PDA

View Full Version : Filou is sick

Barbara
08-21-2003, 11:56 AM
This cute little meatloaf is a sick kitty. I noticed that these days he sneezed a little -but his eyes were clear and his nose was clean too so I did not pay too much attention.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/pa5ab073c885a9c4c149b186b46aeedae/fb532f75.jpg

But yesterday he was unusual quiet and not in the mood to give any nosekissies (he gives a lot most of the time) -so my level of worries raised :eek: . So up to the vet. He has a throat infection (like an angina) and must take pills (up to now he hasn't taken any but this part of the story is known to most of you.:rolleyes:

I hope he's well soon :(

Soledad
08-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Poor little Filou. Stop scaring your mommy and get better real soon!! She needs her nose kisses.

sasvermont
08-21-2003, 12:17 PM
We don't want you to feel so poorly, sweet Filou. It is good that you let your Mom and Dad know about your illness. Smart kitty.

Love,
Miley and Juni Rose
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/p1be514940d9b6cccc4f6643c636c4d10/fb5fef2b.jpg

Lerah021399
08-21-2003, 12:17 PM
Poor Filou. Get better soon, Sweetie.

Randi
08-21-2003, 12:34 PM
Oh, poor little Filou, I hope you'll feel better very soon and be up to giving your mum some nose kisses again. :)

I know how your mum feels about having to get some pills down your throat. :( Be a good boy and swallow whatever she gives you, so you can get well real quick!

Barbara, if Filou tells you the pills taste like sh#$, try crushing them into a little butter and smear them on his paw, he will most likely lick it off to get clean. ;)

All fingers and paws crosses here for you. Get well soon, Filou!

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Poor Filou! I am so sad that you are not feeling well. Please take your medicine like a sweet boy and get better soon!

shais_mom
08-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Get well Soon sweet Filou~!

catlover4ever
08-21-2003, 12:40 PM
Filou, you need to get better quickly, you are worrying your meowmie......and as SOON as you get better, make sure you give your meowmie a great big wet nose rub.

Get Well Soon for the Chartier Bunch.

RICHARD
get better, little one!!

Kirsten
I'm sorry to hear beautiful sweet Filou is sick! Hope he'll make a speedy recovery from his throat infection, it must make him feel so miserable and confused!

Luna and Lily are sending gell-well-purrs!

Kirsten

bisi.cat
08-21-2003, 12:55 PM
Oh Filou, hope you'll get well soon!!!

Just snuggle up in bed and please take your pills...it's good for you!!!!!:)
Good energy is on the way!!!

Catsnclay
08-21-2003, 12:56 PM
Get well soon Filou!!

Fluffy, Lucky & Yoshi

neko1
08-21-2003, 01:10 PM
Poor thing! Please get better soon Filou!!

Logan
08-21-2003, 01:12 PM
Oh, Filou, I am so sorry you are sick! Barbara, the word Angina is one I have only heard in relation to a heart condition. This doesn't have anything to do with his heart does it???? Worrisome me.........

I hope he is better soon!!!! :)

Barbara
08-21-2003, 01:24 PM
Oh another one of the false friends. If it's latin or greek origin most of the time you can use it in English too, now I looked it up in the dictionary: tonsillitis is what I should have said. He has some swollen glands in his little throat.

kimlovescats
08-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Oh, poor Filou! Please get feeling better soon, sweet kitty! Mommy really misses those kissies from you!!!;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-21-2003, 02:25 PM
Oh poor little Filou! It's good that you let your mommy know that you're not feeling well, but you really must take your medicine. I know you don't like it, but it will make you feel better a lot quicker than if you don't take it.

Get better soon, sweetie.

PS - it's funny how they are so much like kids. Just like when a naughty kid is suddenly quiet, you know he's sick, and so it is with Filou. ;)

Miss Meow
08-21-2003, 04:14 PM
Get well soon, dear Filou. You take your medicine so your throat doesn't hurt any more.

Felicia's Mom
08-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Please get well soon, Filou!

rg_girlca
08-21-2003, 10:13 PM
Sorry to hear Filou isn't feeling well.
Prayers on the way for a speedy recovery.

Steffi N
08-21-2003, 10:19 PM
Dear Filou, I am sorry you are sick. Please take your medicine so you can get well soon. Your mommie needs her nosekissies and we all need to see you get better.

krazyaboutkatz
08-21-2003, 11:49 PM
Poor Filou, please get better soon and take all of your medicine so that you can feel good again very soon. Prayers and positive thoughts are coming your way.

Killearn Kitties
08-22-2003, 02:10 AM
Sorry to hear you're poorly. If you swallow all your pills like a good boy, you will soon be pouncing around on your beautiful, flower-filled balcony again.

