PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Bridge page...

07-21-2001, 11:09 PM
Well, it's now started... I just need to fill in some info on a few dogs that are on there right now. Please let me know if you have any pets that you want me to add. E-mail me with their pics, the dates and maybe a little write-up about them if you want to include that.

I hope I'm not driving you all crazy with this. :(

Thanks everyone :)
http://currans262.homestead.com/rainbowbridge.html

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: doggiemom ]

aly
07-21-2001, 11:35 PM
Hi Angel. I just emailed you but my email server has been acting up so I'm not sure if it went through. Let me know if it didn't.

Pam
07-22-2001, 05:31 AM
Angel...I am speechless! I just visited your work in progress and it is wonderful! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, especially for this Rainbow Bridge page. My babies who have gone before are always in my thoughts and we speak of them often. It is so wonderful to see them live on like this among other pets who were loved and are missed just as much! Thank you again! You are an Angel! :)

Eudora
07-22-2001, 08:13 AM
Erm... where is this Rainbow Bridge page? Could you let me have the link? Please?

Pam
07-22-2001, 08:16 AM
Eudora...Here's is Angel's Pet Talk page. Just click at the top where it says Rainbow Bridge. :)
http://currans262.homestead.com/pettalk.html

Freckles
07-22-2001, 08:56 AM
Angel, I love your new rainbow page and the continued changes to make such a beautiful site. Is there a way to adjust your left and right margins narrower so the scroll bar across the bottom isn't needed? On the Pet Talk page, I think maybe you moved some photos so they wouldn't overlap, so now they are pushing the scroll bar. Slightly smaller photos, or overlapping are acceptable design features. (I only noticed it with this last revision)

07-22-2001, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Freckles:
<STRONG>Angel, I love your new rainbow page and the continued changes to make such a beautiful site. Is there a way to adjust your left and right margins narrower so the scroll bar across the bottom isn't needed? On the Pet Talk page, I think maybe you moved some photos so they wouldn't overlap, so now they are pushing the scroll bar. Slightly smaller photos, or overlapping are acceptable design features. (I only noticed it with this last revision)</STRONG>

Yeah, I am constantly changing it and moving things. I am working with a friend of mine and he is going to help me make them thumbnail pics so it loads faster and doesn't take up much room. I have tried so hard to make that scroll bar disappear by keeping the pics as far left as possible. With all of the changes things have probably moved. I will keep working on it.

Oh, sorry I didn't include the link. It was late last night and I was beginning to see stars after staring at the computer for 6 hours again:eeks:!

Pam, thanks for including it. I feel like a dummy. Sorry Eudora. Hope you got a chance to see it.

Dixie Belle
07-22-2001, 11:50 AM
Angel, I haven't looked at the page in a while, so I looked, and WOW!! :eek: It looks sooo good!! You have done a wonderful job on this! I'll be sending you a picture for Rainbow Bridge soon.

07-22-2001, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Dixie Belle:
<STRONG>Angel, I haven't looked at the page in a while, so I looked, and WOW!! :eek: It looks sooo good!! You have done a wonderful job on this! I'll be sending you a picture for Rainbow Bridge soon.</STRONG>

Thank you! I will be waiting for the picture. I hope Mama is doing better :)

Joan - - Try the link again and tell me what you think. I decreased the size of all of the pictures so you hopefully don't have problems now. I also hope the page loads faster.... keeping my fingers crossed!

shais_mom
07-22-2001, 02:45 PM
it would be really cool :cool:
if you put the link in your signiture so we would ALWAYS have it!!!
just a thought!! :o

Freckles
07-22-2001, 03:19 PM
Well, Angel, I did miss the larger pics, but it loaded under five minutes. Used to take almost ten. That part was good.
Margins -a good guide for the left is Logan-Best Buds and Rottieluver45 for the right. So you should be able to go that wide without difficulty. (sorry, I was a printer in my previous life).
Looking Good!
Joan

07-22-2001, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom:
<STRONG>it would be really cool :cool:
if you put the link in your signiture so we would ALWAYS have it!!!
just a thought!! :o</STRONG>

Great idea!

I just tried it and it doesn't show up as an address that you can click on.... do you all know how to get a web address to appear correctly in your signature?

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: doggiemom ]

shais_mom
07-22-2001, 04:17 PM
what about copying and pasting the link you put in the first post?? like this?? http://currans262.homestead.com/pettalk.html

07-22-2001, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom:
<STRONG>what about copying and pasting the link you put in the first post?? like this?? http://currans262.homestead.com/pettalk.html</STRONG>

Nope...no luck :( I will e-mail Paul and Karen and see if they can help me.

jackiesdaisy1935
07-22-2001, 05:06 PM
Angel, what a great job you have done on the Pettalk page, I showed it to everybody and they think it is so neat., they can't get over the beautiful dogs we all have. If you have time, in our webshots there is an album for Kona who passed away last October, I would love to see her with all the other much loved dogs on the Rainbow bridge page.
Thanks so much for all the time and effort that you have put into this project.
Jackie

07-22-2001, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by jackiesdaisy1935:
<STRONG>Angel, what a great job you have done on the Pettalk page, I showed it to everybody and they think it is so neat., they can't get over the beautiful dogs we all have. If you have time, in our webshots there is an album for Kona who passed away last October, I would love to see her with all the other much loved dogs on the Rainbow bridge page.
Thanks so much for all the time and effort that you have put into this project.
Jackie</STRONG>

I will add Kona right now. Thank you for your compliments. I just love doing this for everyone :D!

Sudilar
07-22-2001, 07:24 PM
Angel, I especially love the Rainbow Bridge page. It brings back so many good memories. You are doing a wonderful job!!! Thank you.
Sue

Daisy's Mom
07-22-2001, 09:51 PM
The page is so wonderful! What a great tribute to the doggies at the Bridge. Everyone's dogs are so beautiful!

Tanya&Fritz
07-23-2001, 07:19 AM
I love the Rainbow Bridge page but it made me cry. I still miss Rocky so much. After he died, I wrote a letter to him. It's quite personal but I'll type it out and it would be great if you could add it to the page.

Rocky,

Well, it's been 6 days since you died. I'm so sorry we let you suffer all afternoon. Believe me, if we had known what was wrong with you, we would've brought you to the vet right away. God Rocky, I'm so sorry. When I meet you at the Rainbow Bridge, will you forgive me? From the first day I saw you, you were my baby. I loved you so much. Remember our first night together? I put you in your crate downstairs and you cried. So I brought your crate upstairs and you still cried. Then I put you in my bed and cuddled you and everything was ok. The rest is history... I miss our hugs and kisses. I miss our dancing in the living room. I even miss you getting me up at 5:00am! The house is so quiet now and Hans is depressed. He really misses his big brother. We have your ashes but not sure what to do with them. The backyard? That was always your favorite place. You were the best dog in the world. So gentle, so affectionate. Remember when we moved to our new house? You loved it here. The big house, the backyard. Rocky, for 9 years you brought so much joy into my life. I loved you so much, almost like having a child. Maybe my love wasn't normal, maybe I loved you too much. I can't believe God took you from me so soon. Nine years old; way too soon.

Rocky, I'll see you at the Rainbow Bridge. Please be waiting for me. I will always love you and never forget you. I have 9 years of fond memories. If only I can get the last 2 hours of your life out of my mind. I'm so sorry buddy. I will always love you with all of my heart.

Who loves you the most?
Who do you love the most?
On a scale of 1-10, how much do I love you?

Don't ever forget these words Rocky. I'll say them to you again someday.

Pam
07-23-2001, 08:37 AM
Oh Tanya, tears are flowing here. What a beautiful letter to your precious Rocky. I for one cannot imagine that God would create animals and then not allow us to ever see them again. I am looking forward to seeing my 4 furkids and also meeting your beloved Rocky some day! I understand your regret about those last 2 hours. My Whitney died at home while we were all at work. She hadn't even been sick. She was was 8 years old and the vet feels it was a heart attack. I keep thinking "if only, if only...." We have to rest in knowing these dogs loved us and understood how much we loved them in return. :(

AdoreMyDogs
07-23-2001, 11:02 AM
Tanya, that was so sad :(

Angel the page is beautiful and touching and peaceful. I would love to include a picture of my yellow lab, Beener but I don't have a scanner to scan his beautiful picture. Do you by chance have a scanner?

07-23-2001, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs:
<STRONG>Tanya, that was so sad :(

Angel the page is beautiful and touching and peaceful. I would love to include a picture of my yellow lab, Beener but I don't have a scanner to scan his beautiful picture. Do you by chance have a scanner?</STRONG>

I do have a scanner if you want to mail a picture. I would love to add him to the page.

And, Tanya, I agree, beautiful beautiful letter and so touching. I will include that on the website tonight. Thank you for sharing something so personal. That must have been very hard.

Albea
07-23-2001, 11:45 AM
Hi Angel:
Thank you so much for posting Irina and Natasha in the Rainbow Bridge page. I still cry when I see those pictures. They were both very different in personality but both very much loved.
The page looks terrific, thanks for all you work. :)

Daisy's Mom
07-23-2001, 12:06 PM
Tanya what a beautiful letter. My eyes are all filled up! You are such a good Mommy, and Rocky knows that. As for why God took him from you, here's a poem for you that I think explains why.

