PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunately.....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-26-2003, 11:57 AM
I'm going to have to take a sabbatical from PT for a little while. :(

It's the end of our fiscal year here at work, which means a lot of extra work for me since I do everything around here from doing the bookwork to making new folders for the new year.

I'm also starting school one of these days. I got my books last night, so I can start anytime now, but have to be checked in by 9/2/03 by the latest. I don't know how much of my time school is going to take, and the time I spend on PT is what I was going to allot to school so until I get into some sort of routine, I won't be able to be here as much. Also, the last time I graduated, I graduated Summa Cum Laude (highest honors) and I'd like to see if I could do that again, so I want to put my all into school and get the most out of it that I can.

So I just wanted to say that everyone's pets are adorable, kittens and puppies are the cutest ever, Happy Birthday and Congratulations on hitting x pillarhood, sorry to hear about whoever get sicks and thoughts and prayers sent out to all those who need them. I will be checking in as much as possible, but won't be posting since that is what seems to take the most time.

If anybody needs to contact me, and email would probably be the best, easiest, quickest way to get in touch. Otherwise I'll be seeing you all as time permits for the next few months.

Oh, and this takes effect tomorrow. Can't just cut myself off cold turkey like that. ;) :rolleyes: :D

slick
08-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Well, school is important and I wish you alot of luck.

BUT WHATEVER WILL WE DO WITHOUT THOSE PEANUT TUMMY AND TUBBY FACIE PICS????

We are the ones who will go into withdrawal :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just check in whenever you can so we know you are doing OK.

catland
08-26-2003, 12:09 PM
we'll miss you. Good luck with your studies.

Vermontcat
08-26-2003, 12:14 PM
Oh No! Samantha is very sad right now.:(
She doesn't like the idea of less Tubby time for her.
Don't be surprised if you get e-mails and phone calls for Tubby from her.;)

I hope you will be able to check in once in a while maybe on weekends.
I also hope that Tubby and Peanut are both feeling better. We will miss you!

moosmom
08-26-2003, 12:17 PM
Sorry you have to take a break. I'll miss you. But glad it's only temporary. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do is my motto.

Good luck with your studies!! Could you PM me with your e-mail address so I can check in once in a while to see how you're doing??

((((hugs)))))

RICHARD
08-26-2003, 12:25 PM
good luck!

tubby and peanut,

make sure mom does her homework and fiscal stuff!
remind her that the sooner she finishes that stuff she can peek in to PT!

;)

ramanth
08-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Best of luck with work and school!! We'll miss you and look forward to your return. :)

Logan
08-26-2003, 12:55 PM
Good for you!!!! :) I hope you can check in, periodically, and let us know what is going on with Tubby and Peanut, and of course, you!!!!

Good luck to you!!! I'm a bit envious. I see myself in the classroom again, one day, but not until we can get our three educated!!!!

Logan

Randi
08-26-2003, 01:07 PM
Debbie, I'm sure you'll get a lot to see to with your studies on top of the rest. We're sending hugs and wish the best of luck!! :)

There's no doubt we'll miss you, but as Moosmom says, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

We hope you'll get time to check in occasionally and let us know how things are going!

Fister sends lots of purrs and headbumpies also!

Barbara
08-26-2003, 03:10 PM
Filou and Tigris send headbumpies and say they cannot understand how a person with two wonderful cats can think that much about work!

But I can understand you and wish you good luck and the highest grades! Come back soon:)

Edwina's Secretary
08-26-2003, 03:22 PM
Debbie....Did you pick an on-line prgram? What school and major (see, I am thinking of ways to keep you on here!)

Best of everything to you. Please stay in touch and at least plan on the pet show this fall!

Sara

Cinder & Smoke
08-26-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Oh, and this takes effect tomorrow.
Can't just cut myself off cold turkey like that. ;) :rolleyes: :D

Let's put Mr. TERRY to work here! ;)

No reason he can't help out with the Pet Talk Duties!!
While you're Slaving Away at the books -
he can earn his keep as a Pet Talk Korrispondent! :p

WAGES?
He likes to eat, duzint he?? :p

He can't type?
No excuse -
neither kan Dad! :rolleyes:

ChrisH
08-26-2003, 03:51 PM
Awww, Debbie, going to miss you girl! :( Understand though. Sending big hugs and wishing you the very best of luck with school, work, and everything!!!:)

Already looking forward to your return. :D
Chris

jenluckenbach
08-26-2003, 03:55 PM
We will definitely miss you. And, by the way, I think cinder and Smoke have the right idea........put poppa to work!!!!!
Best of luck in everything you do and post whenever you can so we know that you're OK.

Miss Meow
08-26-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

... Otherwise I'll be seeing you all as time permits for the next few months.

Nooooooooooo!!! I thought you'd just be gone for a week or two :eek:

Remember to forge strong study habits so can justify the time to come back and say hello ;) :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-26-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Debbie....Did you pick an on-line prgram? What school and major (see, I am thinking of ways to keep you on here!)

Best of everything to you. Please stay in touch and at least plan on the pet show this fall!

Sara

Yes, I'm doing the IT program at DeVry Online (http://www.devry.edu/online/programs.html)

I didn't think it would be that bad, but I got my books last night and all I can say is :eek: :eek: :eek: ! I'm taking "Programming Concepts" and "Computer Architecture and Operating Systems" and the books are like 3" thick - each! I haven't taken them out of the shrink wrap yet, so I don't know how fine the print is, or who concentrated the print is, but if I have to read these books, I'm afraid it's going to be like this http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/PC%20Punch.gif ;)

Should only take me 3 semesters to complete and I will end up with a Bachelor's degree so I figured I'd go for it.

I'm planning on the Pet Show, but we're going to be gone the first two weekends in October so I'm hoping it's not on those dates.....

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I'll still be around because this is a self-imposed exile. I'd much rather be here, but in order to get anything done I have to force myself to stay away. :(

Oh, and trying to get Terry to post here........bwaahaaahhaaahhaaa. Good one. :D :D ;) ;) Would be nice but I think I have as much chance of that as I do of getting another cat. :rolleyes: