PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosis is Cholangiohepatitus

sqwelch
08-27-2003, 10:34 AM
I've just been visiting my wee boy, Jock at the vet. He's been diagnosed with cholangiohepatitus of the liver. The vets been giving him ant-inflamitories (as his liver is swollen) antibiotics and tabs for fluid build up. Its just a case of waiting to see if the medicine works now !!:(

I managed to get him to eat 1/2 slice of cooked chicken and he seems to have perked up slightly with my visit. (The vet said he wished everyone visited their pets as 99% just leave them and don't visit, don't know how they could do that !!)

So fingers and paws crossed he gets better soon but even if the medicine works I think its going to be a long haul as according to the vets book (most of the info was double dutch!) it could take anywhere from 1 - 2 months for him to get better !! But as I say if he starts eating regular again he can come home for the weekend :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-27-2003, 10:38 AM
If I remember right, KAK had a similar problem when her Pepper wouldn't eat. The liver inflamation is caused by them not eating. But I'll leave it to her to explain more since I don't remember details.

I sure hope Jock starts eating. :(

BastetsMum
08-28-2003, 06:34 AM
Get well soon Jock!

Scritches from me and head bumpies from Bastet!

Logan
08-28-2003, 07:41 AM
I do hope the medication, good food and love from you will brighten Jock right up! Please keep us posted and we will definitely pray for a complete recovery, no matter how long it takes!

Logan :)