PDA

View Full Version : Legion of the Felis Catus

RICHARD
08-26-2003, 02:11 PM
I think that cat owners should be give a medal for enduring the wounds that their cats have inflicted on them....so I hereby introduce the 'Legion of the Felis Catus'....

a smiling cat face flanked by two paw with claws extended...

My story????

I picked up the Sunday newspaper and settled into my recliner......Edward began to race thru the house......back and forth, back and forth- around the chair, into the bedroom- until i feel a sharp pain on the bottom of my foot.

I look down to see a one inch gash beginning to bleed....Edward used the sole of my foot as a 'launch point'---after limping around
for a few hours i decided to start this award for people injured by felines by accident.

Sorry, play accidents do not count-you have to be minding your own business when the injury occurs. :rolleyes:

To earn a medal you must submit your story, the name of the cat and have a scar/wound to qualify.:eek:

RedHedd
08-26-2003, 02:16 PM
I bear a scar on my lip from my RB Goldie. She really didn't mean to do it! She only wanted to pat my face while I was kissing her sweet little furry belly, however her nails were badly in need of clipping which resulted in a cat-slashed lip that bled profusely!

Now that she's gone, I wear that scar proudly and remember my sweet little golden girl and her oh-so-soft fluffy belly.

Lerah021399
08-26-2003, 02:26 PM
I have a small scar on my left cheek from my babysitter's cat. I was about 6 years old and I was sleeping on their recliner. Well Peaches decided that he wanted to run around the apartment like a crazy man. He ran like mad at the recliner and jumped up and used my face as a "Launch pad" :rolleyes:

RICHARD
08-26-2003, 02:29 PM
RH and Lerah,

I proudly award you the 'Legion of the Felis Catus'. Wear your scars with pride!

(i am guessing that there will be at least one more recliner story....)
:eek:

Barbara
08-26-2003, 02:31 PM
Siegmar has a scar on his belly from the repulsion when Tigris jumped out of the bathtub one nanosecond after he jumped in.

(Name of the cat: nuclear energy Tigris:p )

kitten645
08-26-2003, 02:36 PM
I reluctently remove my boys from sleeping so saintily on my lap due to my entitlement to a medal. Hobbes (all 20ish pounds of him) was sleeping on my lap like an angel that he is. SOMETHING..unheard by human ears no doubt...spooked him and he jumped from my lap...leaving not only a six inch skid mark from his back foot across my thigh but also a gash between my middle and fourth finger that gushed blood to the point I nearly passed out from the sight alone! I looked down on the hardwood floor (thankfully no carpet!!) to a PUDDLE of blood and still spewing from my hand! Mental note to all cat co-habitors....don't ever get gashed there!!! Didn't really hurt though I guess that's the sign of a REAL owie. Probably should have gone to the hospital but afraid I would pass out en route as I was home alone!! Still bear skids on thigh (good thing I'm not a super-model!!) and HAVE to force myself to remove sleeping beauties from lap JUST IN CASE now!!!

catlover4ever
08-26-2003, 02:48 PM
Oh, I have many, many misc. scars on my arms, legs, feet, and chest....those scars would come from Tigger, Tony, Smokey, Tucker, Sam........all of the many "Turbo Kitties" that I have had the pleasure of caring for (slaving my life away too).

However, today, I share my "peace scars" with you. These are from Abner this morning as he bacame the Turbo Kitty and proceeded to run over the tips of my fingers......(see photo) it should give you a good laugh!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid76/pf0d3c655a824c91b851dc8aa73790c49/fb45cd68.jpg

RICHARD
08-26-2003, 02:56 PM
barbara/siegmar, kitten and catlover....

It give me great pleasure to award you the LotFC!!!

again, wear you scars with pride!

catlover,

sure, now that there are NO more peace demonstrations...;)

slick
08-26-2003, 02:57 PM
:D :D :D :D This thread is too funny! Thanks for the smiles. I really don't have much to report except that Speckles bit me during a brushing session......the scar on my arm is still visible.

RICHARD
08-26-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by slick
:D :D :D :D This thread is too funny! Thanks for the smiles. I really don't have much to report except that Speckles bit me during a brushing session......the scar on my arm is still visible.

an LotFC for you-earned in the service of caring for your cat!

Cinder & Smoke
08-26-2003, 05:45 PM
... kuz this happened a long tyme ago.
But we fink Dad quallerfiez fur da Meddul
based upon dis True Life Kat Tail...

