PDA

View Full Version : Meet Rocky, our new member.

Fox-Gal
08-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Meet Rocky or new member to the family. My husband brought him home the other day.

Rocky was owned by man that got him as a puppy for his children.
Rocky out grew puppy size and they could no longer handle him, the man said. The children couldn't walk him as Rocky would pull them down. So the man chained Rocky up in the back yard, feed him and thats about it. Well Rocky didn't like that so he would break his chain and run the streets.

He was on his way to the shelter till my husband steped in. The children were so upset that their father was going to take Rocky to the shelter that my Husband promised them that Rocky could come live with us and they could call and come by when ever they wanted to see him.

Rocky need a litttle TLC but all in all he is in good shape. He very hyper and he hate the cats so we have some training ahead of us. The cat thing has to stop. For now Rocky is fenced off in the back yard away from the main yard till things get worked out. But even at that the fenced off area is still bigger then anything Rocky has ever had, so he is happy.

Rocky is about 2 years old and we think part Hound, we really don't know so if you have any idea what you think he may be, let me know. All I know is he is cute.:)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/pe395d091b2621b675cfaf73060ed1bc8/fb4b1a63.jpg

Rocky has already made friends with our dog Odie, so Odie is keeping him company in the back yard for a little bit.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/p3d19db8987743e985e54490f86a89fde/fb4b1a5b.jpg
And sense I have never post Odie's picture before I have to add him, don't want his feeling to get hurt. ;) Odie use to go to work with me when I ran a abuse center for children, he a very gentle dog.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/p3a1540480f6e927c2ca2cbfa87b81f4a/fb4b1a60.jpg

Crikit
08-24-2003, 04:43 PM
oh they look like sweeties. I think that Rocky has some Saint Bernard in, at least judging by the shape of his head and the markings on it, but he seems to have a hound body.

tikeyas_mom
08-24-2003, 04:45 PM
rocky looks st bernard to me. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
08-24-2003, 04:46 PM
What a cutie pie! :D Congrats on the new member! :)

He looks like a saint bernard/pit bull/hound mix to me. :)

Tonya
08-24-2003, 05:23 PM
Rocky has some nice markings on his face! I love his mask. Cute doggies. :D

KZSlave
08-24-2003, 05:27 PM
Yeah I'd have to agree with everyone, he definitely has some St. Bernard in him. Both your dogs are so handsome.

Foam
08-24-2003, 05:48 PM
What a handsome boy! He looks kind of like a St Bernard/Boxer or Pit cross. He is very cute, nontheless!

Fox-Gal
08-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Foam
What a handsome boy! He looks kind of like a St Bernard/Boxer or Pit cross. He is very cute, nontheless!

The man said he has Boxer in him, I just didn't see it. Except maybe the mask on his face. Maybe he does have some Boxer.

I guess what I have is a St Bernard/ Hound/ Boxer/Pit mix......AKA MUTT. :) :D :D ;)

kingrattus
08-24-2003, 09:28 PM
he really does look like a saint bernard & pit bull mix, his head says saint bernard & his body & muzzle say pit bull

delidog
08-25-2003, 05:44 AM
AWW!!!!!

Rocky is Beautiful!!!!!!!!

Reminds me of Joey a little!!!!
Short hair,good color.....tall...

Rocky is Beautiful....Doesn't matter who his Decendants are!!!!

(Hows' he doing with the Kitty???any better today???)

ChrisH
08-25-2003, 06:55 AM
Awww, whatever he is made up from Rocky is one handsome boy!:) And Odie is just gorgeous!:) :)
Thanks for sharing! :D

Fox-Gal
08-25-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by delidog
Decendants are!!!!

(Hows' he doing with the Kitty???any better today???)

HaHa Nope, still hate the cats. every time they come near his fence, Rocky does a head ram right into the fence to get to them.

Did I mention that Rocky's not to bright, You would thing after the first two or three times he ramed his head into the fence he figure it out. :rolleyes: Not Him, he likes headaces. LOL

We did let him in the yard yesterday for a little while and watched him with the cats...the chase was on, but when he got upto the cats he just stops, so It's just the chase he love not the catch. Still needs training......no chasing the cats!!!!

Kater
08-25-2003, 02:03 PM
How wonderful of you to take in dear Rocky! He is such a handsome boy! and Odie looks like a big sweetie!!! As for his mix.....maybe Boxer or St. B, but I also see a bit of Mastiff perhaps? And yes, I see some hound in there for sure.

Dogz
08-25-2003, 02:08 PM
Awwww! What a cutie! I definately see some Saint Bernard, and some hound in him. I can't wait to see some more pics of him!:)

Tina
08-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Rocky is gorgeous boy!! When I first seen his picture I thought he looked like he had St.Bernard in him.

lovemyshiba
08-25-2003, 02:52 PM
Rocky is one gorgeous and lucky boy!!!
I hope he comes around with the cats--at least it's not the catch he likes, just the chase.

More pictures please!!!:)

Uabassoon
08-25-2003, 02:56 PM
Rocky is a very handsome boy! He's very lucky to have been adopted by you and your fur/skin family!

Fox-Gal
08-25-2003, 07:32 PM
Thanks everyone. Rocky will be happy to know you all think he's a cutie. :)

Rocky got a taste of the back of a cats paws today, so maybe he'll get that idea not to mess with them. I have this one stray that a meany and she gave him a peace of her mind today. Poor Rocky wasn't sure what to do. :eek:

I think in time he will fit in around here, he showing signs of being a good watch dog. He aready let the UPS guy know that this was his new home. Poor UPS guy, everytime he comes here theres another dog for him to get use to. He getting smart though I saw today that he had some dog treats for them.

delidog
08-25-2003, 08:20 PM
Good UPS Guy!!!! (Pat Head while saying this!!)
Good UPS Guy!!!!!
There,There UPS Guy!!!!!

Good Boy!!!

Cincy'sMom
08-25-2003, 08:37 PM
What a cutie!!! I think he looks like a St. Bernard/American Bulldog.
Doesn't matter though, he's gorgeous!

Sounds like he is learning from the cats :) They'll train him right!

dukedogsmom
08-25-2003, 08:52 PM
He's a very pretty dog. I like his face. Good coloring. I have no idea what breeds he is, though.

Kfamr
08-25-2003, 09:35 PM
Awww.. He's darling.

Which puppers will join you at the pet talk meeting? :)

Fox-Gal
08-26-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Awww.. He's darling.

Which puppers will join you at the pet talk meeting? :)

Not Rocky.....to hyper. :eek:

It will either be Mooch and Brandy, the two small dog or Tuffy, my Boxer. Tuffy much better with other dogs but he likes to jump on people and give kisses. So I don't know if I should bring him because of that. I love to bring both Boxers, but my car is to little for them both.

The other two are good for the most part, but sometimes they get their fill and let you know. I guess I'll figure it out after I see if there is going to be more larger dogs there then small.

Fox-Gal
08-26-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by delidog
Good UPS Guy!!!! (Pat Head while saying this!!)
Good UPS Guy!!!!!
There,There UPS Guy!!!!!

Good Boy!!!

LOL You know i'm going to try that next time he comes over. Maybe I'll give him a people treat. :D

tikeyas_mom
08-26-2003, 03:00 AM
you are very lucky you got rocky :). he must love it at your house with all the animals and stuff. lol

ps I want to goto a pt meeting lol

Toby's Mommy
08-26-2003, 03:08 PM
cute!!! I think it looks like it has some St. Bernard in it.