PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

RobiLee
08-27-2003, 10:35 AM
I just wanted to say hello to everyone and see how you all were doing and how all your little fur babies were doing as well. I am doing fine and hanging in there. I go to my first radiation consultation tomorrow and then I start 5 weeks of radiation. 5 days a week for 5 weeks! Yuck!! If anyone has been through radiation please pm me. I would like to hear about it and know what it is like. My little fur face, Katie, is doing great! She is definitely teething and trying to chew on everything. Mostly us!! I have watched her spit out 3 teeth so far. The first time scared me to death...lol. I thought she was having some kind of siezure or something. She was making all these funky mouth movements and shaking her head and it lasted for quite awhile and then the next thing I knew she just spit this tooth right out beside me. Then she just curled up beside me like nothing happened. I have saved all 3 teeth and my son thinks I'm crazy...lol. I really don't know why I have saved them..lol. Katie is 5 months old now and is in major puppy mode. I call them puppy frenzies. She gets so wound up and just doesn't stop. She gets to playing so hard and then the next thing you know she takes off in a mad dash and sprints through the house. It is so funny! I have to sit on the couch and put my feet up so I don't get in her way and I holler "Go Katie Go" and boy does she go! She runs full blast through the kitchen around the dining room table back through the kitchen into the living room back around the end table and chair and around the coffee table and than back through the kitchen and all over again. She does several laps of this at full speed. Then she trots off to the bathroom (she loves the cool bathroom floor) and just flops on the floor and she is sound asleep. She sleeps for quite awhile and then she starts all over again..lol. My favorite thing is when she crawls up on the couch with me. I hadn't planned on letting her on the furniture but I just can't help it. I love it! I have had 2 surgeries in a little over a month so I have spent alot of time on the couch lately (I'm up and moving well now). Anyway, she is taller than the couch and could easily hop right up but instead she climbs up one paw at a time and sits right beside me. It is so cute! Then she either wants to play and attacks me or she brings a chew toy and lays beside me with her head in my lap and I hold her chew toy while she chews away and we watch tv. I love my little fur face!! Well, I have rattled on quite a bit now. I hope I haven't bored everyone. Would love to hear how you all are and some of your fur babies stories.

Have a great day.....Robin :)

GoldenRetrLuver
08-27-2003, 11:01 AM
Welcome Back! :) I hope your radiation and surgery goes well. We missed you! :) Hehe...sounds like Katie is in MAJOR puppy mode! :D Do you have any new picturs of her? We would love to see them. :D:)

RobiLee
08-27-2003, 11:13 AM
I don't have any recent pics of Katie...but here are some from last month. If I do this right...lol

http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?s=&postid=429003
http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?s=&postid=428997

GoldenRetrLuver
08-27-2003, 11:15 AM
Yep, the pictures worked. Katie is a GORGEOUS girl!! :eek::D

micki76
08-27-2003, 06:24 PM
Oh I'm sorry you have to do the radiation, Robin. You'll do fine, though! :) My Dad has to go for chemo every Friday and he complains, but he takes a really mild formulation so it's really not that bad. He's been doing that for almost 2 years now on with short breaks. I was VERY fortunate that I didn't have to do chemo. It sounds like Katie is your best friend and your savior during all of this. Chester was that same thing for me. He and I were very well bonded before my surgery and recovery, but it really strengthened while I was going through that ordeal. If it hadn't been for him, I would have lost it a lot of times.

Anyway, glad you're feeling better and if you ever need anything (even just need help keeping your chin up :) ) just PM me and I'll do anything I can to help you!! Sometimes it just helps to gripe! LOL I did lots of that!! :D

Give Katie lots of smoochies, too!!

dukedogsmom
08-27-2003, 07:58 PM
I wish you good luck with all the hospital stuff. I know it must be scary. I was terrified to just have an outpatient thing done not too long ago. And the puppy sounds hilarious! Duke does that puppy mode thing after he's had a bath. It is so funny! I guess he just feels so good that he's got to tear around the house. Of course, I help getting him revved up. It's great to watch. Animals can be a great comfort when you're going through difficult times. Pm me if you need to talk sometime.
I didn't see the pics until after I wrote this. She is gorgeous!! What kind of dog is she?

Amber
08-27-2003, 08:17 PM
Hi and Welcome!! I see your also from ohio, Me too!!:D

pitc9
08-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Keep your chin up!! I'm sure all you need to do is look at Katie and a smile will be on your face!!!

Good Luck! I wish the best for you!

KYS
08-27-2003, 09:51 PM
I am so glad you are back and posting.
I missed you and your Katie stories.
I hope your last surgery went well.
My sister went through radiation and Kemo.
(not the heavy duty kind)
She is the biggest woose, and she did great.
She had no side effects from the radiation and
they gave her something in the kimo that kept
her from getting sick.
Karen

P.S.
I am amazed you got 3 of Katie's baby teeth.
I never even got one of Rocky's or Sheba's even
though I tried.