PDA

View Full Version : Lily just fell into the toilet!

Kirsten
08-23-2003, 04:26 PM
As usual, she stormed into the bathroom, jumped onto the toilet, slipped and fell into it. The entire lower part of her had already disappeared in the pipe and luckily I didn't have used the flush that moment! :eek: However, I was able to pull her out, and of course gave her a shower immediately.

She didn't even seem to mind the shower, and minutes later she already purred again when she was sitting on my lap, wrapped in a warm towel.

Now I still have a very wet cat, but the funny thing is not even this incident had ruined the good mood she's always in.

But this girl is always getting into trouble and I'm worried about her. I really have to make sure now the bathroom door is always closed, and the toilet flush can never be used with the lid open.

Same goes for the kitchen when I'm cooking. Lily loves to jump right onto the stove, even though I've told her about a hundred times it's a no-no and sat her down. She isn't afraid of anything, but she's living a risky life... :(

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-23-2003, 04:47 PM
She's just a curious kitten, and will soon learn. As long as you keep putting her down from the counter and saying no, she will eventually get the idea, but I wouldn't leave the stove on and unattended until she is quite older. As for the toilet, well, she probably won't be trying that one again anytime soon. :D It think she's a quick learner and she'll remember getting wet. :D

jenluckenbach
08-23-2003, 07:04 PM
Sorry if I giggled a bit.:D

Did I tell you how Bonnie jumped right in a tub full of water with me once? :eek: Boy was she ever suprised! :D

Cataholic
08-23-2003, 07:51 PM
I am glad to hear Lily is ok...but, I must post this again.....

TOILETS ARE SO DANGEROUS TO KITTENS, CATS, PUPPIES AND CHILDREN.

KEEP THE LID DOWN.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-23-2003, 09:20 PM
Yeah, a laughed a little too, but the stove is definately a dangerous place for curious kitties... Be CAREFUL Lily girl!

Pam
08-23-2003, 09:24 PM
My Andy fell in the toilet a couple of years ago and it cured him! He loves the sound of water and I was pouring a bucket of dirty water down the toilet after I finished scrubbing the floor. Of course he came running in to watch and jumped up on the rim and lost his balance! :eek: Thankfully he was too big to go down the drain. :) He has shown no interest in the toilet since that day. :)

Fox-Gal
08-23-2003, 10:44 PM
LOL A few years ago I had my cat, Tigger toilet trained in till one day the husband left the seat up. Tigger needs the seat to balance. Well that day he fell in, after that he would only pee in the toilet. Have no idea why that was ok and not the other. :rolleyes:

The stove thing is a regular around here. It's that old saying "curiosity killed the cat." I guess the smell of the food out weights the feel of heat. I don't know how mant times i've opened the oven door and here one of them comes to check it out.

krazyaboutkatz
08-23-2003, 11:07 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Lily is okay but I also had to laugh at your story. :) I always keep my toilet seats down because I know that Sunny loves to play in water and he has played in the toilet before. Kittens are just like babies, you can't leave them alone for very long because they'll just get into trouble. :)

AmberLee
08-23-2003, 11:12 PM
Sorry for the laughter, I couldn't help it. I jokingly say that Cassy has the soul of a plumber. He's more apt to sit on the lid and watch what goes on in the tank when I need to jiggle things there or re-align the water thingie to make it more water efficient.

I do get a little testy when visitors come and will NOT put the lid down no matter how often I ask.

Barbara
08-24-2003, 04:57 AM
This has tought me to put the lid down wherever I am. Soon Lily will be grown up enough so that nothing really dangerous can happen but now it still is.

I hope she will understand the stove at some time. Filou sometimes sleeps on there when the oven is on -than it's just warm on it -but he stays absolutely away when I am cooking. And Tigris anyway is not that much involved in hosue chores.

Randi
08-24-2003, 06:18 AM
Giggles here too. I can picture Lily's expression as she was sliding down - poor girl. :( I don't think she'll try that stunt again soon, but you better keep the lid down! ;)

catmandu
08-24-2003, 09:55 AM
The taps on my shower needed replacing so one night I took a bath! Then JJJ3 decided to visit and ended up in a tub full of suds! As did Jens Bonnie! Ia m sue that it was a lesson for both Curious Cats!

Kirsten
08-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Yes, I really have to make sure the lid is closed all the time now! :eek:

Lily isn't afraid of water, so I'm afraid the entire experience won't keep her away from the bathroom!

Kirsten