PDA

View Full Version : Im serious this time.. *i might really have to leave..* :(

CamCamPup33
08-26-2003, 07:15 PM
Okay this isnt a joke.. Well i was talking to my mom about the gift swap stuff.. Me being so excited.. And then she does out of no where.. "Wait till i tell your dad you gave out your address on the computer.." Im confused now because she in the first place said i could do it.. And my dad told me not to give my address out.. And he might say fine no more pettalk crap. :( Im sorry but this isnt a joke.. Well im just telling you because if suddenly im gone you will know why.. :(

Still not a joke..

Cookiebaker
08-26-2003, 07:17 PM
Aww CamCam that'd be too bad! :( I hope they realize that we are a friendly bunch, and not a bunch of freaks! Hope they'll come around! :(

GoldenRetrLuver
08-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Aww...pet talk won't be the same without you! :( We're not a bunch of freaks...okay, maybe animal freaks. ;) I hope your parents come around. :(

KYS
08-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Hope your parents let you stay.

dukedogsmom
08-26-2003, 07:25 PM
I can understand why they're upset, however, you were careful of who you gave it to and we look out for each other here. I dispatch for the police, also, just so you'll know. I hope they'll let you stay here. There's much worse places on the net to hang out.

binka_nugget
08-26-2003, 07:54 PM
awww I hope your parents decide to let you stay. Maybe you can talk your mom into coming here more frequently? I know she signed up...but I don't think I've seen many posts (if any) from her yet. Hopefully, she'll see that this is a great online community.

Kfamr
08-26-2003, 07:57 PM
What would the difference be now? Your address is already out ( your swapper and myself ) Anyone could find your address on the internet anyways. I really hope they don't make you leave, becuase then we probably won't see you at the meeting. :(

CamCamPup33
08-26-2003, 08:18 PM
im gonna try to make her not tell my dad.. even though i will get a package.. She knows how much i love pettalk.. i mean she should because im on it always.. Its my second home.. And all of you are my family and i cant dream of leaving.. :( Kay we all know you have it! But then again your the scary stalker that will hunt me down and kill me.. :rolleyes: :D lol BOB!! Dont let "kayann" fool you.. she is a he and he is bob... lol And he likes to hunt down little kids from their addresses.. i should tell that to my parents.. :p

Kfamr
08-26-2003, 08:24 PM
Don't forget that i'm 80.

CamCamPup33
08-26-2003, 08:28 PM
and preverted.. lmao!!! ok i shouldnt be laughing.. this is a sad subject.. :D oh well.. lol

bluekat
08-26-2003, 09:01 PM
:( I really hope that you don't have to leave. Convince your mom to come on more, and I'm sure she'll understand:)

popcornbird
08-26-2003, 09:48 PM
Noooooooo.............. :(:(:(

I really hope you don't have to leave. Maybe you should've asked your dad also before participating in the swap. Do you're best to try to convince them. I understand why they feel this way. They just want you to be safe, but I hope you can stay with the condition that you won't ever give it to anyone else. :(

primabella
08-26-2003, 09:49 PM
Of all the places and people to give out your adress to I think this is the best one. No place on the net is actually "safe" but I don't think your parents should get too upset, seeing as most people have personally met and know eachother personally, trust eachother and have swapped gifts numerous times.

I hope you can get her to let you stay. It wouldn't be the same without you. Oh and not to be mean, but if your dad said not to give your adress out than you shouldn't. Because you should know then that when he finds out, he'll be pissed. :p

tikeyas_mom
08-26-2003, 10:15 PM
omg amber :(:(

that sucks, I really hope you dont leave me lol.

you have been one of my best friends here, ugh that would suck if you left. lol

I didnt really tell my parents that I was participating in the swop.

I told them that I was sending a gift to a person from pt. then I told them that I am also getting present from someone, and they asked if I gave out my addy, I told them the truth. my mom didnt get mad

wish you luck. :(:(

Karen
08-26-2003, 10:42 PM
Explain to your Dad that your address was not posted publicly. Explain that it is not anywhere where someone else could see it, other than the individual with whom you are exchanging gifts and the person who organized the swap. Invite him to visit Pet Talk, so he understands that it's not a "chat" place, and that your address is not visible.

Then explain that you would never go to meet anyone you met online without their permission, or without one of them accompanying you, and that you understand he is worried, and that you will be very careful.

carole
08-26-2003, 11:37 PM
Although I sympathise with your situation, being a parent, I see their point of view, that is the one big rule we have also, never ever give your address out on the net, I know Pet-talk is probably the safest around, so I think your parent's can be assured of their privacy, and all will be well.

Still one can never be too careful.

I guess if you have done it once, they are frightened you may do it again, I know you feel hacked off, but it is just because they care about you and love you.

Having said that I sure hope you get to stay, we would miss your cute posts.

wolfsoul
08-26-2003, 11:42 PM
Awww, I hope you don't have to leave. :(

I almost had to leave when my mom didn't have enough money for the internet. Luckily, she got a job just in time. :)

I hope you get as lucky as I did.

CamCamPup33
08-27-2003, 04:32 PM
thanks.. so far as i know of she hasnt told him.... Gosh i just wont be the same if i didnt have this!!

CathyBogart
08-27-2003, 04:50 PM
Unless you'reposting it publicly I see no problems. Try the reverse lookup thing too...go to google and type in your phone number. It works a lot of the time. So there's no point in getting mad about it since the addy is already out anyways.