God had a little angel
With a little wagging tail.
He saw someone on earth in need
And knew His angel would not fail,
So He sent the angel down to earth
In the form of a puppy, cute and small,
The puppy made his master's problems disappear
And solved them once and for all.
Their days were filled with laughter
And many a slobbery kiss.
God watched the two quite happily,
But His angel he did miss.
And then one day in Heaven
There came a kind but lonely soul,
One in need of an angel's company for a while,
And so to make him once more whole,
God had no choice but to take back His angel,
For he was needed in Heaven once more.
Though the angel and master had had quite a bond,
He had to go do his job for the God he adores.
Though the master weeps and grieves now,
They should truly know,
Their furry friend is an angel in Heaven,
And when they themselves there go,
They will be reunited,
For the angel's job will be done,
And the two will be left alone
For more love, kisses, and fun.

Sudilar
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/sad/bluecry.gif

Tanya&Fritz
Hi Angel,

I forgot to put Rocky's dates. 1992-2001

Thanks,

Tanya

Also in the first paragraph on the page the word "too" should be "to".

Tanya&Fritz
07-23-2001, 12:11 PM
Also, here is the link to my photo albums:
http://community.webshots.com/user/tanya1411

I'll try not to bother you again for a while :D

Sudilar
07-23-2001, 12:13 PM
Hi, Angel,
The last word in the 5th line of Avalanche should be an. Thank you sooooo much!!!

07-23-2001, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Tanya&Fritz:
<STRONG>Also, here is the link to my photo albums:
http://community.webshots.com/user/tanya1411

I'll try not to bother you again for a while :D</STRONG>

NO BOTHER AT ALL :D! I will also add your album tonight too :)

Tanya&Fritz
07-23-2001, 02:20 PM
Thank you for the poem Bridget. All the poems are nice. I still have good days and bad days though. We are having a wild thunderstorm and Hans is freaking out. Gotta go!

Daisy's Mom
07-23-2001, 07:32 PM
Glad you like it. I wrote it just for you guys :)

Pam
07-23-2001, 07:41 PM
Bridget that poem is awesome! I originally thought you had gotten it off a webpage somewhere until I just read that you wrote it! Daisy is one lucky basset to be loved and adored by such a talented, sweet mommy! I am going to print that out!!

jackiesdaisy1935
07-23-2001, 07:55 PM
Oh Bridget that poem is just wonderful, it is comforting to read. Thank you so much.

Tanya, I had tears in my eyes when I read your letter, it brought back memories of
Kona, thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Angel, thank you so much for including Kona in the Rainbow Bridge page, I really appreciate that, she meant so much to me, she was my very best friend and now she has left Daisy to take over for her.
http://clipartpage.homestead.com/files/animangel1cl.gif

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: jackiesdaisy1935 ]

Angels3
07-23-2001, 08:14 PM
Angel, the Rainbow Bridge page is just beautiful. Thank you for all the heart & mind you're putting into it. And the dogs & their stories are just wonderful...they'll NEVER be forgotten.
Bridget, thank you, too, for your lovely poem.

07-23-2001, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Angels3:
<STRONG>Angel, the Rainbow Bridge page is just beautiful. Thank you for all the heart & mind you're putting into it. And the dogs & their stories are just wonderful...they'll NEVER be forgotten.
Bridget, thank you, too, for your lovely poem.</STRONG>

Thank you :) - It is so cool that someone in Australia is seeing my, OUR page :D! WOW!!!!

Daisy's Mom
07-24-2001, 01:17 AM
I am glad you all like it! Poetry has always been one of my favorite things to just whip up. Tanya's letter to Rocky just inspired me :)

Tanya&Fritz
07-24-2001, 07:03 AM
My letter to Rocky doesn't even come close to your poem :D After 34 years I'm still trying to figure out what my talent is. I now know for sure it's not limericks :D

07-24-2001, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Sudilar:
<STRONG>Hi, Angel,
The last word in the 5th line of Avalanche should be an. Thank you sooooo much!!!</STRONG>

Yikes! I just got this message today... I changed it. I'm so sorry

zippy-kat
07-24-2001, 08:22 PM
Thanks for posting ButterScotch on the Rainbow Bridge page!

It makes my heart melt to see her up there!

07-24-2001, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat:
<STRONG>Thanks for posting ButterScotch on the Rainbow Bridge page!

It makes my heart melt to see her up there!</STRONG>

You are soooo welcome. She was so beautiful!
:) :) :) :)

Tanya&Fritz
07-25-2001, 08:08 AM
I love the way you put the letter for Rocky on the page. I have to stop going in there, it makes me cry every time. It's still so fresh in my mind.

