PDA

View Full Version : Any Subaru owners out there?

catland
08-27-2003, 11:58 AM
I'm still on a quest for a new vehicle and I'm interested in the new Subaru Forester XT (Turbo!).

Anyway, any Subaru owners with good or bad experiences to share? Would you recommend one to your friends or would you buy one again?

Any positive or negative experiences in dealing with dealerships and the cost of repairs?

thank-you.

Albea
08-27-2003, 12:16 PM
I have a 1985 Subaru Station Wagon still running like new. Granted, since I retired I don't drive that much but if I ever decide to buy a new car it will be another Subaru. You won't believe this: the original battery lasted 15 years! I take very good care of it, change the oil once a year, whether or not it needs it, and the only repair I had done was a break job a couple of years ago.
If you buy a new one, the dealers, at least around here, are expensive during the warranty period. I don't take it to the dealer any longer.

Maresche
08-27-2003, 01:10 PM
My husband has a 1999 Subaru impreza and loves it. It handles snowy winters very well and he's had few issues with it (and they resulted from an attempted break in).

In fact, I'm looking to buy a Subaru Outback Sport in the next few months.

jenluckenbach
08-27-2003, 02:30 PM
SUBARU all the way. My last car was a 1983 Subaru wagon, VERY reliable. My current car is a 1992 Subaru wagon (legacy) terrific car. I will never buy anything else but another Subaru. (I am not certain that the Turbo's are rated quite as highly, though). I do not deal with a Subaru dealer for repairs unless necessary, so I have no comment there except to say that between the 2 dealers that are in my area, I WOULD go to the one, but I would NOT go to the other. The one I approve of is a bit steep in price but well worth it for those times that only a dealer can handle the problem. I recommend a Subaru to ANYONE who asks my opinion.

Tina
08-27-2003, 04:10 PM
We don't have a Subaru right now. But my husband has had a couple and he says he loves them.

When we were car shopping a few months ago we was really wanting one. But we pretty much got the first thing that we found in our price range. We ended up with a Mitsubishi Expo. But when we do plan on trading in the Expo we will probably get a Subaru.

My hubby likes the WRX that is what he'd really like to have on of these years.

Miss Meow
08-27-2003, 04:16 PM
I know a few people with Subarus and they all rave about them. Very reliable, well built cars that hold their resale value better than many other makes.

I'd love a WRX but they cost up to $10,000 a year to insure here as they're the favourite of hoons who do crash and raid type robberies in shop windows!

ChloeLove
08-27-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Maresche
My husband has a 1999 Subaru impreza and loves it. It handles snowy winters very well and he's had few issues with it (and they resulted from an attempted break in).

In fact, I'm looking to buy a Subaru Outback Sport in the next few months.

That's what we have, and it is great! I definately encourage you to get it. :)

catland
08-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Wow - not one negative comment. Thanks everyone, for taking time to reply. Maybe I'll go car shopping this weekend.:D

jenluckenbach
09-25-2003, 06:48 PM
SO, did you get a Subaru?