Prayers and positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

Vio&Juni
08-22-2003, 03:16 AM
My deer Filou,

I was sad to hear that you're sick. Have you had some cold water or too much ice-cream? I send you nosekisses and headbumpies and wishes to get well.

Love Juni

Barbara, we also call it angina. I know tonsillitis is the right word.

Randi
08-22-2003, 04:47 AM
How are you feeling today little Filou :confused: A lot better, I hope! It may take a little time before the medicine works, but take lots of naps and you'll soon be back to normal. :)

Did your mum find a trick to get the pill down? I hope she doesn't have to go to the doctor and have her arms bandaged. :eek.

Get well, sweetie! Fister sends purrs and noserubs.

Logan
08-22-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
Oh another one of the false friends. If it's latin or greek origin most of the time you can use it in English too, now I looked it up in the dictionary: tonsillitis is what I should have said. He has some swollen glands in his little throat.

Whatever it is, I'm sorry Filou is sick, just glad it isn't heart related!!! How are you feeling today, Filou? We hope you're better!!! :)

sasvermont
08-22-2003, 07:33 AM
I am so worried and need a health update. I surely hope little Filou gets better each day. Please keep us posted.

A little information about how I pill Miley. What I did last month when she was to have two pills a day, I would get the pill out long before it was due to be given, therefore she would not notice any quick motion or reaching..... then I would carry the pill with me, until she finally thought she was safe. When she would settle down somewhere near me I would grab her and give her the pill. She never knew where she was going to "get it".... and I think the element of surprise helped a bit. She wasn't happy about the pilling, but it seemed to work.

Please keep us posted.

Love and get well wishes,
Sas and her two girls

Russian Blue
08-22-2003, 08:15 AM
I'm sorry I'm late in seeing this thread. Many positive healthy vibes going out to Filou!!!

catmandu
08-22-2003, 09:25 AM
The Lost Cats are hoping that the vet can help you recover and you start giving those nose bumpies again real soon!!!

HayleyRosie
08-22-2003, 10:17 AM
So sorry I'm late reading this thread. I am sorry to hear that Filou is not feeling well. Lots of postive thoughts and well wishes are being sent his way.

Barbara
08-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Filou is definitely better today -but you still can see his throat hurts -he's swallowing empty from time to time.
But he eats well and has given one or two nose kisses.

We have now a good trick for the pilling. Yesterday evening I tried Randi's butter trick but he shook the butter plus pill from his paw so I had a buttered kitchen. Siegmar tried to hold him to open his mouth and plop the pill in -he has now a a torn T-Shirt. I tried to help him and we ruined another pill. Filou after that ran as soon as he saw me :( :( :( (He ran so quickly I thought it was also a sign of him getting better.

But we've got now 4 pills into the boy: 2 hidden in a piece of wet cat food (you have to prepare it carefully: open it with a knife, put the pill in close it and mix it under the normal-make sure Tigris doesn't eat THAT food and wait until Filou eats it).

The best trick is in vitamin paste. The pills are very bitter (while trying the butter trick I had a chance to taste myself) but the paste goes down so quickly he doesn't sem to notice. He gets plenty after the pill is gone -so there is one nice thing for him.

He says thank you for all your good wishes -yes it is like with a child. When an aby is not nawtee there is something wrong. And if a child has taken his medicine, he sometimes gets icecream -same here;)

This evening he behaves now rather normal -of course we'll watch carefully -and 4 more days with pills.

Thanks again for all your help and your good wishes!:)

jenluckenbach
08-22-2003, 02:36 PM
I hope Filou gets better real quickly!!

NoahsMommy
08-22-2003, 02:49 PM
Dear Filou,

We are glad you are getting better, but were sorry to hear you were sick. :( Poor guy, that throat must hurt...that sure is nice of your meowmie to give you ice cream, that must feel nice and taste good. Mabye you can tell our mama that we need ice cream too? ;)

Anyway, get better soon buddy! Being sick is no fun!

Luv,
Noah, Noel, Basie, Livvy, Micah and Hermie

ChrisH
08-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Poor baby, :( hope you are feeling much better real soon sweetie.

PayItForward
08-22-2003, 04:18 PM
I had to laugh at the 'giving the pill' story. It is a real life 'Giving a cat a pill' story and funnier as it is real life.

Uabassoon
08-22-2003, 04:31 PM
Filou I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a little better, but I'm sending good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery.

