PDA

View Full Version : How's Binx??

Logan
08-26-2003, 07:31 AM
Johanna, I'm hungry for an update on the "little" :o fellow!!

Logan

lbaker
08-26-2003, 07:35 AM
Logan, I was just thinking the same thing. I was going through some old threads I had saved and Binx Threads were all over the place! Johanna, fill us in please.... how's our Binxy Boy?

mugsy
08-26-2003, 07:54 AM
I was thinking of him too on Sunday. I was telling Liz about him and we were wondering how he was doing. How's his leg?

cloverfdx
08-26-2003, 07:56 AM
OMG lol i was just about to post and ask how Binx was doing as well:D

hope all is good

Logan
08-26-2003, 12:57 PM
Bumping for Johanna........ :o

Cookiebaker
08-26-2003, 05:14 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. How's Binxy boy??? :D

shais_mom
08-26-2003, 11:09 PM
BUMP

captain
08-27-2003, 12:30 AM
OK - gonna reply on Cataholics behalf. I PM'd her yesterday and got this response :

We go to see the oral vet Wednesday for a 'final' decision on whether to try cutting the gum out in a new way. It is all based on one tooth that was exposed this new way. I am not sure the vet will think it was sucessful enough to put Binxie through a whole mouth of it..and I would have to sadly agree. It isn't cancerous, I am thankful to God for that. He doesn't seem bothered by it. Eating is probably 20% harder than for most pups, but, he still eats alot. And, who knows what the future holds...I say, "we all have disability, his is just visible". He is three-wheeled right now...I can pinpoint at least 3 'owies'. It finally caught up to him, and he is limping pretty hard on his front right leg. He got this shot on Sat that made him comatose, which is a good thing. I took him out 1 time only. At 10 pm, the meds wore off completely- and crazy boy came alive. I am just keeping him quiet as much as I can...but, he needs some exercise. I still want to take him to the dog park this Sunday, but, he won't be playing with the other poochies....which he doesn't really do, anyhow... I sure would like to have about 3 months, just 3 months, of no Binxie issues....who ever knew I would become so familar with so many vets! I don't regret it, but, I am ready for some easy living soon, as is Binx! Thanks for asking.

anna_66
08-27-2003, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the update on Binx. I'm glad to hear that he will be coming to the park on Sunday:)

cloverfdx
08-27-2003, 08:05 AM
thankyou for the update

i will be keeping Binx's in my prayers and i hope he is feeling better soon, the poor boy has been through so much in his short life so he most difinatly deserves some good luck

Logan
08-27-2003, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the update. I want that boy and Johanna to have those 3 months of reprieve too! :)

pitc9
08-27-2003, 08:56 PM
I sure hope for the best for Binx!!

Prayers comming his way!

KYS
08-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Cataholics,
I too hope you have 3 months plus of repreive too.
Just loving him and telling us stories with no
other worries.
Sending lost of hugs to both you and our
big boy Binx. IF you go to the dog park
we want pictures please.

Hugs Karen

Cataholic
08-28-2003, 10:12 AM
I am so sorry!!! I didn't see this thred :(

Captain, thanks for posting the reply...and here is a little update. We went to the vets on Wednesday, and Dr. Auvil agrees that the tooth is still 'somewhat' exposed, and that maybe the new way to treat it MIGHT be sucessful. I am not holding my breath folks....what will be, will be. So, we are going to schedule sir jury in a week or so, with Dr. Auvil- the dental vet, and Dr. Lamardi, the human periodontist. The area will be concentrated, 1-2 inches, only, and the procedure will involve getting to the top of the jaw bone. If this isn't successful, then, Binx is done with sir jury. It just isn't fair or right to do it to him.

His leg- well, he is still limping, slightly. He will stay on the rimadly for ten more days..with low exercise. While I will take him with me on Sunday, I won't be letting him play freely, I don't think.

He now weighs 100 pounds, and is 9.5 months old. He loves to go for walks, climb on the couch with me, and let me ride him like the pony he is (not with my weight on him....). Shoes, shoes, and more shoes are his fave toys. He does have about 20 soft stuffies, the coolest one is this thing that looks like a giant Jack, all colorful, with squeakers in each corner. He is still wonderful with the cats...and can walk by them without them getting up (mostly, sometimes, I think they get nervous). He is a huge space taker....the bathroom is nearly impossible to manuever around in with a 100 pound living 'rug'.

Thanks so much for asking, and going on the journey with us. I can only hope for the best, and the rest is up to someone else...
Johanna

tikeyas_mom
08-28-2003, 02:47 PM
I am so glad he is doing ok for the time being, poor binx I hope he makes it through this tuff time ok ..