PDA

View Full Version : *ow*

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-24-2003, 05:46 PM
I just burnt my hand/palm while taking the roast out of the oven.. the oven pad thing wasn't totally covering my hand and i burnt the side of my hand... i have never felt such intense pain... really hard to type.. i have ice on it... sry about whining..

tatsxxx11
08-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Keep the ice on!! No butter or anything with oil or fat in it. Oh, I feel your pain. As they say, been there, done that!:( So sorry!:(

carole
08-24-2003, 07:57 PM
Yep the voice of experience here too, it really does hurt doesn't it, I cannot for the life of me imagine when people get burned all-over the intensity of the pain, they must endure.

Take care ,and hope your hand feel's better soon and you are painfree once again.

Kfamr
08-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Ouch!!

Oh dear... I sooooo want Shiloh!!:( :D

babolaypo65
08-24-2003, 08:40 PM
ow ow ow ow ow. Poor you!!! Hope it heals quickly, or at least that the pain subsides.

binka_nugget
08-24-2003, 08:43 PM
OUCH! I burned myself at work the other day. I have a blueish mark on my arm now..ow

ticosmyham
08-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by MegaDan
Why would people care if you burnt your hand? It's your own fault you weren't careful.
Don't be a jerk. It was an accident.

Kfamr
08-24-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by ticosmyham
Don't be a jerk. It was an accident.

That's exactly what he/she is. A jerk. Ignore.

Blustang24
08-24-2003, 09:25 PM
Only run cold water on it...even though you might want to put ice....pickle juice helps it too....TRUST me!!!!

popcornbird
08-25-2003, 02:55 AM
OUCH! The best thing to put on it is honey. It might sound funny, but the way honey makes the burning sensation go away is amazing. I have burned my hand MANY times, and when I don't put honey on it, it takes weeks to heal and leaves a mark behind for years. When I do put honey, the pain is decreased by 50%-90%, depending how long I leave it on, and it heals much faster, and also prevents a scar from remaining behind. Just rub honey on the wound and wrap a clothe around it. Leave it on for several hours, then take it off and wash with cold water. Good luck and hope your hand feels better in no time!

Ps. Read this about honey and burns:

http://members.tripod.com/~Bee_Mann/antibac.html

Soledad
08-25-2003, 03:00 AM
Honey is a miracle cure for a lot of things! A medical company in New Zealand is making big bucks by making gauze with a thin layer of manuka honey which has antibacterial properties. It's great to use for burns and cuts, for this reason. And it's tasty. :)

Cataholic
08-25-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Soledad
Honey is a miracle cure for a lot of things! A medical company in New Zealand is making big bucks by making gauze with a thin layer of manuka honey which has antibacterial properties. It's great to use for burns and cuts, for this reason. And it's tasty. :)

So, you can heal and lick at the same time? He he he...

Pam
08-25-2003, 09:06 AM
My mother-in-law gave me an aloe plant years ago that she uses for burns. I still have it in my kitchen but fortunately have not needed it. If you cut off part of it you can see an oozy looking sort of stuff come out. It looks like it would be soothing.

carole
08-25-2003, 07:24 PM
You stole my thunder soledad, was just going to tell everyone about that, trust us kiwi's to come up with something like that eh!!

popcornbird
08-25-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by carole
You stole my thunder soledad, was just going to tell everyone about that, trust us kiwi's to come up with something like that eh!!

We have that honey from New Zealand and its AWESOME on burns! Regular honey works great, but the Manuka honey is amazing! My dad's friend went to new Zealand several times on business and told my dad about it, so my dad asked him to bring a few bottles for us when he went back and we'd pay him. It has a unique taste, but the thing I like best about it is how it cures burns, scrapes, blisters, rashes, and almost all minor skin injuries. Its amazing! Honey's amazing! Every house should always have a bottle of honey, even if you don't eat it *which you should since it has so many benefits* you should still have it since it works so well, actually so much better than anti-bacterial creams on wounds. :)

carole
08-25-2003, 07:42 PM
Yep I alway's keep a jar of it in my pantry, but thank's I never thought of using it for so many thing's that you mentioned like blisters etc, one learn's something useful everyday. cheers

Soledad
08-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Aloe is good, but it doesn't have the same anti-bacterial properties that honey does. It also doesn't taste as nice. ;)

I love the way NZ honey is super thick. You can scoop it out of the jar and spread it over bread like peanut butter. YUM!!!

The Kiwis are fantastically resourceful!! :D

CamCamPup33
08-25-2003, 08:00 PM
Why would people care if you burnt your hand? It's your own fault you weren't careful.

is this person new?!?! She deleted the post.. is she new? But we do care so go away.. lol Aww i feel bad for you.. thats also happened to me more that twice.. :D blonde over here.. okay anyway.. lol keep the ice on it like everyone says is it swelled?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-25-2003, 08:50 PM
Its a big bubbly gross blob right now.. we don't have any honey!!!!!!