My mom knows all about the swaps, because I asked her for advice on what to get for people. :)

Dogz
08-27-2003, 07:24 PM
I hope you don't have to leave Amber! It wouldn't be the same without you, Cami, or Cali.:( Good luck talking to your mom and dad.
UPDATE: I just figured out the "Amber" is not the Amber as we know her of. She is a man, and her name is Phil. "He" is around 50 years old (not quite as old as "Kayann" whos real name is Bob), so be aware.;) :p

K9karen
08-27-2003, 11:09 PM
I hope you don't have to leave either. I've even ordered stuff on the internet and so far I'm alive and well. I know it's not funny, but I've PM'd my address to people at PT with no problem. I suspect some of us...like me, especially..are old enough to be your mom, and except for Kayann who is a perverted 80 yr old man....look out! Maybe if your mom contacts some of us??? I'd be glad to try to persuade her to let you stay. I understand how she feels, but this truly has to be one of the safest sites and so many of us have been friends for years..almost since PT started! I really hope you can stay!

Foam
08-27-2003, 11:35 PM
Noooooooo!!! Amber!! Don't leave me! :(:(:(
I love you, Amber! ^_^

Kfamr
08-28-2003, 01:05 AM
Your mother, Cami, Your father, and yourself are more than welcome to come and visit, Lauren, myself, and the Fam. over here in Palm Harbor.

Hopefully if you are able to come to the PT meeting, your mom will see how nice even myself, the perverted 80 year old man, and the others on PT are.;)

slleipnir
08-28-2003, 01:13 AM
Shame on you perverted old men..oh well atleast your being honest right? Actually thats what I told cate to 'comfort' her when she said she didnt know you. 'Well she could be an old man you know..'

Kfamr
08-28-2003, 01:14 AM
Lmao... I'll take pictures of myself for Cate..... I'll take pictures of ever inch of my house... I really want you guys to stay here =P

CamCamPup33
08-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Your mother, Cami, Your father, and yourself are more than welcome to come and visit, Lauren, myself, and the Fam. over here in Palm Harbor.

Hopefully if you are able to come to the PT meeting, your mom will see how nice even myself, the perverted 80 year old man, and the others on PT are.;)

wow i have alot more ppl than that that would come!! lol no i think it would on be me and my mom.. No cami!! KIDDING!! lol what kind of parent would i be without my cami?!?! lol and kay ur old! im only 50 as emma says! Nice to meet you bob my real name is phil...

Kfamr
08-28-2003, 05:41 PM
If your 50 your mom must be rather old.:eek:

CamCamPup33
08-28-2003, 05:43 PM
lmao!! And your 80?!?! w:eek:w :D

puppygrrl4eva7
08-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Aw I hope your Parents let you stay:(

carole
08-28-2003, 05:45 PM
I must say for an 80 yr old man, you have very real hip taste in music, have you got nelly's chocolate cd yet?, cannot quite remember the name, but I know my ear's perked up when CHOCOLATE was mentioned lol

Kfamr
08-28-2003, 05:55 PM
Well, an 80 YO man has to be hip so he can get with the ladies... since I'm a pervert and all.

Chocolate CD? I think I missed something.:confused:

I hope any new people, or people who don't take joke... this is a joke. Although, if you'd like me to be. I'll be a 80 y.o. perv for you. :)

tatsxxx11
08-28-2003, 05:58 PM
Nooooooo!!! Please don't leave us!!:eek: Honestly, Amber, as yet another "old enough to be your Mom" Pet Talker ( though I have on occasion been mistaken for an 80 yr. old man:D) I can vouch to your Mom that is one of the safest, "gentlest," most caring sites on the net! I understand your concern about giving out your address. But, it was not posted for all to see; just your gift swapper. I'm sure Mayor Karen would be happy to reassure your Mom as well. You're a sweetheart and we'd sure hate to lose you! Have her call me!;) (No, really!:))

carole
08-28-2003, 06:03 PM
I saw Nelly's latest cd advertised last night, It is something to do with Chocolate, I shall take better note next time, so I can tell you, shall I confess to actually liking Nelly's music as well, being an old timer and all!!!

Kfamr
08-28-2003, 06:10 PM
Hehe.. The lastest cd from Nelly is "Nellyville" ...:p

CamCamPup33
08-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Nooooooo!!! Please don't leave us!!:eek: Honestly, Amber, as yet another "old enough to be your Mom" Pet Talker ( though I have on occasion been mistaken for an 80 yr. old man:D) I can vouch to your Mom that is one of the safest, "gentlest," most caring sites on the net! I understand your concern about giving out your address. But, it was not posted for all to see; just your gift swapper. I'm sure Mayor Karen would be happy to reassure your Mom as well. You're a sweetheart and we'd sure hate to lose you! Have her call me!;) (No, really!:))

aww thanks mom.. lol :D :D :D

carole
08-28-2003, 06:18 PM
OK Miss smarty pants, maybe it is not the latest one then, but It is being advertised right now on nz TV, after all this is the land of the long white cloud you know, we maybe a bit behind, Anyhow I am going to check it out and give you the right name,then you will know what I am talking about.:) :D

Kfamr
08-28-2003, 06:27 PM
I don't remember any of his CD's being named "Chocolate". :p :p :p

carole
08-28-2003, 06:32 PM
Oh well, it is just possible I may have gotten mixed up with another black hip-hop singer with similar name, cannot remember who it is right now, but I will check it out, will let you know ok:)

Kfamr
08-28-2003, 06:36 PM
R.Kelly has a cd called "Chocolate Factory".

carole
08-28-2003, 08:51 PM
oops thats it, sorry, got my names crossed I alway's get kelly and nelly mixed up , silly really, I should have known better, you of all people would know all about Nelly's latest stuff. cheer's.
You must be that wise ole 80yr old man after all lol.