PDA

View Full Version : It's 9 PM, Do you know where your cats are?

Vermontcat
08-26-2003, 08:19 PM
Hopefully they are all nearby where you can see them but 5 minutes ago I found poor Samantha outside on the back deck!
When I opened the door she let out a string of loud angry MRROWMRROWMRROWS to let me know what she thought about being forgotten!

I have been busy getting my kids ready for back to school time and into bed and one of them must have let Samantha out before they went to bed and they didn't tell me.
Samantha is only allowed outside during daylight hours when we are home and we can supervise her.
She is getting older and there are a lot of other neighborhood cats who are out at night that she would fight with.
Luckily the deck has a latching gate so nothing bigger than a cat could get to her.
It is a good thing I always check on her at night so I knew to look for her.

So where are your cats right now?
It doesn't matter what time of day it is for you, just tell me where your cats are and what they are doing right now.
Samantha is now happily curled up in her favorite sleeping spot.:)

Logan
08-26-2003, 08:21 PM
Butter is sleeping right next to me in the other computer chair! Mimi is in bed with Helen! :)

neko1
08-26-2003, 08:25 PM
Eating....(as usual:rolleyes: )

sasvermont
08-26-2003, 08:30 PM
Juni is here in the computer room, playing with a furry mouse and Miley is watching her. They usually follow me around the house. I will confess that earlier in the evening I could not find Juni and wondered if I had allowed her to creep in to the dryer with the newly dried clothes...but no, she was hanging out somewhere else, thank goodness!

Samantha, you should not go out at night! ;)

RedHedd
08-26-2003, 09:35 PM
Mitzi is under the bed as the vacuum monster made an appearance tonight and she ran for safety. Mishi is on top of the bed waiting for her to emerge. :rolleyes:

sasha the cat
08-26-2003, 09:39 PM
I'm right here with my KatMa. She would have a heart attack if she couldn't find me in the house!!!

Mew, we understand Samantha's loud mews to let you know she was OUTSIDE all by herself, at night! You must have, mew-meow freaked when you realized Samantha was outside...

bluekat
08-26-2003, 09:42 PM
I think Blueberry's sleeping, or not sleeping in front of our kitchen window. Even though its dark out, he still likes to look outside.:p

Steffi N
08-26-2003, 10:19 PM
Lovable is on the floor in my bedroom doorway. He did get out one night when we had a blackout (just a local one)- I didn't know- and I found him under a bush outside my apartment the next morning. He has now moved to the bathroom doorway. :D

jazzcat
08-26-2003, 11:48 PM
Jazz asleep on the back of the monitor.

Ripley is in the sunroom asleep on the rug in front of the deck door.

Scout is asleep in my husband's recliner (which is soon to be renamed Scout's recliner).

And for the rest of my family - Disney is asleep in her doggie bed next to my feet here in the office and my husband is asleep in bed.

krazyaboutkatz
08-26-2003, 11:57 PM
Cirrus is in my bedroom with me sitting on the cat napper, Sunny's on the very top of the cat tree in the living room, Sky's on the living room couch, and Storm's on the dining room chair. Are they spoiled or what? :)

I'm so glad that Samantha let you know that she was outside and that she's back inside now safe and sound. Mine are indoor only but they sometimes hide from me too.:)

bisi.cat
08-27-2003, 01:29 AM
It's 8:30 am and Nellie just returns from her second morning patrol in the garden...
Phew, she's not accompanied by any kind of rodents or flying objects (birds)...;)
She's healthy, happy and HUNGRY!!!:D

Nomilynn
08-27-2003, 01:45 AM
I just love this thread! It brings up all kinds of pictures of happy kitties :)

Bassett is sleeping in the window hammock, Nutmeg is sitting on the other window hammock sniffing through the screen, and Tilly is sleeping in the kitty hammock under my desk. Wow.. I have a lot of kitty hammocks! :p They are never very far away from me, which is just how I like it :)

Barbara
08-27-2003, 02:56 AM
I have no idea as I am in the office and the cats are at home. When I left, Tigris helped his dad reading the newspaper, Filou was upstairs hanging out on a sunny spot under a roof window:)

