PDA

View Full Version : Bleh! Can cut!

ILoveReptiles
08-27-2003, 09:35 AM
This morning I was in such a rush to get ready and head out to work - I was opening a can of crickets for my geckos.

It was one of those types with the tab that you push down and peel back the lid on. Well as I was peeling it back, sure enough, the edge of the can caught my middle finger on my left hand

40 minutes later there was still blood gushing out of it. Then it finally started to slow down, and I was late for work. :(

I was so upset, I managed to kick a hole through the drywall. Yes I have a HORRIBLE temper - I know. (one more reason why I refuse to have kids)

hehehe It's now 3 hours later and it's still bleeding a little bit now. I've gone through 7 bandaids so far.

UGH

binka_nugget
08-27-2003, 12:13 PM
Holy cow!! :eek: Have you tried holding your hand above your heart? My chemistry teacher told me about that, it seemed to work.

ILoveReptiles
08-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Yeah I tried that - it helped - it has stopped bleeding for the most part now.

I know it's pretty deep because neosporin actually STUNG when I put it on. Ugh.

I hope it's ok for tonight - I have to use that hand to hold the clutch on the motorcycle for the course I am taking on how to ride one.

magcpen
08-27-2003, 12:26 PM
Ow! Ergh.... at least the bleeding has mostly stopped....

moosmom
08-27-2003, 12:29 PM
I did that once opening a can of cat food :eek: Talk about a pig slaughter in my kitchen. My first reaction was to shake my hand cuz it hurt SO bad!! Blood was everywhere!!

I ended up going to the emergency room and got 13 stitches. The best thing to do when something like that happens is to pour Hydrogen Peroxide over it to get all the bacteria out. Can cuts are the worst, next to paper cuts.

The worst part about the stitches was NOT the stitches, but the Lydocane they inject into the cut first.