PDA

View Full Version : New to Pet Talk

KZSlave
08-22-2003, 11:53 AM
Alright, I'll keep this short. :) My name is Lauren, and I'm owned by two rescued Rhodesian Ridgebacks...Kato and Zariah. Kato is almost 3, and Zariah just turned 1 in April. Let's see, I'm assuming that since this is Pet Talk...you would like to know a little bit more about my dogs, lol.

Well, like I said, Kato is nearly 3-years old. He is my baby boy, and definitely thinks that he still is a baby...or at least the size of one, lol. Rhodesian Ridgebacks are pretty big lovebugs, and Kato is no exception (although, neither is Zariah...lol). He loves to plop right down in your lap (all 80lbs of him! :eek:).

Zariah is a lot like Kato, with a few quirks of her own. lol. Zariah makes the best faces, and has a thousand different expressions...haha. She's pretty clever, too. We were watching TV one night and someone on the show passed right across the screen from one side to the other. Before we knew it, Zariah was up looking around all the rooms on the left side of the house (the same side the person 'disappeared' into). It was too funny...although, now that I share that story, I'm having trouble deciding if it was out of actual stupidity for thinking the person had just walked out of the screen. lol. Aw well, it will always be out of pure intelligence to us. ;)

BTW, pictures will hopefully be coming soon. We have been looking into getting a scanner for quite some time now, and should have soon. :)

tomkatzid
08-22-2003, 12:03 PM
http://www.toons.artie.com/alphabet/words/arg-dancing-welc0me-blakbg-url.gif

Glad your here Lauren! Kato and Zariah too!!!!
We love RR. Our girls have a big boyfriend named Buford.
Katz

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/p8343b96c60c4867a6a61f2d3b6f1754a/fb56465b.jpg

KZSlave
08-22-2003, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome! :)

Buford is a beauty! He looks a lot like my Kato! :)

tomkatzid
08-22-2003, 12:07 PM
The "1/2" dog is our Ashlee:D

lbaker
08-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Welcome welcome welcome :D I LOVE those ridgebacks. Well, there aren't many breeds I don't like but hounds are special to me. Don't let my 7 dogs know that, they are Border Collie mix & Aussie mix. What brought you here? Have you been a "lurker" for awhile and just now decided to jump in ;) Whatever, again - welcome
Laurie

pitc9
08-22-2003, 12:40 PM
I can't wait to see your pix!!
WELCOME!!!:D :)

Uabassoon
08-22-2003, 12:42 PM
Welcome to pet talk! I can't wait to see some pictures soon, I love ridgebacks.

KZSlave
08-22-2003, 01:10 PM
Thanks everyone for all the 'hellos!' :)

What brought you here? Have you been a "lurker" for awhile and just now decided to jump in ;)

I guess you could say that, lol. :) ;) I always check in at the main website to see who the Dog of the Day is, and occasionally pop in here to see what's going on and hope that people will post some more pictures of their furkids. lol. I figured that for as often as I'm sneaking through here, I might as well just join and start sharing some stories and pictures of my own. lol.

anna_66
08-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by KZSlave
I figured that for as often as I'm sneaking through here, I might as well just join and start sharing some stories and pictures of my own.
How wonderful that you did! Your "kids" sound awesome. I can't wait till we can see some pictures of them:D

Oh BTW....

http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/lmkbubblfsh.gif

;) :p

magcpen
08-22-2003, 02:10 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. I mainly go on the dog boards to talk about my aunts' Pomeranians, but I love the pictures. About the person on the TV: that is sooo sweet. :)

iceyshiver21
08-22-2003, 03:23 PM
WELCOMER!!!

ChrisH
08-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Welcome to pet talk! :)

primabella
08-22-2003, 04:49 PM
Welcome Lauren, Zariah and Kato!! :D I can't wait to see pics, your pups sounds wonderful. :)

KYS
08-22-2003, 05:43 PM
A warm welcome to Pet talk!!:D

CamCamPup33
08-22-2003, 06:21 PM
Welcome to pettalk lauren! My name is amber and i have a 10 month old dog named cami and she is A Corgi/American eskimo mix and a cat Cali she is a calico cat! You will love it here and will fit in perfectly As long as your always here and obsessed with looking at new threads then yeah you will fit in! :) Looking foward to pictures!!

KZSlave
08-22-2003, 08:18 PM
Thanks everyone! :) Kato and Zariah send plenty of excited full 'body wags and wiggles.' :D :D

Foam
08-22-2003, 08:31 PM
Hi, Lauren! I'm Foam, but you can call me CJ. Or Foam..whichever you prefer. :D
Anyways, Welcome To Pet Talk! We're very glad to have you, and I can't wait to see those pictures! Your pups sound great. :)
I have a Shih Tzu mix. Her name is Darlin and she is 9 months old! Darlin is a fluffy ball of energy, so don't be mistaken by those big brown eyes! (Yes, she has eyes..hidden under all that white hair ;))
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pa5aca015889ac10afc837d20ea30088e/fbdafc3e.jpg
^^That is her as a small puppy. The Golden Retriever in the picture is Barrett, my RB dog.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pc43e2eb304e78ddadfadefa4c90fb503/fbdae1a9.jpg
^^Darlin after a long day of playing outside. ;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pc7fa2ec778d89e53c48f6313d792146a/fbdae147.jpg
^^This is how she sleeps..lol :D

PM me if you need anything! :)

RubyMutt
08-22-2003, 09:36 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! :D I love ridgebacks! Your duo is gorgeous! (Any more photos??? ;)). I have one dog, Ruby (you can see her in my signature :)), she's a 2-year-old Basenji/Australian Cattle Dog mix :)

KZSlave
08-22-2003, 09:38 PM
Your duo is gorgeous! (Any more photos??? ).

Yep, I just posted some in a seperate thread. :D

RubyMutt, Ruby is absolutely gorgeous!!

CJ, Darlin is a cutie too!

K9karen
08-22-2003, 10:53 PM
Hiya Lauren! Welcome to our obsession..PT! I've had the pleasue and honor of meeting RR's and they are SO yummy! I adopted Logan a GSD mix July 2, 2003 after my beloved GR/YL mix, Cody went to RB. She is approx 3 yrs old. I agree...Rescues Rule! Can't wait to see more photos of your Dynamic Duo!

lovemyshiba
08-23-2003, 08:04 AM
Welcome Lauren!!!!

I just adore ridgebacks--I met one at a show last summer and I fell in love. Your two are absolutely gorgeous!!!
I have a Shiba named Kito, a beagle named Abbey and a little lab named Riley--they all keep me on my toes!!!

I can't wait to hear more about Kato and Zariah!!!!!!