PDA

View Full Version : Not so funny...

ticosmyham
08-23-2003, 04:35 PM
I was watching America's Funniest Home Videos and was appauled at how much animal cruelty was on the show! Some examples are:

- A girl accidentally hits her dog (maltese?) with a baseball bat or some sort of wooden stick on the head while trying to hit a pinate. The audience roared with laughter and the video won the grand prize of 10,000 dollars.

-A mom is holding a small child and has a cockateil on her shoulder. The baby grabs the birds head and rips out the crest. The camera shows the feathers on the floor then gets a shot of the poor bird.

-A cat climbs onto a celing fan, they turn the fan on, and the cat flies across the room and hits the wall.

-A toy poodle breaks both front legs, so not wanting to put pressure on them, it has to walk around on it's hind legs. The owner, instead of carrying him, decides it would be funny to tape this for a half an hour. the poor pup!

And these are just a few! Horrible stuff, huh?

Kfamr
08-23-2003, 04:37 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

popcornbird
08-23-2003, 04:42 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

aly
08-23-2003, 04:42 PM
I have gotten disgusted at the show numerous times and always write them angry letters. I have yet to hear ANYTHING back :mad: :mad: :mad:

primabella
08-23-2003, 05:15 PM
I noticed how cruel some tape scan be too. Disgusting :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

KYS
08-23-2003, 05:16 PM
That is disgusting. I am surprise animal right groups
have not complained to the station. :(

dukedogsmom
08-23-2003, 05:18 PM
That's the mentality of people now. Too much inbreeding?? I hate that show. Don't watch it. For one thing, the narrating is so stupid that if I do watch it, I mute the sound. I like the funny animal videos on Animal Planet.

Pam
08-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I hate that show. Don't watch it. I like the funny animal videos on Animal Planet.

Me too!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-23-2003, 05:39 PM
Yeah that show makes me mad... furry mad! Those should be reported to animal cruelty or something... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Aspen and Misty
08-23-2003, 06:05 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :mad: :mad:

Whats wrong with the world these days :(

Ash :(

ChloeLove
08-23-2003, 06:14 PM
That is why I hate that show. I'd much rather stick with The Planet's Funniest Animals, altough, Matt Gallant drives me INSANE! :p

primabella
08-23-2003, 06:30 PM
I hate that host! I mute him and watch the videos! :p He's so annoying and the fake audience is so...dumb.

Amber
08-23-2003, 08:30 PM
yeah I seen those..It's not funny:mad: I cant believe people would do this. It makes me very angry! Like I seen this one with a little boy having a hamster on his head and the hamster falls into coffee! I didnt think it was funny at all! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cinder & Smoke
08-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by aly
... and always write them angry letters.
I have yet to hear ANYTHING back :mad:.
:mad: :mad:

A sometimes more effective avenue of complaint is to
write to the show's ADVERTISERS!
If you reference the ADS you saw and threaten to NEVER PURCHASE their product as long as they sponsor this activity - THAT sometimes gets their attention.
Too many complaints and the advertiser WILL have changes made in the show.

/s/ Phred

Dogz
08-23-2003, 10:18 PM
I have never seen any of this, but it sounds horrible.:( How do people think this kind of stuff is funny? Its not!:mad:

Sevens
08-23-2003, 10:23 PM
:mad: what a bunch of jerks! I hate those shows!:mad:

tikeyas_mom
08-23-2003, 10:24 PM
I saw the cockatiel one. it ws horrid :(:( . :mad: poor tiel.

Twisterdog
08-23-2003, 11:44 PM
I'd much rather stick with The Planet's Funniest Animals, altough, Matt Gallant drives me INSANE!

No kidding! What an idiot! :rolleyes:

ticosmyham
08-24-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
A sometimes more effective avenue of complaint is to
write to the show's ADVERTISERS!
If you reference the ADS you saw and threaten to NEVER PURCHASE their product as long as they sponsor this activity - THAT sometimes gets their attention.
Too many complaints and the advertiser WILL have changes made in the show.

