PDA

View Full Version : Bath Time!!

shais_mom
12-02-2001, 01:50 AM
Thought this was a good idea.

Drying Wet Dogs

You bathe the dog, you dry the dog with a towel . .
. and
there's still water flying everywhere when he shakes
his
fur. It's amazing that even a small dog seems to be
able to
store more water in his coat than a camel does in
his hump.
And if you're bathing the dog indoors, you've got
damp
spots all over the carpet for the rest of the day.
Pet
stores sell special towels that can absorb up to ten
times
their own weight in water. They literally draw the
water
out of the fur.

Get more dog washing tips at Bathing-A-Dog.com. http://www.bathing-a-dog.com

Search the largest collection of pet sites on the
Internet at PetscapeNavigator.com. http://www.petscapenavigator.com

- Dog Tip provided by W3COMMERCE.com.

lbaker
12-02-2001, 08:38 AM
But mine just love water sooo much that I don't even bother with drying...wasted energy. I just try to deal with it and my house shows it :rolleyes: :o :D
laurie

ktreva52
12-02-2001, 01:42 PM
That's why I love wash'n'wear dogs (smooth coats). Less water going over the house. Now, if I could just figure out how to keep them from drying themselves on my bed.....(can't be helped -- bathing area accessed through bedroom). :D :D :D

Rottie
12-03-2001, 04:30 PM
Another thing you can do is sort of squeeze the water out, like it's a sponge. It works real well! :)

ktreva52
12-04-2001, 07:22 PM
Need something like the sweat scraper we use on the horses -- kinda squeegees them.

RachelJ
12-04-2001, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by ktreva52:
<STRONG> Now, if I could just figure out how to keep them from drying themselves on my bed</STRONG>

I'd rather mine would dry themselves on the bed. Instead they seem to gravitate to some room in the house where the carpet hasn't been vacuumed......wet dog + unvacuumed carpet = dog that needs another bath.

mary_jsn
12-11-2001, 01:37 PM
When I used to bathe my dog, I would first take of any excess water with a towel and then dry his hair with a hair dryer! THey get a little frightened first 'cause of the sound but then they stay pretty cool.

:rolleyes: :p

TollSettFK
12-11-2001, 05:13 PM
Finny got a bath last night and already he is shaking sooooo much water off him. He gets me as wet as if I had just gotten out of a pool.