PDA

View Full Version : trying this out

shais_mom
07-22-2001, 01:24 AM
not sure if this will work, when I rt clicked on the pic, properites didn't come up
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/026/MI/hz/qc/6X28191.jpg http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/F2/Lb/rP/yC39234.jpg

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: shais_mom ]

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: shais_mom ]

shais_mom
07-22-2001, 01:26 AM
OMG I am sooooooooo excited it worked!!!!!! I am getting the hang of this stuff!!!

Rottieluver45
07-22-2001, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom:
<STRONG>OMG I am sooooooooo excited it worked!!!!!! I am getting the hang of this stuff!!!</STRONG>

that`s Good!! :)

shais_mom
07-22-2001, 01:47 AM
Thanks, Now I am just trying out my signature! :p :) :D :D

Rottieluver45
07-22-2001, 01:49 AM
Your Pets are Sooooo cute !! I have pics of my dogs as my signature too!!

3-greys-and-a-mutt
07-22-2001, 03:08 PM
Looks greyt! :D
On another note, does Shaianne get to see other greyhounds? If not, you should bring her to Toledo some weekend - there's hundreds of greys in the area who would love to meet her! We often go to "meet-n-greet" adoption events on the weekends, and alot of times we take our greys so that they can socialize with other greyhounds. We got our dogs though Team Greyhound Adoption of Ohio, based in Swanton, and we sometimes volunteer to help with the dogs that are waiting to be adopted. That's actually how we got our Boo - we volunteered to be a foster family, and Boo was the first dog they assigned to us. We failed at fostering, but won a Boo in the process! The team greyhound website is www.teamgreyhound.com (http://www.teamgreyhound.com)
We've also started getting together with other greyhound owners in the area to walk our dogs together in the local Metroparks. Lately it's been every Sunday at 9 a.m. (since it's been so warm). :cool:

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: 3-greys-and-a-mutt ]

shais_mom
07-22-2001, 04:06 PM
Thanks, can I ask what your first name is? I hate referring to you as 3greys ha ha :eek:
Its more personal with first names, you should list your name and pets on the pet name list discussion. I am not sure if you are listed on our lists. ANYWAY,
I have been thinking about that, but not sure if you would be interested, I am about 1 1/2 hours from Toledo, slightly familiar with it my sister used to live near the college (UT)
No, Shai doesn't get to see other greys nor does she get to a fenced in area to run, I tried taking her to the park's baseball diamond, but was so nervous of her getting out somewhere, I was right behind her and she didn't even know she was loose!
I would love to come and meet your babies and all the other babies!! Shai didn't come from the racing tracks, she came from the local Humane Soc, she was rescued from the Kenton National Coondog Trials, she was found running loose down there along with I am sure 50-75 more dogs (happens every year).
:( :(
The only thing we can come up with was that she just didn't run fast enough or wasn't focused enough to run.(Tho she runs fast enough for me when she gets loose!!!) so they let her go. I got her when she was 2 she is now 4 I have no clue as to when she was born, its just a guesstimate. She was diagnosed with epilepsy in April and is on Phenobarbital daily and doing great with it.
Maybe sometime we can get together in Bowling Green or Perrysburg????
I was so excited when you first logged in - another greyhound owner!!! Carrie from the UK has had experience in rescuing them over there. and Janet,(bugmom) has a mix named Bug that has some greyhound in her. Speaking of Janet does anyone know where she is hiding?? Haven't heard from her lately!!
:(
Anyway, thanks and I look forward to hearing more about your crew!!

3-greys-and-a-mutt
07-22-2001, 04:28 PM
Sorry - I'm Jessica (and my husband is Joe)! I posted some info on a few different spots about myself and the dogs, but I'm not sure if they are pages that everyone looks at! They are:
What kind of dog do you have? (post #91) (Dog Breeds)
Name/Pets List (post #65) (Dog General)
Pics of your beautiful dog! (post #130) (Dog General)
What breed of dog do you have, name, gendar... (post #42)

We have a fenced in yard, and, speaking of UT, we take our greys to the track there to run them sometimes!
Do you know of anyplace in-between Upper Sandusky and Toledo that has a fenced-in area? :confused:

aly
07-22-2001, 04:32 PM
If you guys get together, be sure to take lots of pictures!!!!!

tatsxxx11
07-22-2001, 05:21 PM
Hey Jessica and Staci! If you two plan on getting together, maybe we can convince Phred to meet up with you guys two! We may not be able to have the "BIG" Pet Talk reunion we've been talking about for a year now. But instead, little "cluster" reunions! LOL In case you didn't hear. Logan and her daughter Helen are coming up to Cape Cod to meet up with me first week of August. And Karen (our BELOVED moderator) and maybe Bridget (Daisy's Mom) will come down for one evening! It should be great fun!
Sandra

*LabLoverKEB*
07-22-2001, 08:19 PM
Good for you!!!!!!! Aly, Sue, KayAnn, ilovehounds, and everyone elso who has pics of their pets in their signatures, I love it! I also love mine! Thanks for making mine, aly!

shais_mom
07-24-2001, 06:50 AM
Jessica, (nice to meet you) Findlay has a new dog park, but I am not sure where it is and I think it has a member ship fee. I would think that BGSU would have a track or something or other , but if we could get there, is another thing!!! We will have to discuss it at greater legnth!!!
No I didn't know Logan was coming to visit you, that is soooo awesome, lots of pics!! :cool: :cool: :p :p

CoraNewf
07-24-2001, 03:38 PM
I can't remember where we saw this, but there was a feature on television about Greyhound Rescue... it was amazing... I believe the feature was filmed out west. The feature included the lady who is a private pilot, and flies greyhounds to their new foster homes... then it showed a woman who fosters greyhounds, and how she rehabilitates them so they will be ready to be placed in their forever homes, and then finally, it featured a home where a greyhound had been placed.

My favorite part was where several people who have adopted greyhounds get together from time to time, and let their dogs run together, just for fun.

It sent chills down my spine. These dogs were so happy.... so loved... they way it should be. You could see the look of pride and tears in their eyes as they watched their beloved dogs having the time of their life. I know I cried! ;)

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: Annie Milliron ]

aly
07-25-2001, 12:52 AM
Annie, I saw that show on PBS I think. Or maybe it was just a very similar show. They also featured a lab who was a therapy dog and saved her owner's life a few times. I cried buckets :)

delidog
07-26-2001, 06:15 AM
annie, that was a great show...it aired on the animal planet.....the lady lives in arizona if i remember correctly....i think it was on "a pets' story"...or maybe k-9to5....you can go to animalplanet.com to find more info on the program....glad you only watch educational t.v.!!!!the deli dog!!!!!!!! ;) :)

shais_mom
07-29-2001, 01:55 AM
Just trying out another pic in my signature!!