PDA

View Full Version : What kind of food does your dog eat?

Dogz
08-26-2003, 12:21 PM
What kind of food does your dog eat? My dogs really like Iams, expecially in the small chunks.;)

GoldenRetrLuver
08-26-2003, 12:23 PM
Daisy and Molly get Nutro Large Breed Adult Formula. (in the blue bag) They seem to like it! :D

Dobiegirl24
08-26-2003, 12:25 PM
Both of mine get Canidae with Missing Link Supplement, and sometimes some veggies and/or plain low-fat yogurt. Hopefully i'll be swithcing them to BARF though:D

primabella
08-26-2003, 12:36 PM
Mickey now gets Iams but we will be switching him soon to Nutro. As soon as his big jumbo bag of dog food (count on my parents to get all the jumbo packs of everything) finishes. Iams is terrible, I don't know how Mickey eats it.

RubyMutt
08-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Pro Plan Chicken & Rice Adult dry dog food. Ruby loves it :)

Kfamr
08-26-2003, 02:08 PM
Pedigree Small Crunchy Bites with healthy nuggets.

The Cat Factory
08-26-2003, 02:28 PM
Techni-Cal for seniors. I think it's a canadian brand :)

ParNone
08-26-2003, 02:56 PM
Maddie was on a special food from the vet, Z9, for her
allergies, but she wasn't 100% itch free.

I've changed food on Oz and Murph a few times, trying to find
one they like... Eukanuba, Nutro, Pro Plan... but they always
wanted what Maddie was eating and she wanted what they
were eating.

Recently I was reading about micki feeding her dog Wellness
for allergies and then I happened upon a place to order it
across the web (I had never seen it at any of the local pet
stores), so I ordered Wellness' Fish and Sweet Potato.

Oh my gosh! All 3 are wolfing that stuff down. I'm going to
have to start measuring it out, before they're all candidates
for beer commercials.

One drawback is they all have cat breath now;), but the
fish one was specificially for allergies. If it helps Maddie's
allergies, I'll live with the fish smell.

Par...

Christiansmommy
08-26-2003, 03:07 PM
Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul with some raw chicken occasionally, as well as, veggies occasionally.

wolfsoul
08-26-2003, 03:11 PM
Timber gets Techni Cal for bones and joints and Leather gets Pets First.

When I'm older, my dogs will be fed homecooked, and I'll always keep Wellness, Nutro and Pets First on hand to feed them as a side dish if the meal isn't nutrionally adequate or if I'm just too lazy. :p

ChrisH
08-26-2003, 04:31 PM
I am in the process of changing Bob`s food to Burns Chicken and Rice. I have been looking for a while for a really good wholesome dog food and I think I may have found it! :)

BTW, it is available in the USA.:D:D

binka_nugget
08-26-2003, 04:35 PM
I just switched Kai from RAW to Innova. He doesn't seem to enjoy kibble...especially eukanuba and Innova. He seemed okay with eating kibblesNbits and wellness. I think I'll go back to wellness if we don't go back to raw.

apcrs5122
08-26-2003, 04:52 PM
Alex gets Nutro (Natural Choice) Large Breed Senior It's the one in the red bag;)

*LabLoverKEB*
08-26-2003, 07:22 PM
I feed Sadie Eukanuba right now, but I will soon be switching to Innova. It's known to be the best dog food on earth! I saw a sign that said that in a pet store.:)

binka_nugget
08-26-2003, 07:46 PM
Thought I'd add something. As we speak, kai is sleeping in his crate WITH a bowl of food in front of his face. He just refuses to eat so I refuse to let him out lol.

wolf_Q
08-26-2003, 10:56 PM
Nebo gets Royal Canin Holistic Blend adult. Reggie and Smokey get whatever my parents buy..right now it's ProPlan senior but that's only because I happened on some coupons for free bags of it.