It'z frumma Post bout Katz hidin inna warsher or dryer masheens...

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

Oh Boots Kat, where ARE you???
Our Boots, the Kat, nebber wuz the sharpest knife inna drawer... :rolleyes:
Summa the places he's misplaced himself inna Ranch house are...

**BEST DummmKat stunt = He (Boots) wuz sleepin inna clubhouse (Dad's fallin wadder klozet inna baffroom).
Dad turns the fallin wadder on an closes the door whilst he's takin off his cloth skinz. Openz the slider door an getz wun legfoot in when a verrie *WET* an verrie :mad: Kat exits by runnin up Dad's legbone, body, an headbone!
Dad hadda lotta lil red leaky spotz on his skin partz.
Kat pouted :( fer three dayz after that wun!
:D

kimlovescats
08-26-2003, 05:59 PM
Well, my biggest rescue boy .... the black and awesome, Chandler... does not admit to being a C.A.T. Instead, he much perfers to be thought of as a person, maybe even a dog, but not a C.A.T. On one particularly fateful day, I decided that the ever so regal Chandler needed to join the Felines and learn to "get along with his own kind". Chandler in turn decided that it was time instead to argue his case the best way he knew how. He spared no enthusiasm in delivering my hand a mighty dose of his rather large back claws!!!

See attached picture for painful proof! :rolleyes:

RICHARD
08-26-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
... kuz this happened a long tyme ago.
But we fink Dad quallerfiez fur da Meddul
based upon dis True Life Kat Tail...

It'z frumma Post bout Katz hidin inna warsher or dryer masheens...

your letter of 'quallerferkashun' is noted!!!

a medal will be awarded with DAD's name inscribed
on it!

Thanks guys!!

psst, legbones are made for rubbin', not running up on!!;)

RICHARD
08-26-2003, 06:17 PM
Kim!

i'm flexing my hand as i type this award.

i once had a cut on the palm of my hand..4 stitches...chocolate brownies attacked me.

i feel your pain!

Welcome to the Legion of the Felis Catus.....

tuxluvr
08-26-2003, 07:16 PM
Ritz was about 5 months old when this occurred. I have very straight hair. I decided one Saturday to curl my hair. I did so and came downstairs, and sat in the chair to have coffee. My spouse was complimenting the new look, and Ritz was sitting on the other side of the room, STARING....

Suddenly, she tore across the room, up the chair, up my back and sat on my back at the base of my neck with her back claws dug into my shoulders while she proceeded to scratch the living bejesus out of my hair (and scalp)...."attacking" the new do.

My spouse finally extricated her from my head and pulled the hair strands out of her claws and put her on the floor. I stood up, only to have Ritz climb the entire length of my body and back up to the head, scratching and swatting with a fury at what apparently looked to her like a monster attacking her meowmie's head!

I had neck and head scratches and finally after being removed and attempting a 3rd attack, I had to relent and go wash the curls out so she would calm down.

Apparently, I had adopted a cat and a built in fashion critic!

RICHARD
08-26-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr

I had neck and head scratches and finally after being removed and attempting a 3rd attack, I had to relent and go wash the curls out so she would calm down.

Apparently, I had adopted a cat and a built in fashion critic!

i'm sorry..........lolololololol......fashion critic??

could i interest you in a LotFC medal?

we don't have a Fashion/Beauty category-yet.
rest assured your's will be the first awarded for that honor.....

Fox-Gal
08-26-2003, 10:30 PM
It was about 6 years ago, I had a stray that found his way to my front door in the middle of a storm. Of course I feed him and he hung around our front deck, never to far away, but never would let us hold him, we could touch....but never hold. We named him Mooch, because he mooched food.

Anyway, one day I was leaving the house and Mooch was stitting on the deck railing, as always waiting to mooch food. When I turned my back to lock the front door all h#%l broke out. Mooch jumped on the middle of my back, claws out, climbing his way up to my head. I reached to pull him off me and as I did he bite my little finger. I mean bit it hard, broke the skin, blood pouring out of my finger. Then as I was tring to get him off, he swated at my face. He caught my chin and hung on to it. I hated doing it but at this point I had a bloody finger and a bloody chin, SO I had to just tose him on the deck floor.

