PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bad Breeder...

ticosmyham
08-26-2003, 02:04 AM
I was talking to my brother about how he got his Boxer, Apollo(see his pic in *Summa My Rellytives*) and thought I should share the story. He told me that he checked the pound first for a boxer, but didn't find one, so he looked in the paper for a boxer breeder. ( I should have told him about Pet Finder) Well, he found a breeder and went to the lady's house to see the pups. And while he was looking at the puppys, he heard a little cry from another room. He then asked the breeder if she had kept a pup for herself. She said, "Oh, no, no that puppy is going to the vet later today to be put down." When my brother asked why she said that it was because he was born with a scar on his head, and wouldn't be show dog material. ( :eek: ) So he asked if he could see the puppy. The lady looked at him like he was insane but agreed. She brought the puppy in the room and he said he was in love immediatley. So he bought the dog ( after the woman reassured him that it would be best if he would be put down) but still had to pay $400 dollars for him! He has been a great dog ever since and I am so glad that he went to her house that day. I now can't imagine life with out my weekly visits from Apollo.

tikeyas_mom
08-26-2003, 02:57 AM
omfg, I cant believe it !! I cant. That is horrid.

My cousin used to be a vet tech in 1995, and one day a man brought in a litter of pure bred bernese mountain dogs, she assumed were going to get their shots and be neuter or spayed, boy was she wrong, the man ordered the vet to put all 7 of the puppies to sleep because they were unwanted, the vet then made my cousin do it, my cousin cryed and pleaded with the man to spare the puppies lives, and even offered to take all 7 of them, he refused. and stayed to make sure every pup was put down. :(:(:(:( .. this happend befor the law that "no dog inless sick or very agressive and a threat to human *or other animals* life should be put down".

She quit later that week because she was sooo fing sick. Who wouldent be :mad:

ticosmyham
08-26-2003, 03:06 AM
All 7?! Oh my god..... what a nasty man. (nasty is not exactly what I was going to say, but I'll hold back)

ramanth
08-26-2003, 08:25 AM
Thank you brother for saving Apollo. *hugs*

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-26-2003, 01:19 PM
*\o/* YAY FOR CHADDY! *\o/*

BTW, putting a pup down because of a birth defect is the stupidest thing I have EVER heard.

:D I have met Apollo and I think he is the BEST dog! *Even WITHOUT a scar he would be fun!* He's a great dog. You have to scan that one I gave you, Anne and show everyone! Ahh.. to bad everyone can't see him pounce and howl at the cell phone!

*\o/* YAY FOR CHAD AND PAULY! *\o/*

moosmom
08-26-2003, 01:32 PM
That is EXACTLY why I hate breeders. They are only in it for the money. Just because a dog or cat isn't SHOW quality (excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse ME!!!! :mad: :mad: ) does not mean it wouldn't make a great family pet.

:mad: :mad :mad: UGH!!!!! Breeders SUCK!!!

Thank your brother for me for saving that poor baby's life. The breeder's mother should've had HER put down for being so STUPID!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

ticosmyham
08-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
That is EXACTLY why I hate breeders. They are only in it for the money. Just because a dog or cat isn't SHOW quality (excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse ME!!!! :mad: :mad: ) does not mean it wouldn't make a great family pet.

:mad: :mad :mad: UGH!!!!! Breeders SUCK!!!

Thank your brother for me for saving that poor baby's life. The breeder's mother should've had HER put down for being so STUPID!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

EXACTLY!!

Tonya
08-26-2003, 01:44 PM
What an idiot! That is so sad! Good thing he saved Apolllo!