PDA

View Full Version : My Birthday Present...!!!

Cookiebaker
08-21-2003, 08:43 PM
I finally got my birthday present tonight.....

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/printer.JPG

It's a portable printer for digital photos!! You slip your camera card right into the printer; you can edit the pics (to some extent); and then print out professional pictures! I have always hated the way my pics. print out on my printer, even though it's a high end ink jet. You can't even tell that the pictures are digital.

Anyhoo, I'm so excited, and just wanted to share! :D

aly
08-21-2003, 08:47 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I want one!!!!!!

Happy belated Birthday!!

lovemyshiba
08-21-2003, 08:56 PM
That looks very cool--I want one!!!!!!

rg_girlca
08-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Wow, that's some birthday present you got there.
Congratulations.

ticosmyham
08-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Impressive! I think that Oprah even talked about that on one of her shows! Looks like FUN!

Kfamr
08-21-2003, 10:51 PM
Lucky you! Awesome.

Happy (belated) Birthday!:)

anna_66
08-22-2003, 07:32 AM
You lucky duck you!

I want one too:D

sasvermont
08-22-2003, 07:35 AM
Anna, maybe you should go in to business, printing photos for us!

What a great birthday present. Mark is such a nice guy!

;)

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-22-2003, 07:37 AM
originally posted by Cookiebaker
Anyhoo, I'm so excited, and just wanted to share! :D

Sounds like a wonderful idea... you can bring it over my house and share it with ME first!!!!;)

What a cool present! Hope you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:D

gini
08-22-2003, 09:28 AM
That's a great present. Could you tell us a little bit more about it? Does it accept all types of camera cards? What brand is it? Have fun with it and tell us how it works for you.

popcornbird
08-22-2003, 12:15 PM
How COOL! I've never heard of those! Now I want one! :p

Do you have any idea on how much it costs?

Cookiebaker
08-22-2003, 12:55 PM
Hehe Thanks guys!! ;)

Originally posted by gini
That's a great present. Could you tell us a little bit more about it? Does it accept all types of camera cards? What brand is it? Have fun with it and tell us how it works for you.
(I don't want to sound like a walking advertisment, so if you would like more info than this, please feel free to PM me!!!)

Gini, it is a HiTi printer. The Paper & Ink come in a combined package. You get the right amount of ink for the right number of photos. After 4 (I think) packages, you have to run it through a cleaning cycle.

There are different ranges of models, but the one that I got accepts: CompactFlash; SmartMedia; Memory Stick; Secure Digital; Multimedia Card; and IBM Micro Drive. You can also hook it up to your computer if it doesn't support your camera card.

I played around with it for a while last night, and the pictures turn out AWESOME. I am so happy with the Quality.

Popcornbird, I believe there are 4 different models. Low end (doesn't accept camera cards, and only hooks up to the computer) is like $130. The High end (Better resolution and accepts camera cards) goes for $299. The price of photos works out to exactly $.42 per photo.

It's a lot of fun, and I definitely recommend them!!

luckies4me
08-22-2003, 02:11 PM
Happy Belated Birthday! :D

That is the coolest thing. Is it possible to take a pic of one of the photos you printed? I just want to compare lol. I really want one of these! I too, hate the way my printer prints photos, it's yucky. I resorted to ordering prints from ImageStation in the meantime.

KYS
08-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Nice present!!!