I had to go to the hospital and get stitches in my little finger. He bit so far down that he bit a nerve in my finger and I had no feeling in the tip for a good while. My chin also got stitches, and that the scare that is more noticable. And there one small hole in my cheek from a claw.

As for Mooch, we had to call animal control, they wanted to watch him for signs of Rabbies. The woman that came out was scare to death of Mooch.....she made my husband get him. He made a sound I have never to this day heard a cat make.

I know I should'nt have done it, but I told animal control that he had his shots, I didn't want them to put him down to find out. They held him for two weeks to look for signs of rabbies. I went there every day to feed him, he didn't like the food they gave him. At the end of the two weeks my then husband said lets go get him. He thought it was cool to have a Attack cat. Mooch lived here till he passed last year and he always had a tude. We did have to make one home owners ins. claim because of him. He attacked a friend of mine, not as bad thank goodness. But we loved him all the same. I miss that guy.

We found out he hated the smell of "Snuggle" and thats why we belived he attacked me. No Snuggle in our home again.

FYI....We did get his shots the day we picked him up from animal control.

Nomilynn
08-27-2003, 01:51 AM
I have a scar from Tilly on my arm; she used my arm as a launch pad to get away from the dog :rolleyes: :p

The day I brough Bassett home I had to give her a bath because she was covered in dust. I said to Nathan, "You hold her while I wash." Unfortunatly, she didn't agree with this plan and chomped his finger badly. I don't know if he still has a scar but it bled for quite a while.

RICHARD
08-27-2003, 11:32 AM
Nomi and FG...

Nomi...

Tell Nathan that the worst thing to do when a cat bites you is to PULL your hand out of the teeth....it's the difference between a puncture wound and a gash-plus it impresses the gals when you GENTLY pull your digits out of the cat's mouth....

FG,
we are pretty close to starting another category,
'When-Snuggle-Hating-Cats-GO-Wild'....

and you saved him from certain doom too!

P.S. A real 'friend' would have NEVER have made you file a home owners claim!!!

FG, Nomi and Nathan....

I hereby award you the LotFC for your pain and kindness-When Cats GO Wild!!!!

Wear your scars with pride!!

:eek:

AmberLee
08-29-2003, 10:14 PM
I don't know if I qualify, but will apply anyway.

I had a tummy bug last weekend and laid down for a nap on the big bed. Woke a few hours later and walked across the room to slip into my sneakers again... wandered off into the kitchen and around the house for a few hours. Later returned to the bedroom and found much blood in the carpet! Was horrified and patted down both cats looking for a puncture site on either ... unsuccessfully. Eventually gave up and used an enzyme cleaner on the carpet. Anyway, I later kicked off my sneakers wondering how the cats managed that when I noticed that the tip of one sock (which I'd slept in) was sopping wet with blood! Eventually I found a tiny puncture in one toe and assume the toe had been 'in the wrong place, at the wrong time' as a cat crossed the big bed...

So I can't say it was painful as I slept through it, but perhaps this just means that the cats have me well broken in?

smokey the elder
08-30-2003, 09:05 AM
About a year and a half ago, Bosun, who was a foster at the time, was with her weanling kittens in their room. I went in to feed them, and Bosun launched herself at my calf and dug in and CHOMPED! I had a hole in my leg and a scar that took a year to disappear. She only ever did that once; I went in armed with a squirty after that.

jonza
08-30-2003, 02:19 PM
http://www.studio16a.dk/odds/FelisCatus.jpg

I think I will have to have the title “ignoramus” if I join this club.
I’ve owned feral cats before, but when I decided to get Fister up into our flat (he was over a year old), I threw all caution to the winds and forgot some basic facts about felines. He had enchanted me for months with his great big loving eyes, his (apparently) mild manners and his beautiful coat. So one day I said “He shall be ours” and began to prepare.

My first primitive attempt entailed a few shrimps and a little wickerwork cage and ended in ignoble defeat. How naive can one be! We carefully placed the cage beside the back yard door, Randi placed some shrimps in it, and we waited with bated breath. Sure enough, his curiosity eventually got the better of him, and soon he was halfway into the cage. That was when I made my first BIG mistake. As I tried to push him in the last little bit, he of course immediately turned and was halfway out in a flash. That was when I made my second BIG mistake!
Having had feral cats before, I thought I could subdue him by grabbing him by the nape of the neck and holding him down, so I grabbed him by the back leg.

