PDA

View Full Version : Finished Moving House!

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-23-2003, 06:14 AM
After two very exhausting days I am almost finished unpacking! I will post some photos as soon as I find the camera (I took a photo of Ally hiding behind the dishwasher, then put the camera somewhere "safe" and haven't seen it since!:rolleyes:

There were some good things and some bad with the move:
Good things:
After hiding for about 6 hours Ally has now made herself right at home. She has discovered that the breakfast room at the end of the kitchen is the perfect spot to sunbathe, and once the sun moves over to the other side of the house, she lies under the skylight in the family room and catches some more rays!:D

Nothing got broken (wellllll......... nothing important anyway;) )

Patches was captured and released and had sort of settled into the new garden (I'll post some more about her in another thread, as I dont want to get off topic)

The BAD THING:

I didn't manage to catch Ginger, my little stray / semi-feral from the house I used to live in. I baited a humane trap day and night for almost two weeks. He is just one clever dude! Sniffed around then walked away in disgust! No matter how tasty or smelly the tuna / cat food / turkey / ham / fish was (I tried everything).

I did however speak to one of my old neighbors this morning (she lives a few houses away and has her car-port set up with dishes of food and water, scratching posts and everything) (she also works at our shelter), and she says Ginger has already found his way over to her house. So at least I know he has found an alternate food source). She will let me know if she manages to catch him.

I'll try to post some pics of Ally settling in as soon as I find the camera!

kimlovescats
08-23-2003, 08:30 AM
Welcome to your new home, how exciting!!! We can't wait to see pictures of Ally enjoying her new sunbathing spot!!!

Barbara
08-23-2003, 09:14 AM
Glad your back again. And glad that Ally already is on her way to settle down:)

Moving with cats us not too easy.

catmandu
08-23-2003, 09:51 AM
I am glad that you have moved and Ally likes the new place. Michael was so ssscared moving into the house that he hid undrr the muslin of the bed! I thought he had got out and was lost!!! Then I saw the little lump in the corner of the bed. thank God it was Michael!More over he now loves his house!!!!

bisi.cat
08-23-2003, 10:19 AM
It's wonderful to hear that Ally feels at home now...and of course it's as wonderful to hear that Patches has taken over the garden...don't worry about Ginger, I guess it will work out with your former neighbor...

ENJOY YOUR NEW HOME!!!:D

Randi
08-23-2003, 11:12 AM
Glad to hear Ally is settling in and already found the good sunny spots. :) Looking forward to pics - but first, relax! ;)

Also glad to hear that Ginger has found a food source nearby. :)

Enjoy your new home!

jenluckenbach
08-23-2003, 07:14 PM
Glad to hear that you're moved and almost settled. Too bad about Ginger but at least you know that he is taken care of and could still be captured in the future.
Now about that camera.................;)

krazyaboutkatz
08-24-2003, 12:11 AM
I'm glad to hear that you're finally settled in your new house and that Ally has also made herself at home. :) I'm also glad to hear that Patches has settled into your garden and that your neighbor is looking after Ginger. :) Good luck with your new home. Enjoy!:D

Miss Meow
08-24-2003, 04:25 PM
Isn't it wonderful to be finished with moving?!!! I'm glad everything went well and Ally is queen of her new house :) Your old neighbour is a wonderful person for helping with Ginger :)