *shudder*
illness- illeness (get it RIGHT people!)
*Psst.. ANNE! 2 of these people worked at the Marriott! They got automatically put in the good pile. :)*
~Someone charged with "disordly, conduct." <-- Exactly what they put. *sigh*
~Someone actually spelled Dairy Queen, Dairy Qween. Oh my. My my my.
~BTW, Gas Station is one word, not two. (gastation.) Gosh.
~Someone put for job description,-"I would check people out..." Yeah I know what he means, just kind of humorous if you think about it. :)
~Someone was a telemarketer. No no no no no!
~People have their apps. folded. Another no no.
~Half the people didn't date and sign it!

Well I'm finally done... lol that was interesting!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-27-2003, 03:09 PM
*bonk*

ticosmyham
08-27-2003, 07:03 PM
LOL!! You know how much it bothers me when people don't correctly spell words (ecspecially easy ones!)...... *also shudders*
And also wondering...should you be looking through these? lol I would be too. ( are we bad or what?!)

MARRIOT ROCKS!!! WOHOOOO!!

Uabassoon
08-27-2003, 07:07 PM
~Someone was a telemarketer. No no no no no!

LOL give the telemarketer some credit.. at least he was trying to change!

I think almost everyone that has lived in Tucson for more than ten years (assuming they didn't move here because of a job transfer) has worked in some sort of telemarking. It pays really well and it's an easy job, however they all have such high turnover rates due to the fact that you're a telemarketer and everyone hates you. I however avoided the sales end of it, I spend one summer working as a 411 operator, and once I did phone surveys.

Soledad
08-27-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by ticosmyham
LOL!! You know how much it bothers me when people don't correctly spell words (ecspecially

E-S-P-E-C-I-A-L-L-Y

:p ;)

ticosmyham
08-27-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
E-S-P-E-C-I-A-L-L-Y

:p ;)
OOPS! omg I actually DO know how to spell that! *flicks herself in the forhead*

babolaypo65
Soledad: You stole the quote right out of my hands! It made me giggle out loud!

What a great experience though, to be on the other end of the application process!

Kater
Spell check was a great invention! *HINT*

ticosmyham
08-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by ticosmyham
OOPS! omg I actually DO know how to spell that! *flicks herself in the forhead*

FOREHEAD!! Ok, misspelings are just fine by me. LOL

babolaypo65
08-27-2003, 07:30 PM
You ARE sorta spelling impaired I've noticed... Good thing for computers! :D

(I'm number impaired, any numbers? I'll get them wrong. I have waitresses follow me to my car because I've added wrong on the bill....):D

ticosmyham
08-27-2003, 07:39 PM
It's not that I can't spell, it's just that I don't TYPE very well. Or check my reply before I submit it. *going to start doing that from now on*

tomkatzid
08-27-2003, 11:25 PM
i can't spell.
i can't find the shift key.
i work for marriott too.
:D

ticosmyham
08-28-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
i can't spell.
i can't find the shift key.
i work for marriott too.
:D

YOU WORK FOR THE MARIOTT????!!!! WOHHOOOO The mariott is the best hotel EVER!!