PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love...

micki76
08-26-2003, 11:40 AM
...with dachshunds! I found a little guy on my way to work this morning. Thank goodness he had his tags on. I called his vet and got his owner's number and called. They were very shocked that he had gotten out.
No one else was stopping to help him :mad: (very busy intersection and he was not street smart) so I found a place to turn around and went to get him. He was adorable! Very small (maybe 8 lbs), so I think he must have been a mini cause he wasn't a puppy. He came running to me when I got out of the car like I was his hero. He showered me with kisses and got my shirt all muddy. :D I drove to the school parking lot and parked and waited to meet his Dad. The entire time I was waiting he was kissing me and wagging that little tail. This was literally the most affectionate and sweet dog I've ever met. He makes mine look vicious :D ! What a sweetie! :D

primabella
08-26-2003, 11:42 AM
Awww he sounds adorable! :D :D :D Does this mean your looking into another dog? ;)

I'm so happy you were there to save him and return him to his owners. :)

robinh
08-26-2003, 11:46 AM
We have two dachshunds and they are as different as day and night. Max is very standoffish and aloof. Strangers can't get near him. Muffin on the other hand, is Miss Personality. Never met a stranger. Loves and kisses all around.

But I will tell you they are worth their weight in gold for fun. A laugh a minute all the time. Can't imagine being without one now.

You'd love one if you got it.........:D

aly
08-26-2003, 12:12 PM
I love Dachshunds too. They're sooo cute. Last year, we had a litter of 4 eight week odl Doxie pups at the shelter that were the cuties things in the world. I'm going to have to make you come down to my shelter whenever we get Dachshunds in, hehe :)

micki76
08-26-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by aly
I love Dachshunds too. They're sooo cute. Last year, we had a litter of 4 eight week odl Doxie pups at the shelter that were the cuties things in the world. I'm going to have to make you come down to my shelter whenever we get Dachshunds in, hehe :)

Cool Aly, call me anytime you have anything I can't live without! ;) (My phone should start ringing immediately!)

Liana- I’m always looking to get another dog! If I see this little bugger out again, then he's mine!! Lol. Seriously, I hope I don't see him out again, but I've seen signs before in that area for a lost dachshund so I don’t think it was the 1st time.

I see why you have this breed, Robin! He was wonderful, a joy. The man didn't seem thrilled that I had found him or worried that he was in the middle of the street. He thanked me, but not like a Pet Talker would've thanked me!

Oh, BTW. The pups name is Walter. Isn't that adorable?

robinh
08-26-2003, 03:14 PM
Sounds to me like Walter needs a good home (with you!). I'd seriously consider not taking him home if I saw him again. ;)

I can tell you if one of mine got out, I'd be frantic. In fact when Molly went out into our fenced yard (at 3:00 a.m.) as a pup to go potty and I couldn't find her; Dick and I were out frantically searching our whole acreage looking for her. After 30 minutes of searching we turned and saw her sitting on the concrete pool slab INSIDE the fence watching us with a very innocent look on her face. I kissed that puppy face a million times - never so glad to see anything in my whole life!

micki76
08-26-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by robinh
Sounds to me like Walter needs a good home (with you!). I'd seriously consider not taking him home if I saw him again. ;)

I can tell you if one of mine got out, I'd be frantic. In fact when Molly went out into our fenced yard (at 3:00 a.m.) as a pup to go potty and I couldn't find her; Dick and I were out frantically searching our whole acreage looking for her. After 30 minutes of searching we turned and saw her sitting on the concrete pool slab INSIDE the fence watching us with a very innocent look on her face. I kissed that puppy face a million times - never so glad to see anything in my whole life!

Don't worry, I wasn't kidding. If I see him out again he's coming home with me!

Oh, Molly. Bad girl! I can just see you. Chester's done that to me before, only he went in the pet door and was in my BED!

KYS
08-26-2003, 07:11 PM
He sounds like such a precious love bug.
Thankgoodness you were their to rescue him.
You were his angel.
I have a soft spot for Dachshunds. They
are so cute!!!
Lucky dog and lucky owner.