I can't get over how much Fritz looks like Bailey!

Bailey on the left:

http://currans262.homestead.com/files/Bailey_and_Tizzie.jpg

Fritz:

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/025/lm/Y9/bz/LU69084.jpg

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: Tanya&Fritz ]

07-25-2001, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Freckles:
<STRONG>I like the "letter concept", too. Partly because it shows Rocky's guardian. Is there a way to include all the guardian's names? The first time at the site, I was thinking "ANGEL has a lot of dogs at the Rainbow Bridge".</STRONG>

Too funny...nope, not all my babies. I only included the guardians names if they signed their write up or something. I didn't put them in otherwise cause I wasn't sure if they wanted their real names displayed. As long as no one objects then I would love to include their names :D! It makes and even more personal and beautiful tribute that way.

tatsxxx11
07-25-2001, 10:21 AM
Angel, I keep trying to get through the Rainbow Bridge site...I can't yet; not completely. What a labor of love you have created. I feel like I know each and every one of these beautiful furry angels. After all, that type of deep love and devotion is universal and eternal among animal lovers. No need for an explaination. I can't believe how easily still, after almost three years now, it is to open the wound and pain left in one's heart after the pasing of a furbaby. In my case, my precious, beloved Lab of a Lifetime...my forever best friend and companion, Jingles. I only have developed photos and no scanner available. Perhaps I can soon find a friend who can assist me, so that Jing may take her deserved spot and rightful place there on the Rainbow Bridge page; right there along with the beautiful senior Dessi, who looks so much like my Jing; and Butterscotch...how regal... and the precious Rocky, whose tragic passing is still fresh in all of our hearts...To all our departed, beloved companions, friends, dogs of a lifetime....Thank you for your love, your devotion, your loyalty and most of all, for making us better people. No one can do that better than doggie love.

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

07-25-2001, 10:56 AM
Wow, Sandra. Thank you. I have a scanner and would be more than happy to scan in Jingles for you and put her up on the page where she deserves to be. I tried to make the page as caring and loving as possible and it will continue changing and getting better. The words of all the owners make it special and of course the beautiful photos...not me. I just display those gorgeous and very missed doggies. I will e-mail you my home address if you would like to send a picture of Jingles. Let me know :)

RachelJ
07-25-2001, 11:58 AM
<STRONG>I can't get over how much Fritz looks like Bailey!
[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: Tanya&Fritz ]</STRONG>

One of the reasons I melt when I see Fritz. I should see if I can dig up some pics of when Bailey was a pup.

Angel, you may certainly put my user name, RachelJ, with my Bailey and Tizzie's memorial.

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: RachelJ ]

Sudilar
07-25-2001, 12:54 PM
You can use Sue, too for Avalanche and Wolf! Thanks.

zippy-kat
07-25-2001, 01:26 PM
You may certainly put "The Fisher Family" for ButterScotch!

Tanya&Fritz
07-25-2001, 01:41 PM
Angel,

Do you think this is a better picture of Rocky?

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/012/CV/t3/tU/zc91900.jpg

aly
07-25-2001, 01:56 PM
Angel, you can put my name with Dessi's picture and write-up. Either Aly or Alyson is fine :)

POOH267
07-25-2001, 03:47 PM
TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!!
I'M AT WORK AND I'M ON MY 3RD KLEENEX!!!
PEOPLE ARE GONNA BEGIN TO WONDER WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME.......... :rolleyes:

07-25-2001, 11:05 PM
<STRONG>Angel,

Do you think this is a better picture of Rocky?

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/012/CV/t3/tU/zc91900.jpg </STRONG>

Well, I love the closeup of him but I think you can see him better on the blue afghan... I really like that one anyway.. it goes really well with your letter... what do you think?

shais_mom
07-26-2001, 12:12 AM
ANGEL---- I figured it OUT!!!
Go to your signature and put in your address http://currans262.homestead.com/pettalk.html
now at the beginning of it put and at the end of it. Then it should work when you click on it in your signature. It worked for my webshots. :cool: :cool:

Eudora
07-28-2001, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Pam:
<STRONG>Eudora...Here's is Angel's Pet Talk page. Just click at the top where it says Rainbow Bridge. :)
http://currans262.homestead.com/pettalk.html</STRONG>
Erm... sorry!
:o paiseh, as we would say in a local dialect! Anyway I love the page! It's great!

Eudora
07-28-2001, 09:23 AM
And I forgot to say that could you please include the link in your signature then we can go to it every time we see your post... so POST OFTEN!! :D