PDA

View Full Version : I got a blood test

wolfsoul
08-25-2003, 03:01 PM
I just got home a while ago from getting a blood test so the doctor can check my iron level. I used an emla patch to numb my arm. It felt so weird after, I could feel things on my skin, but I couldn't hurt myself. :eek:

The blood test didn't hurt, but the guy who gave me the needle wasn't very nice. :( He looked at me like I was dumb or something. I didn't scream or cry this time. :D I was actually calm. I just kept saying "eww" lol.

Then I went out and bought a punk bracelet to reward myself. :D

I really reccomend the emla cream/patches. My arm is still numb. :D

popcornbird
08-25-2003, 03:03 PM
Hehehe. Good girl for being so brave. :p Just wondering, are they doing all these blood tests because of your eye lashes falling, or because of your irregular periods.......or something else? :confused:

wolfsoul
08-25-2003, 03:11 PM
This one is because of my alopecia. The dermotologist wants to check to see if I am getting enough iron, because she says that my iron level can greatly affect my alopecia.

I don't think you were here when I made the thread about going to the dermo. I think you wre still on vacation, because I thought you would reply. :) this (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31956&highlight=dermotologist) is the thread. :)

Kfamr
08-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Good Job on being brave.

Wtf is a 'punk bracelet'?

popcornbird
08-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Oh, you're right. I never saw that thread. :o I replied.

Ps. If it turns out that you aren't getting enough iron and they give you iron or make you eat more greens (they have a lot of iron), should your alopecia get fixed?

wolfsoul
08-25-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Wtf is a 'punk bracelet'?

That's what everyone here calls leather bracelets with studs. My friend has dozens of them, I only have a few.

PCB -- I don't think it will fix it, but it will probably help. From the impression I got, you can't really get rid of alopecia. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I forget lol. :o

Kfamr
08-25-2003, 03:41 PM
Lol I hate labels!:rolleyes: :D

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-25-2003, 03:47 PM
LMFAO@Wtf is a 'punk bracelet?'

Keep us updated on the test results!

I was anemic for the longest time last year b/c of low iron, it SUCKS. I had to take Ferrous Sulfate (Iron pills) like twice a day, every day for a few months. And of course with that, I had to go back monthly to have my iron level checked. That got annoying. I don't mind needles so much anymore cause I was stuck with 8 million of them last winter. :rolleyes: :) :D :D

ticosmyham
08-25-2003, 04:02 PM
I am gonna have to go in for a blood test soon, because we just found out a few months ago that my mom has Grave's Disease and it is generic. It could start in early teens ::eek:: .
I HATE NEEDLES!!! I am soooo scared!!