PDA

View Full Version : Weird Email... what do you think?

Dogz
08-23-2003, 03:37 PM
I got this email today
-----------------------------------------------------
[email protected] wrote:
This is so terrible. A site that we were able to shut last year has
returned. We have to try to shut it down again! (www.bonsaikitten.com)
A
Japanese man in New York breeds and sells kittens that are called
BONSAI
CATS.
That would sound cute, if it weren't kittens that were put in to
little
bottles
after being given a muscle relaxant and then locked up for the rest
of
their
lives!! The cats are fed through a straw and have a small tube for
their
faces.
The skeleton of the cat will take >on the form of the bottle as the
kitten
grows. The cats never get the opportunity to move. They are used as
original
and
exclusive souvenirs. These are the latest trends in New York, China,
Indonesia
and New Zealand. If you think you can handle it, view
www.bonsaikitten.com
and
have a look at the methods being used to put these little kittens into
bottles.
This petition needs 500 names, so please put your one name on it!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
There are a lot of names on the petition. Around 430. What do you think about this? Do you believe it?
:(

rizzy
08-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Oh my, I cant believe anything of that sort could happen to such loving, faithful, creatures. Dogz add my name to the list. I am not sure if it's true but If it is I want to help.:(

popcornbird
08-23-2003, 03:43 PM
I heard this was a hoax. :confused:

greendoor678
08-23-2003, 03:48 PM
I've heard that the Bonsai Kitten site is a hoax.
Yes, the site does exist but the creator of the site does not really sell Bonsai Kittens.
It's supposed to be a joke of some sort but I fail to see any humor in it at all.
I think it's disgusting and feel that animal abuse, even 'implied' animal abuse should not be tolerated.

Visit this site to learn more about email hoaxes and chain letters.
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/hoaxes/bonsai.html

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-23-2003, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I heard it was fake.

Dogz
08-23-2003, 04:02 PM
I'd rather it be fake than it be real.:( It is horrible either way. I don't think that it is funny in any way. I hate when people think that they can get away with stuff so stupid.:mad:

Kfamr
08-23-2003, 04:25 PM
How is the website fake when they have pictures of kittens in bottles on the site?!!??!

apcrs5122
08-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
How is the website fake when they have pictures of kittens in bottles on the site?!!??!

That's what I was wondering. I think this kind of thing is sick, and wrong. It makes me want to take the person doing it and do whatever they are doing to the animal to them:mad: :mad: :(

popcornbird
08-23-2003, 05:01 PM

I was wondering the same thing, but I believe someone posted about this on PT before and people said it was fake. I also recieved the same email a long time ago, and a few days later, my friend that emailed me it emailed me again saying she found out its a hoax. Its not hard to make fake pictures these days though. :confused:

monkeyluver
08-23-2003, 05:10 PM
The Bonsai Kitten website is very fake. The pictures are just a bit of clever editing and making a picture seem something it's not really.

babolaypo65
08-23-2003, 06:37 PM
It's a hoax. Just someone with a sick sense of humour and too much time on their hands.

Dogz
08-23-2003, 10:01 PM
It's just sick.:mad: It makes me so mad that someone would waste their time to do something like that. What's the point? Its discusting, and it is kinda odd that it has pics, but computers and editing can go a long way.

CathyBogart
08-24-2003, 02:07 AM

Photoshop. It's not difficult to do.

I can't believe people still believe this thing. It was discovered to be a joke, what, four years ago? It was a site started, I believe, by two college students be be sort of an inside joke. It got out, and they decided to keep it up because so many people freaked out about it.

Come on, if this was real don't you think it would be a *big* deal with AR groups?

Good old snopes.com: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/bonsai.htm

I personally think that the website is in bad taste, but amusing nonetheless.

wolf_Q
08-24-2003, 02:30 AM
Here's an article from HSUS on it.....

http://www.hsus.org/ace/14130

clara4457
08-24-2003, 06:39 AM
Thanks Wolf_Q and WolfChan for again pointing out this hoax. It is a disgusting site and posting links to it just keeps it active. They measure the hits to it and the more hits - the longer it will remain.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK it needs to die.

primabella
08-24-2003, 08:39 AM
It's fake. I got the e-mail about 4 years ago. It's still going around?

Don't click on the link, it'll only give it more hits.

Dogz
08-24-2003, 01:34 PM
I just heard about it.:rolleyes: I agree, don't click on the links.. let it die out.

Foam
08-24-2003, 06:19 PM
I don't see how that sick website is freedom of speech. It's disgusting, and it still upsetting many people. They need to remove it.
That's just so sick..:mad:

tikeyas_mom
08-29-2003, 01:05 PM
thats sick I dont really believe it lol, It is kinda hard to concidering the pics are so lame, .... this guy is a phyco.

tikeyas_mom
08-29-2003, 08:45 PM
the main problem is that what if some sick person desides it would be fun to try out the bonsikitten method?? what kinda things would that poor cat have to endure?? I dont think it is right to have the site up and running. ppl get bad ideas, that include toture of poor animals .