PDA

View Full Version : omg dyed my hair an d it turned greenish grey!!!!

tikeyas_mom
08-26-2003, 10:24 PM
I desided I wanted to brighhten my hair up a lil with a lighter blond color, so I went out and bought some. and yeah it turned my hair a greenish grey color!!! :eek:

It looks so discustingly ugly, My mom took my to the hairdressers for an opinion and he told us to put ketchup i my hair, so my mom did and it is caked in my hair right now lol

it smells so sick I wanna relph. PUKE

GAGE

!!!!!

has anyone eles had a b ad experience with hair dy? and how did you get rid of it??

:eek:

ticosmyham
08-26-2003, 10:29 PM
Yikes!! :eek: Ketcup is good on fries...but not hair! lol

tikeyas_mom
08-26-2003, 10:30 PM
I know what you mean lol,, it is so diuscusting lol, it smells nasty an d AGHHHHHHHHH it is so groose help lol.

Soledad
08-26-2003, 10:39 PM
I'm sure there are things you can do to make it better, but why not just go to a professional this time and let them redye it and fix it up??

Failing that, just grab a box of dye closest to your natural color.

Karen
08-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Ketchup is tomato-based so slightly acidic (as is human skin and hair), and also red is the complement of green, so should cancel it out somewhat.

Every hair dye box I've ever seen (yes, I read strange things when killing time in the supermarket) says to "test a piece" first, as everyone's body chemisty is different, and it's better to find out on a small piece of hair that your whole head what the dye will do to your particular hair!

Be careful, too, as dyeing hair too often can damage it, make it brittle and dry. I learned that at my very first job - worked at a wig shop, and that was a common reason for healthy women to look at wigs - over-coloring, or coloring then perming then coloring ... left their hair damanged and easier to cover completely than fix!

Kater
08-26-2003, 11:06 PM
I guess you get what you pay for. Was this product by any chance "Sun-In Spray-In Hair Lightener"? That stuff can do funky things to the color of your hair.

wolfsoul
08-26-2003, 11:18 PM
One time my mom dyed her hair blonde, and she left it in too long and it turned green. -_-; How long did you leave iot in for? It depends on the brand, but I usually leave mine in for half an hour to 40 minutes.

A good way to get rid of extra dye is to rub mayonnaise in your hair and after while wash it out. The smell is probably at the same level as ketchup though lol.

binka_nugget
08-26-2003, 11:31 PM
my friend tried making her hair lighter and it turned grey/green also. She called up the company and they told her why it looked green...but I can't remember why. The..base? Or something? Not sure. I guess I'm lucky to have black hair..it's as easy as it can get to get back to my natural hair color. ;)

anna_66
08-27-2003, 07:02 AM
I tried to go "Blonde" at home about 10 years ago....not a good idea at all:rolleyes:

I spent the whole next day at the hairdressers trying to get my hair to look somewhat normal. I guess I'll stick with dark hair:o

Hope your hair looks better today:)

moosmom
08-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Hair that has been dyed will turn green if you go swimming in a chlorinated pool.

That's why I never go swimming after I dye my hair. :D