Kirsten
08-22-2003, 04:36 PM
We are happy to hear Filou is feeling better today! :)

And that pill-story sounds VERY familiar to me! LOL Glad you've got at least enough pills into him to make him feel better!
:)

Kirsten

Randi
08-22-2003, 04:39 PM
Barbara, I can sense the worst is over and I do hope Filou is feeling better tomorrow. :)
Filou, we are sending lots of purrs, headbumpies and scritchies to you - be a good boy and take your medicine and get well! :)

Also best wishes to you and Siegmar - hope you won't get any more injuries! ;) 4 days to go - how many t-shirts does Siegmar have?

Barbara, since the butter advise didn't help, here's another instruction for you. :D

HOW TO PILL A CAT!

1) Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby.
Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cat's cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2) Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
3) Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
4) Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right fore-finger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
5) Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.
6) Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold cat' s head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.
7) Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered antique china cups from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
8) Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force cat's mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.
9) Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
10) Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.
11) Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.
12) Phone fire department to retrieve cat from tree across the street. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil-wrap.
13) Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves in shed, force cat's mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of raw hamburger. Hold cat's head vertically and pour * pint of water down throat to wash pill down.
14) Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from your right eye.
Call at furniture shop on way home to order new table. And leave the damn cat alone.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-22-2003, 05:08 PM
I love that Randi! I've seen it a few times and it makes me laugh everytime because it is just so true! Tubby spit out 2 pills this morning before I was able to get the 3rd one down deep enough that he had to swallow it - and almost swallowed my finger in the process too! :rolleyes: :D

Filou, I'm so happy to hear you're feeling a little better. Sounds to me like if you keep taking your pills like a good boy, you'll keep getting ice cream, which is a good thing in our house. :D

Barbara, it's always a good sign when they fight the pills, but since he fought even when he wasn't feeling good, the running from you is a good sign, even though it's not good for mommy's moral. :( But keep up the good work and he'll be back to his old naw-tee self in no time. :)

Cataholic
08-22-2003, 08:18 PM
Poor Filou! I am sorry to be so late to this thred, you little cutie. I hope your throat is feeling much better now, and that you have a little bit of extra ice cream to help soothe it....

gini
08-22-2003, 08:55 PM
Dear Filou, I am also very late to this thread and I am so sorry to hear you have been sick.

When you stop giving headbumpies, we put you straight to bed and put a thermometer in your............well, in your case we can't do it by mouth:D

I hope that the reports get better and better. What a good boy to get all of those pills down.

When it is very hot here, I put ice cubes in Rascal's water dish.
He seems to love it. Could you do this for Filou and maybe it might make his throat feel better?

Barbara, please keep us posted on his progress. I just hate it when our kitties are sick!

krazyaboutkatz
08-22-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the update Barbara. I'm so glad to hear that Filou is starting to feel better. :) Hopefully he'll be good and take his pills for the next four days.

Barbara
08-23-2003, 03:52 AM
Filou continues to get better. These days he didn't give (and thus get) his daily ration of love and tonight at 3 a.m. he thought it would be time to catch up. He purred all over us giving headbumpies and wet kisses for half an hour before he settled down close to me (which caused me a backache as I didn't dare to move:) ).

I never have been that glad about being stirred up at 3 a.m. and am convinced he definitely is on a good way. He has his first pill for today already eaten (with vitamin paste). Phew.

Yes Randi -I had to think of that text and found it rather realistic. Not much exageration in there;)

Kirsten
08-23-2003, 04:29 AM
Ahhh, that's great Filou is doing better! :)

I know, Filou, a sore throat can make you feel so miserable, but now that you love your vitamine paste again, I'm sure you're on your road to recovery! :)

Noserubs from Luna and Lily,

Kirsten

smokey the elder
08-23-2003, 07:48 AM
I'm glad Filou is feeling better and being reasonably good about taking his pill. Kitty treats and ice cream make good pill chasers!

kimlovescats
08-23-2003, 08:19 AM
Oh, I am so glad that sweet Filou is on the mend!!! Hugs and Kissies to you, Filou!!!!!:D

catmandu
08-23-2003, 09:39 AM
Hoooray For Filou! We are so Glad that you are feeling better! Hip Hip Hoooooray! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOW!

Edwina's Secretary
08-24-2003, 11:49 AM
What a time for me to be gone! I am so glad Filou is better. DO they perfrom tonsilectomies on cats??????

Steffi N
08-24-2003, 06:32 PM
Filou, I am glad you are feeling better.

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-26-2003, 09:24 AM
Barbara, I hope that Filou's tonsilitis continues to improve. How is your little boy today?

Barbara
08-26-2003, 10:00 AM
He's back to his normal self. He didn't eat the last of the pills (it was 15 in 5 days) at no means. Before we could get it into him it was dissolved :(

I hope he'll be fine nevertheless:)

Russian Blue
08-26-2003, 10:18 AM
Glad to hear that Filou's health has improved! Great news!

;)