PDA

View Full Version : We might get a sheltie!

luckies4me
08-26-2003, 11:50 AM
There was a free sheltie in the paper this morning, 9 yrs old, so I called the owner. Unfortunately he had just made plans with another family to meet at noon today, but if that doesn't work out he is going to give us a call. The other couple already have another sheltie so they are going to see if the two get along, and if not we are going to schedule a meeting.

Here is some info. The doggie, male, has lived with this man for a couple years, and this is his second owner. He belonged to a sheltie breeder, so is purebred, but his other owner passed away. Now this owner is going into the Peace Corps and needs to find him a new home. He said the dog is very good with children, cats and older bigger dogs. He's potty trained and has had obedience training, however his weakness if for cars. He loves to chase cars, so he needs to be on leash 24/7. Which is fine because I think dogs should be on leash at all times unless in a dog park or dog beach or playing in the backyard ect.

So here's hoping that we get a call back, as I am loney with no pup here to keep me company. :( Oh and the owner said that he is a big sheltie, looks more like a collie, but with shorter legs. :p

primabella
08-26-2003, 11:56 AM
Oh good luck!! Keep us updated. :D :D :D

Dogz
08-26-2003, 12:04 PM
Hopefully we have another sheltie to the board! Yes keep us updated, and Good Luck!

Toby's Mommy
08-26-2003, 02:39 PM
Good luck!! We are hoping for the best!!

Aspen and Misty
08-26-2003, 02:47 PM
Keep us updated! I just love Shelties :D

Ash

GSDgurl
08-26-2003, 02:50 PM
Good Luck~!! Kepp us updated.....n' hope everything goes well~!!

:D :D :D

binka_nugget
08-26-2003, 04:41 PM
EEEEEEEE! GOOD LUCK! Lol, I sometimes wonder if kai is a small collie rather than a sheltie..he's HUGE for a sheltie!