PDA

View Full Version : Should I leave my pomeranian unattended with my big dogs?

Tonya
08-25-2003, 09:24 PM
My big dogs play super well with Teddy. They know he is a small dog and are very gentle with him. I totally trust my big dogs, but I've never owned a small dog before. In fact, Teddy is actually the boss. :rolleyes: He gets their bones and anything he wants from them. I feed Roxy and Dusty out of a red wagon...Roxy will actually take mouthfuls out of the wagon and drop it on the ground for Teddy to eat. I have had Teddy since Jan. and have had no accidents between him and the big dogs. It might be nice to let Teddy hang out in the dog run with them while I'm at work instead of alone in the house. Do you/would you let your small dog play unattended with your large dogs?

Kater
08-25-2003, 09:27 PM
While it sounds like they get along wonderfully my worry would be that Teddy could be hurt unintentionally. Personally, I think I would keep them separated when I wasn't supervising.

Kfamr
08-26-2003, 12:40 AM
I don't think you should leave ANY dogs unattended with eachother. No matter how great they get along.

I seperate Simba and Nala whenever someone is not going to be there to seperate them if something happens.

binka_nugget
08-26-2003, 02:40 AM
I'd seperate any two dogs regardless of how good they get along when I'm home. You just..never know.

anna_66
08-26-2003, 06:46 AM
I'm not sure. I have NEVER kept my three seperated. I guess it's just a call you have to make for yourself.

tikeyas_mom
08-30-2003, 02:10 AM
I think it would be fine to leave them together unattended, I leave Oscar with Tikeya all the time and they are just fine. and by the way Tikeya is a siberian husky and oscar is a shih tzu.