PDA

View Full Version : Dog Friendly Employers...

zippy-kat
12-03-2001, 11:41 AM
Thought this was pretty neat!

http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/general/workplace/

Logan
12-03-2001, 11:46 AM
I checked out South Carolina, Zippy. They don't have my company listed! LOL! It is a terrific thing to work where your pets can be with you, most of the time. It is a little embarassing sometimes when the windows are open and the two loud mouthed retrievers decide to "talk"!!!! Sort of hard to explain to a customer sometime! :o

12-03-2001, 11:58 AM
Dog gone...no pun intended, but there were only 2 listed in IL. I gather most of them are on the west coast from what I heard. I have several friends out yonder and they always tell me they take their dogs to work. I think iffin I were to take Hoocher Smoocher to work, he wouldn't be a bother at all. Although he sure is high maintainence and would bother folks to get pet all the time..

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-03-2001, 12:08 PM
I can only imagine if I brought Drake to work with me everyday. If I am around him, all he wants to do is play! I would spend most of my time trying to entertain him and keep him bus that I wouldn't get any work done.

yorkster
12-03-2001, 04:28 PM
That is too cool, Zippy!
I checked out Washington state, and there are quite a few, including Amazon.com downtown Seattle. I guess Jeff Bezzos (the owner) rejected a lease sight because no dogs were allowed!
Also certain departments in the city of Seattle allow dogs too.
I think I'l start a new job search!

mugsy
12-03-2001, 07:33 PM
Gee Augie, I got you beat. There is only one in Indiana and that's in Bloomington. Can you imagine me bringing my brood to school and trying to teach a bunch of 7th and 8th graders? lol What a picture.

shais_mom
12-03-2001, 11:31 PM
very cool!
The one place in Oh is like 20 min from where I grew up!! about 45 min from me now !!
sweet!

mugsy
12-04-2001, 08:02 AM
Oh fine!!! Show off why don't you! hehehehe :P~~~~

mugsy
12-04-2001, 08:03 AM
Oh fine!!! Show off why don't you! hehehehe :P~~~~

ktreva52
12-04-2001, 07:15 PM
I used to take the dogs to work with me when I worked at PetsMart, but there's only one place here in TN that allows it in CERTAIN DEPARTMENTS. How sucky that is!!! Guess I'll just have to find work I can do from home and make a GOOD buck at so I can hang out with the kids all day. They love when I'm home!!! :D

RachelJ
12-04-2001, 08:34 PM
I work from a home office, but my two pretty much ignore me during the day. I have to come out to where they are ensconced on the sofa or chair to get any attention from them. Come 4 pm (quitting time) though, they charge in here to remind me.

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: RachelJ ]

yorkster
12-04-2001, 11:12 PM
Wow Rachel, I would love to work from home! (except when my hubby is home, he-he!)

Golden Smiles
12-05-2001, 06:26 AM
That is neat..I never knew that so many places allowes dogs!! AWESOME!! I think the list will grow and grow!! ;)

AdoreMyDogs
12-05-2001, 06:34 AM
Thanks for that list :) There's one that actually is very close to me, in the same city that my mom works in! My job right now is going pretty good, even though, because of the economy, they cut out all bonuses, many of our benefits, 401K sharing, and put a freeze on raises. I am just afraid to even attempt to look for another job now, but when the economy is better I am keeping that information just in case the dog friendly place is hiring :) It would double my commute time but as long as I had my Graham with me, I would not mind one bit!

Logan
12-05-2001, 07:49 AM
Just imagine all of these employers surprise, when after reading Tonya's link on Pet Talk, they are flooded with applications and resumes. I can see it now, on everyone's resume, "My objective is to secure a position in your company, so that I can bring my dog to work". LOL!! :D :D :D

zippy-kat
12-05-2001, 09:26 AM
Logan~ LOL :D