PDA

View Full Version : Poor animals

wolfsoul
08-25-2003, 09:40 PM
My mom's boyfriend took a tour of some of the burned areas of Kelowna today. He went to the Oakaview area and was shocked to see litterally dozens of dead animals scattered throughout the streets. :( Some people couldn't get home in time. Some people couldn't find them. But some people just left them there because they didn't have enough room in their cars! :mad:

Two dogs were left in their house and they got so hungry they ate the family cat! :( :( :(

I don't really understand how someone couldn't find their dog. I can see someone not finding their cat, some cats don't come when they are called and lots are free to run the neighborhood. But most dogs are kept in a backyard or inside. Not surprisingly, most of the poor deceased were dogs. :( Cats just have better survival skills.

Sorry for telling this, I just had to tell someone. :( :( :( So sad. I just don't get people.

Dogz
08-25-2003, 09:47 PM
That's so sad.:( I know that I would never leave my dog in a burning house, or a house that I knew was going to burn down. I would "make room" in my car for them.

Tonya
08-25-2003, 10:01 PM
That is so sad. That is my biggest fear. My mom lost her home to a fire a few years ago. The firemen were great and were able to save the dogs. All the fish, hermit crabs, two iguanas and three snakes died. One kingsnake lived, but has scars from the burns. He will not grow at all and the vet says it is from the trauma. Seeing my mom through that really freaked me out. You never think that it would happen to you, but it can. I worry so much that my animals would get scared and hide. I have a sticker on my window for the firemen saying that I have animals.

I know this is sort of unrelated, but since we are on the subject....have a suitcase or something packed at all times with your important paperwork and perhaps a change of clothes. After the media and firemen left, I can't even begin to explain the feeling we all had...Sitting outside of the what used to be house with no clothes for my mom (my mom was in the shower and just had time to grab a nightgown before the roof collapsed; we didn't notice until the end of the day that she was in pj's. :eek: ) no paperwork...so we had no idea who to call.

tikeyas_mom
08-28-2003, 11:03 AM
omg :eek: I didnt know jordan, that is soo harsh, I am is such suprize, how could ppl?? :mad: I would do anything to get my pets out, ANYTHING, even risk being killed.

:(:( poor pets :(:(

kingrattus
08-28-2003, 01:02 PM
All the poor animals :( Its sad what humans can do.
I'd do anything to save max, or even another animal/or human in need of safety from harm, & I have proven that in the past. A neighbours dog & I were on a walk & we were charged by to king GSD that were snarling & wanted to kill Sandy (the dog). I grabed Sandy with one arm, tossed her ontop of my shoulder (she weighs about 60 pounds), & I snarled at the dogs & went psycho on them (yelling ect.) & then I ran faster then I had ever ran before. I was terrified of those 2 huge dogs, they were really mean. But I did my darnest to save Sandy. I also alearted an old couple from there burning home. I'm not the type of person to run from someone/things safest.

This explains why I wanna be a cop, I need to help people.

CathyBogart
08-30-2003, 11:55 PM
Everyone should have an emergecy plan for their critters. I have carriers for all of my small animals in case of emergency. I couldn't bear to leave any of them if I had any other choice...but I worry about how my kitty would react...

Aspen and Misty
08-31-2003, 12:07 AM
Same as king.

We have a rat carrier that sits on there cage and one bunny carrier that sits beside the bunny cages.(one bun bun would have to be carried out because of fitting) Misty can be carried, Peaches has a small carrieing cage on the shelves beside her cage and Nova would be with me or someone.

We also have a sticker on our door.

Ash