PDA

View Full Version : Strange e-mail

apcrs5122
08-25-2003, 05:13 PM
I was just checking my e-mail, and in my 'bulk' folder there is an e-mail from someone that I don't know. The sender is 'info' and the title of the message is 'Sos!' What do you guys think I should do? Should I delete it? Or should I open it? I'm kind of hesitant because of all the viruses going around. I would appreciate any suggestions greatly.

ChloeLove
08-25-2003, 05:19 PM
Definately delete it if you don't know where it's coming from...better safe then sorry! :)

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-25-2003, 05:21 PM
I dunno, the curiousity would kill me. lol :) :D

primabella
08-25-2003, 05:26 PM
Delete it. Apparently there are e-mail viruses going around with these subject titles. I was going to make a thread about it now...delete it.

babolaypo65
08-25-2003, 06:18 PM
Delete it. Or, forward it to a good, trusted friend who has a Mac. (The virus wont affect a mac, and if its a friend they wont read your email).

my vote, though, is delete it.

popcornbird
08-25-2003, 07:39 PM
If you don't know where its coming from, DO NOT open it! Its my rule of thumb, that ANY email coming to my account, whether in my inbox or bulk mail, and not from reliable or known sources is to be deleted without opening immediately. I only open emails from my friends and relatives, and even those, if they have strange subjects, I don't open them, because unfortunately these days emails can look like its coming from your friend but its actually a virus that infected their computer/email account, and then is automatically sent to everyone in their address book, so to be on the safe side, know what you're opening when you open it. I say delete it.

apcrs5122
08-25-2003, 07:53 PM
I deleted it. I'm talking to my aunt and she works with computers, and she just advised me to delete it. I would have any way:p

slleipnir
08-25-2003, 09:51 PM
Always delete emails you dont know who its from. If you really want to see it, atleast do a virus check and don't open the attachments if one

puppygrrl4eva7
08-26-2003, 06:53 AM
I dunno, the curiousity would kill me. lol

Me too lol hehehe, but in the end I would have to delete it. About a year ago My brother got an Instakiss E-mail, well he opened it and the people who sent it,hacked into our computer, got our passwords and Screen names and used our screen names to hack into other peoples accounts, Someone reported our Screen names for this and Aol gave us new passwords. Dumb Brothers:rolleyes: :p He'll open anything if it's got his name on it:rolleyes: (probably even one of those Anthrax Letters people were sending out a couple years ago:rolleyes: )