PDA

View Full Version : Happy Belated Birthday to Peanut

Desert Arabian
08-27-2003, 01:01 AM
August 24th was my little Princess Peanut's birthday. I was not home on her birthday, I was in Nebraska. She is 2 years old, which is very old for a rattie. A two year old rattie is like an 80+ year old person.

Peanut is defiantly the ruler of all the ratties. When I introduced all the new ratties (Oscar, Fred, Daisy, Nugget, and Sweet Pea) to her, she made sure they knew she was boss. She hasn't done that to Sue, Vi, or Phoebe, because she is too old. No rattie has ever mistreated Peanut, in fact everyone loves to help groom her since she has troubles doing it herself. They are very gentle around her and make sure she doesn't get hurt- if only they were like that to each other :rolleyes: :p

Quite frankly, I am very surprised she has lived through her second birthday as odd as that may sound. She battled a pretty bad case of pneumonia a while back, which almost caused me to have her put to sleep but when I looked into her eyes at the vets office, she told me she could fight the battle and wasn't ready to leave. She fought that battle quite well, and is still here today.

She is beyond the stage of "favorite" in the rattie clan. She has created a whole new level of favorite. When she was younger she came everywhere with me, trips through the drive-thru, trips to the cottage, and even trips INSIDE of stores, such as Home Depot, in a special purse I had just for her to sneak her inside.

You can tell she is rather old, she has lost just about all of her spunk, but once and a while she will get a little peppy. She used to run around the couches, never stopping once, crawling under the cushions- exploring every nook. Now, she just sits on my lap, with one slow walk to the end of the couch and back just to know her surroundings.

Peanut is so dear to me, she takes up my whole heart, and when she does leave me, she will break my whole heart and I will die. I will seriously need some counseling. Even when I think about it my heart starts to ache and my eyes start to water. She's so dear to me, I am thinking about getting her privately cremated when she leaves me.

Tomorrow we might have a special little late birthday party, like the one last year.

Anyways, I just wanted to say happy belated birthday to an extremely extremely extremely special friend.

I love you oh so much Peanut! XOXOXO

Peanut & Punkin (born Aug 16 died Nov 21) celebrating their 1st birthday together.

wolf_Q
08-27-2003, 01:10 AM
Happy Birthday Peanut! I can tell you are a very special rattie! :D

Kater
08-27-2003, 01:20 AM
Honestly this post brought tears to my eyes. So sweet!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Peanut!!!

Does she get a picnic style birthday party? ;)

tatsxxx11
08-27-2003, 05:54 AM
That is one of the most touching tributes to a furfriend I have ever read. What a beloved, beautiful Rattie. When I saw her precious birthday photo, well, the tears started falling. Peanut, I hope you and your very proud and loving Mommy and the entire Rattie clan have a very special celebration. You truly are a little Princess:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEANUT!!:) Love and gentle Rattie hugs and kisses to you sweetheart! Sandra

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-27-2003, 06:24 AM
Peanut... I AM IN LOVE!!!!

That birthday picture is exploding with cuteness!!!... I am so glad to see you have lived such a long and happy life and I hope you break the record and live 5 more years!!... You are such a cutie and I hope you have the happiest birthday ever!!! :D

iceyshiver21
08-27-2003, 08:40 AM
AWWW HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEANUT!!!

Dogz
08-27-2003, 01:39 PM
Happy Birthday!!!
What a cute pic!
:D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;)