Each of them has already spent a night of the balcony when we didn't check they were out for a moth hunting session:eek:

08-27-2003, 05:27 AM
Maya & Inka are both eating their wet lunch now!!(it is 12.30)

catlover4ever
08-27-2003, 08:02 AM
Well, it's 9:00 am the day after the first post and all but Tucker are in the house, probally sleeping. Tucker was outside on her chair on the back deck when I left. She is the only one who is allowed outside when we are not home. She will not tolerate being inside, as she lived most of her life on the street. In the winter time, well that is a different story, she comes in all the time, and will only go outside to do her business.

At 9pm last night, all were sleeping with me......Tigger on my left shoulder, Abner on my right shoulder, Mystic and Smokey on my feet......Thank goodness for A/C....they give off so much heat I could keep the A/C on year round (even in the winter).

cloverfdx
08-27-2003, 09:41 AM
i am glad samantha is back inside and safe now

well it is 12.37am thursday morning and at the moment Yumi is roaming/hunting around in the house , actualy i think she is looking for food, just a moment ago she came out and jumped up on the computer desk and gave me a cuddle and a kiss than turned and left me again lol silly girl.

lol glad to hear yumi is not the only cat that refuses to go outsde in the winter, she is a sook and wont get her paws wet and muddy outside but come spring she will be out all day up to about 5.30pm then it is in for the night *my own kitty curfew*

ohh she is back again and is playing with a pen on the desk lol, nope gone again lol *hyperactive cat*

catmandu
08-27-2003, 09:57 AM
Princess and Nugget are in the basement. JJJ3 is in the Cat Tower. Moose , Michael , John , BJ , and Sam are on the bed. Rascal is on the bookshelf. Rocca is in the Cat Bed. BoBo is in the shelf above the bed andPrecious and Diane are curled up on the couch that my Father left me!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-27-2003, 10:59 AM
Oh Samantha! I'm so glad your mommy decided to check on you before going to be herself! It would not have been fun sleeping all night on the deck wondering what all those noises in the dark are. I'm glad you're back in your favorite spot, sleeping safe and sound.

I've also made it a habit of making sure I know where they are, and making eye contact with both of them before I go to bed or leave the house. Just for my own peace of mind.

So this morning when I left, they were each in their own favorite spots, and weren't at all happy when I so rudely interrupted their early morning naps to give them a smooch before I left. :rolleyes: :D

Vermontcat
08-27-2003, 12:54 PM
Thanks for all of the replies letting me know where all of your sweet kitties are.:)
Samantha hates the snow and cold so she stays indoors all the time from November until April.
She does come when I call her and she usually is just on the covered front porch or back deck where I can see her.
She does not wander from our yard, we have big dogs on both sides of us so she does not want to go far from the house.
Candy, I will try to find a photo of the deck and gate, luckily we don't have too much wildlife around here, just the neighborhood dogs and cats.

I did find out which of my kids let Samantha out before dark and they know to tell me next time before they go to bed that she is out.
It is getting dark out earlier now so I have to check on Samantha earlier before it gets dark!
Oh and Tubby, Samantha muttered something about waiting for a cab to the airport to fly to Chicago to visit you which I totally forgot about!;)

jenluckenbach
08-27-2003, 02:36 PM
3:30 eastern time.........Monte is hee by my feet, Japser is on the bed next to me, Ashley is on the dresser where she does not belong, Amber is also on the bed, Jim and Sterling are upstairs in their "jails", I'd have to go searching for everyone else, but I am assuming Willow is on the guest bed under the covers (as usual), Fern is on top of the microwave, Biddy would be in the kitchen window, the last time I looked Rutherford and Calvin were on the cat trees sleeping. The others are "your guess is as good as mine" but they are all safe and sound, that is for sure.

Randi
08-27-2003, 03:02 PM
It's getting late here 10.05 PM - or am I just sleepy, so Fister is sitting in the windowsill to check who is walking their dogs - he knows them all. In a minute, he'll be laying across John's tummy purring up a storm and then settle down on my pillow before he retires to under the bed. Just the way it should be!! :)