PDA

View Full Version : Luna is gaining more and more weight now...

Kirsten
08-22-2003, 04:49 PM
Well, actually I was hoping she would lose some weight when she's playing with Lily, and in fact they are running around and play a lot, but Luna has gotten even bigger now!

I guess the reason is that she's eating much better now! Luna has always been a very finicky eater, but now, since Lily has arrived, she's eating so much more - and gained weight! Not good!

But what can I do? I have to make sure there's enough of food for both of them, and Luna always eats first. She doesn't even need to growl anymore, one look from her, and Lily knows she has to wait.

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-22-2003, 05:14 PM
Can you put Lily's food up somewhere? My first reaction was to say on a counter, but it's hard enough to keep kitties off counters that I wouldn't want to enourage it. :rolleyes: But somewhere up where Luna might not be able to get it?

Other than that, sorry, but I have no suggestions. Maybe it's just a temporary thing though until the boundaries are firmly set between Luna and Lily and Luna doesn't feel like she has to gobble it all down before Lily gets it.

jenluckenbach
08-22-2003, 07:02 PM
You should try to keep a minimal amount of food down for free feeding and then take Lily into a closed room about 3 times a day for an extra feeding. She only need be separated for half an hour or so. It should work.

Kirsten
08-24-2003, 12:34 PM
I will try that, Jen, but it probably won't be easy. But I see no other way either.

BTW, Luna has reached a point now where I'm getting worried about her, she seems to get bigger with each passing day, and I will bring her to the vet tomorrow to make sure she's not retaining water (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32931)!

Kirsten