At the Pet Expo Nebo tried some Innova as well as the Chicken Soup brand....he loved them both. They carry them in Utah, but I'm not going to drive 45 min to buy dog food, especially when I work at a pet store lol. Nebo loves Royal Canin anyway. He used to be on Nutro, which is a great food, but he didn't like the taste of the adult food.

shais_mom
08-26-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
He seemed okay with eating kibblesNbits and wellness. .
STAY AWAY FROM KIBBLES AND BITS!!!
It is one of the worst you can buy.
A friend of mine has a senior golden and was feeding her this and her hair started falling out, started itching horribly it was to the point where she thought about putting her to sleep b/c of the misery she was in. Keep in mind this lady LOVES her dog as much as any of US on this board.
She finally switched to another food and it cleared up.
And Miss Molly has been doing fine ever since.

I feed Keegan Chicken Soup for the Soul Dog food. Keegan loves it. I also give her Bil Jac frozen stuffed in her kongs and sprinkled over her food. I did feed her Royal Canin Sensible Choice Reduced Fat Lamb and Rice but I had to add so much to it, It wasn't reduced fat anymore. :rolleyes:
So I thought If I switched her to a food that she enjoyed eating, without additions, it would help with her weight problem.

Glacier
08-27-2003, 12:00 AM
Raw--fish, veggies, chicken, beaver, moose meat, whatever other kind of meat my friends and neighbors feel like donating to the cause. Fortunately, where I live, it's actually cheaper to feed raw than kibble. I could never afford to feed 15 dogs a decent kibble. The shelter I foster for gives us a couple bags of food a month. I throw it in with their slop mixes occasionally. Course, my dogs don't think it's food. Kibble is a treat!

binka_nugget
08-27-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
STAY AWAY FROM KIBBLES AND BITS!!!
It is one of the worst you can buy.

Don't worry. We've been staying away for at least 6 months now. I occasionally added it to his eukanuba (YUCKY) because he just wouldn't eat Eukanuba on it's own. He has no problem eating wellness or nutro alone though.

anna_66
08-27-2003, 07:40 AM
Angus get Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover Soul-Senior & the girls get Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover Soul-regular.

Logan
08-27-2003, 08:08 AM
Dog food can be overwhelming at times!

Zipper, our foster boy, is eating Iams Lamb and Rice. The other three are still eating California Natural Reduced Calorie Lamb and Rice (made by Natura Pets, who also make Innova). I am going to start gradually changing Zipper's food to something else today, because he is very "gassy" :o. But he doesn't need the reduced calorie.

micki76
08-27-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ParNone
Maddie was on a special food from the vet, Z9, for her
allergies, but she wasn't 100% itch free.

I've changed food on Oz and Murph a few times, trying to find
one they like... Eukanuba, Nutro, Pro Plan... but they always
wanted what Maddie was eating and she wanted what they
were eating.

Recently I was reading about micki feeding her dog Wellness
for allergies and then I happened upon a place to order it
across the web (I had never seen it at any of the local pet
stores), so I ordered Wellness' Fish and Sweet Potato.

Oh my gosh! All 3 are wolfing that stuff down. I'm going to
have to start measuring it out, before they're all candidates
for beer commercials.

One drawback is they all have cat breath now;), but the
fish one was specificially for allergies. If it helps Maddie's
allergies, I'll live with the fish smell.

Par...

Isn't the breath yuck!?!? Ack! But they do love it. Except for Chester. The one who really needs it. :mad: He's now on Nature's Recipe Venison and Rice. And he's doing really good. Very little allergies and NO pancreatitis!! YAY!!! Millie and Aneko LOVE Wellness. I still feed it to them because they love it so, and it's human grade. I wish Chester would've eaten it, but no, of course not! :rolleyes: Oh how I wish I could feed him anything.

For all of you out there WITHOUT allergies, you are lucky! :D

Cincy'sMom
08-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Ours eat Sensible Choice Lamb and Rice, made by Royal Canin. Sadie and Spot get Active adult and Cincy gets reduced calorie. they also get Green beans and Biotin with their food, and a 3V (fish Oil) vitamin afterwords...no problems getting any of them to eat :)