PDA

View Full Version : I found this pic

slleipnir
08-21-2003, 11:41 AM
I took it a while ago when Jo was doing agility. I don't have agility equipment so I -cough- invented my own..:x Anywho Jo's fav/best thing in agility was jumping, she always did the jumps with no hesitation and always cleared it :) I found this pic of her -clearing- the 'jump' lol. I'll put another one into the attachment
http://www.unavoidable.net/josie/jo_jump2.jpg

robinh
08-21-2003, 11:49 AM
Wow, she makes it look so easy flying over that jump. Thanks for the pics - love to see them.
:D

pitc9
08-21-2003, 11:52 AM
WOW! She sure had no problem clearing that jump!
Has she ever tried jumping your fence??

primabella
08-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Hey same here ;)Inventing is cool. Lol. Mickey likes jumping but he won't do it willingly, so I never get really great shots. Those are great pics. :D

lizbud
08-21-2003, 01:41 PM
Great action shots of Josie.:D How do you guys get your dogs
to take the first jump? How do you show them what you want
them to do?

Toby's Mommy
08-21-2003, 01:55 PM
wow no problemo for her!!!
nice picture!!

GSDgurl
08-21-2003, 02:17 PM
Great pictures~!! Looks like Josie enjoys doin jumps. Did she use to do agility or are you training her now to do so??

Thanx for sharing:D :D

slleipnir
08-21-2003, 09:40 PM
Actually she has jumped the fence, but only when there was a lot of snow. The is no where for her to land on the other side as its right on a hill :x She has escaped before and ran around in the yard lol. Not good. The fence is pretty high thankfully.

Liz: Josie always seemed to enjoy jumping..but when she was a pup down at the park I'd get her to jump over little rails. It was really low but I made a big fuss about it. She was young then so I don't know. I tought her the word 'over' by doing that and gradually when higher and she knew to jump it...unless it was really high then she'd try to run under it most times :o

GSD: She did do agility. I did that to practice even though thats ALL I had to practice..I had no other equiment and couldn't seem to 'make' any lmao. She came in 3rd in her 1st run thing..whatever you call it..She never liked going from the long down into the shoot..we lots a lot of points there ;) Stupid shoot (sp??)

Crikit
08-21-2003, 10:29 PM
Nice clearance Josie's getting there. It's a couple of great pics.

Liz: to teach the dog to jump for the first couple of times this is going to sound really funny but try jumping over the jump the first couple of times and then slowly move away until the dog is jumping the jump with you running beside them. If that doesn't work you can always try luring them over the jump with a really special treat or toy and as soon as they get over the jump give them the treat or toy and make a big fuss. The most important thing is to never force the dog to do it always make taking the jumps and stuff the dogs choice.

anna_66
08-22-2003, 07:07 AM
I remember those pics of Jo, I always thought they were awesome! She is a natural born jumper that girl of yours:D