To this day, I don’t know exactly what he did or how. The hospital wasn’t sure either. It took about a half a second, and there he was up on the roof. I looked over at Randi and said “I think he got me”, then I looked down at my hand. What a mess! He had practically torn half my thumb off and scratched long deep furrows up both my arms.
The next morning, still feeling a bit woozy from the injections and my unpleasant visit to hospital, Randi easily persuaded me that this was not the most intelligent way to tame a cat, and that we would have to use lots of patience and all our cunning. This is what we finally ended up doing.
I wasn’t the last grown man that Fister sent to the hospital emergency room, but since he has quietened down a lot since, I would imagine that it won’t occur again. I at least still have the scars to remind me of my thoughtlessness and lack of respect for feline independence!

Barbara
08-30-2003, 02:29 PM
Fister must be the worst of all the bad boys so he deserves to be on the design for the award:D :D

Edwina's Secretary
08-30-2003, 02:37 PM
I guess my little bi*** isn't so bad after all!!! She saves her viciousness for Eddie!

p.s. love the award!

Vio&Juni
08-30-2003, 02:53 PM
My sister gets all the wounds. Is it because she loves me so much that she takes them instead of me, or is she taking too much space when sleeping? :)

RICHARD
08-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Amber.

the committee has agreed that you probably don't sleep with a knife under the pillow so, you get an award!;)

Smokey,

owwwwwww!
the hardest part is convincing the cat to let go!!

do not let the cat pin this award on your lapel!:eek:

Jonza,
never throw caution on a windy day.....
i think Fister's face is appropriate for the award. Hopefully we can use his countenance on the medal, we will have to get our lawyers on the case.

the worst wounds are the ones you do not feel.
a medal for you!

Barbara,
thank you for the suggestion:)

ES,
temper, temper!

bi***?............oh, okay.

one for you, we wanted a story so......you owe the thread some blood or scars.:eek:

V&J

a family that scars together,stays together!

(an old saying modified for YOUR award.....)

one for you!

if you will all stand....

Ladies and Gentleman,

it gives me great pleasure to award you the LotFC.

wear your scars proudly!

Edwina's Secretary
08-31-2003, 11:28 AM
Eddie, who often feels like a whimp (what with all the abuse from Edwina) wants to be perceived as a tough guy like Fister! Fister is his hero.

So, Eddie has been practicing his tough guy look. What do you think????

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p66b8ffb9e441beaf7c171739f6563ad5/fb3c7ec5.jpg

Barbara
08-31-2003, 03:11 PM
Cool ghetto cat:D :D :D

Where are your scars?

Randi
08-31-2003, 03:38 PM
Eddie, you tough guy, you're fit for downtown Chigaco!! :cool: .... but, don't hang out with the mob!! :eek:

Fister is very impressed with your efforts towards miss Edwina!! You're nearly there!! :D

RedHedd
08-31-2003, 04:42 PM
Aww Eddie! What a tough lookin' dude! :D Beautiful green eyes too! Mitzi is smitten! :cool:

krazyaboutkatz
08-31-2003, 04:48 PM
My Cirrus is still semi-feral because he wasn't held much as a kitten. Shortly after I adopted him, I was petting him but then Sunny came too close to him and scared him. Well Cirrus lashed out at Sunny but my hands got in the way so he got my hand instead. It took about 2 weeks for my cuts to heal. Luckily I don't have any scars.

One night my RB Pepper was trying to be very lovey but it was very late at night. I pushed him away from me and he came back for more love. Later he decided that he had enough love so then he jumped off my leg but his back claws made a gash in my leg.:eek: I had to get up out of bed to clean my wound. After this happened, I started having his back nails trimmed. Luckily no scars from this either.

One other time I was taking care of my parents cat. She's the type of cat that can be very friendly one minute but lash out at you the next. She was being friendly so I began to pet her. All of a sudden she bit my hand very hard. She had broken the skin and it was bleeding.:eek: I had kitty teeth marks in my hand for a while but no lasting scar. I then learned that I couldn't trust her anymore. BTW her mother was Siamese but she looked like a long haired Tuxedo cat so I'm sure that's where her cattitude came from.

I don't know if I qualify for any awards but all 3 experiences were very painful.

RICHARD
09-02-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz

I don't know if I qualify for any awards but all 3 experiences were very painful.

Of course you qualify!

I award thee the LotFC....

psst, you only have to be bled ONCE to get the award... ;)