/s/ Phred

What a GREAT idea! Im gonna try it.

krazyaboutkatz
08-24-2003, 01:12 AM
Luckily I've never seen this show but a girl at my work showed me the cat clip of the cat on the ceiling fan. I thought it was horrible and she thought it was very funny. I can't believe that people think that cruelty to animals is funny. :mad:

ticosmyham
08-24-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
Luckily I've never seen this show but a girl at my work showed me the cat clip of the cat on the ceiling fan. I thought it was horrible and she thought it was very funny. I can't believe that people think that cruelty to animals is funny. :mad:
I don't understand it either. People (cept us PT people) are so mean!

bluekat
08-24-2003, 09:07 AM
A girl accidentally hits her dog (maltese?) with a baseball bat or some sort of wooden stick on the head while trying to hit a pinate. The audience roared with laughter and the video won the grand prize of 10,000 dollars.

:eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:
omg, was it a hard hit?
I hate that show. But only when they show stuff with animals in it, because most of the time its something bad done to the animal. Although they find it hilarious.:rolleyes:

There's another show called "What Were They Thinking?", and it does make you think what were they thinking?

There's one where the host said " You know when you hit a dog on the head with a rolled up newspaper, it listens to you. This man tries if it'll work on a bear":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Too stupid.
So they show the man hitting a bear as hard as he can on the head with a newspaper. Well, what did he expect to happen anyways? The bear charges at him and fights him and all. I wouldn't say he didn't deserve that:p lol.
But, the man walked away with no serious injuries. The bear was distracted by something else.

ticosmyham
08-24-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by bluekat
:eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:
omg, was it a hard hit?
I hate that show. But only when they show stuff with animals in it, because most of the time its something bad done to the animal. Although they find it hilarious.:rolleyes:

There's another show called "What Were They Thinking?", and it does make you think what were they thinking?

There's one where the host said " You know when you hit a dog on the head with a rolled up newspaper, it listens to you. This man tries if it'll work on a bear":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Too stupid.
So they show the man hitting a bear as hard as he can on the head with a newspaper. Well, what did he expect to happen anyways? The bear charges at him and fights him and all. I wouldn't say he didn't deserve that:p lol.
But, the man walked away with no serious injuries. The bear was distracted by something else.

A) Yeah, the dog got swatted pretty hard. Poor thing!
B) I don't think that hitting your dog with ANYTHING makes them listen better.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-24-2003, 01:26 PM
Next time a show comes on write down the ads you see... Moon, you and I will do that at our next sleepover...

with bourbon chicken? jk lol

carole
08-24-2003, 07:52 PM
I too have watched this programme with horror, not only to animals, but young children as well, It never cease's to amaze me what the public in general find funny, stupid show in MHO. CANN IT!!!

PayItForward
08-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Yep.

Another low IQ moron to add to our ignore list.

:D I love that ignore list.

Cataholic
08-24-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Yep.

Another low IQ moron to add to our ignore list.

:D I love that ignore list.

yeah.....usually, they are alot more sublte, aren't they? Must be a slow night on tv or something..:rolleyes:

PayItForward
08-24-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
yeah.....usually, they are alot more sublte, aren't they? Must be a slow night on tv or something..:rolleyes:
I get the impression of spotty unpopular preteen child looking for attention. Prob past his bedtime ;)

cali
08-24-2003, 10:34 PM
huh?? Im lost what are you two talking about?? :confused:

ticosmyham
08-25-2003, 12:54 AM
Me too! The MegaDog loser? hmmm......probably.

CathyBogart
08-25-2003, 01:11 AM
The videos on animal planet aren't any better.

There's one where a kid is outside with his pet mouse and a bird of prey swoops by and takes the mouse.

How about the one where a live feeder uses the snake's head as a springboard to jump out of the tank?

I don't watch any of those shows anymore. The less people watch, the sooner it will be gone.

ticosmyham
08-25-2003, 01:14 AM
Yup....I feel the same way. All of these shows are the same.