PDA

View Full Version : Lexie, my sweet girl...

WestieKisses
08-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Well, I need to vent...and share, so please just let me ramble. Unfortunately, we lost our sweet Westie girl, Lexie, yesterday morning.

After celebrating her 10th birthday a few weeks ago, we lost her to an undetected medical problem. She had a sort of tumor on her liver, which caused her to have random seizures every once in awhile. She would just freeze up, and acted like something was basically 'pinching' her from the inside. At first, they weren't terrible...and only lasted for about 30 seconds. After experiencing them numerous times though, they eventually got more drastic and much longer. Her last one (which took place Monday night) went on for nearly 5 minutes...with her whimpering, crying, and barking from inside her crate (we were told to put her in her crate everytime she had a 'seizure' so that she wouldn't be able to walk around since it would cause more problems).

We ended up carrying her to the car, and driving to the vet's office immediately (and yes, don't worry...we had seen the vet many times before that, so it wasn't the first time we had her checked after finding out about the tumor). I couldn't handle going into the vet's room and hearing what I knew she would say, so waited out in the lobby while my mom and sister went in with the vet and Lexie.

About 15 minutes later (although it felt like an eternity), my mom came out and told me that they would have to keep at the vet's overnight so they could keep a close eye on her and see if her conditions got any worse. I went in to the room to give her a quick goodbye and a hug. It was the worst sight I have ever seen...although she still had that adoring, innocent look in her eyes, her leg was shaved and she was still crying quietly every once in awhile.

The next morning, we got a call from our vet telling us that Lexie had had numerous seizures overnight, and another one about an hour before she called us. We rushed down to the vet's office, and there was my baby girl...as lifeless and depressed as she could possibly look. I've never seen a more miserable dog...her zest for life was just gone. With one last hug and plenty of tears (licked away by my sweet angel :)), our vet was given the go to send her to the Bridge.

So there my guardian angel waits, anxious for the day that we will meet up once again and cross the Bridge together.

To my dear Lexie, I love you and your memories will always be with me. I'll miss you tremendously...a friend like you comes along only once in a lifetime. I told you everything...my friends, my crushes, my fears...and I trust you to hold those in your mind forever. I could confide in you...you were my greatest follower. I'll always remember those nights that you offered a shoulder to cry on and licked away my tears just when I did so. You never said a word, but spoke in your own special way. I love you, forever...and always. Rest In Peace my darling angel, you will be missed.

Tweety_Pie
08-21-2003, 11:26 AM
Im so sorry!:(

R.I.P Sweet Lexie!! have fun at the Rainbow Bridge!

magcpen
08-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Oh my... I'm almost in tears. Poor, poor, poor thing, both of you. May she rest in peace. :( I'm sure she's waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge and watching over you, and I'm very glad that you have Astro to comfort you. Give Astro a nice long pet for me, I hope that'll make you feel better. And I'll be sure to have Bart, Wiggum, Eddie and Nikki send you a lick. :)

WestieKisses
08-21-2003, 11:44 AM
Thank you so much for your support, guys. And yes, Astro has been a huge part in helping me get over our loss. He seems to know what's going on, and really hasn't left my side since it happened. I have to admit, he's a great shoulder to cry on. I really don't know how I'd get through this without him.

robinh
08-21-2003, 11:48 AM
I am so sorry for you loss! My heart breaks for you and your family.

Rest in peace sweet Lexie. :(

GoldenRetrLuver
08-21-2003, 11:53 AM
Oh no....im so sorry..:( My heart aches for you in this horrible time.. R.I.P. sweet Lexie. Take care of all our beloved lost pets for us up there.

primabella
08-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Oh I am so sorry *hugs* I was so shocked when I read those first few lines. I know you did what was right and I'm sure Lexie thanks you for that. It sounds like she was such a sweet girl. :(

RIP dear Lexie

shais_mom
08-21-2003, 12:33 PM
Oh I sit here with tears in my eyes. I am so sorry about your loss.
Godspeed to the Bridge, sweet Lexie.

Logan
08-21-2003, 01:19 PM
Rest in peace, sweet Lexie. Westiekisses, I am so terribly sorry for your loss. :(

GSDgurl
08-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Ohh.....im soo sorry Westiekisses. Poor lil' Lexi:(

R.I.P- sweet Lexi

Foam
08-21-2003, 06:24 PM
My my my..
I'm so terribly sorry, Kisses. My deepest sympethy to you and your family. :(
PM me if you need anything..

dukedogsmom
08-21-2003, 07:27 PM
This broke my heart. I know that Duke is one of those one time dogs, too. I can only imagine how you feel. Pm any of us if you want to talk. I'm glad that you've got Astro to work on helping you feel better.

tatsxxx11
08-21-2003, 07:36 PM
Oh no:( I'm so, so sorry for your loss:( My Jingles had liver cancer and suffered those same, horrifying siezures. What a beautiful friend you were blessed with these many years. What a precious, sweet little girl. My heart breaks for you, Westiekisses. I'm so glad you have Astro there to help lick away your tears and ease your pain. Lexie, watch over our precious departed furry loved ones there at the Rainbow Bridge. {{{HUGS}}} Love, Sandra

ChloeLove
08-21-2003, 07:55 PM
I am crying righ now!! :( I am so sorry for your loss!! I know how tough it is to lose a pet, and it's no picnic. :(

Aspen and Misty
08-21-2003, 08:02 PM
I'm so sorry ::hugs::

I know how hard it is to loose a dog, hug your baby boy.

Ash

WestieKisses
08-21-2003, 08:44 PM
Thank you so much for all your support and sympathy, everyone. Please keep us in your prayers as we continue to work through this. Again, my family and I greatly appreciate your guys' concern. :)

anna_66
08-22-2003, 07:16 AM
I'm trying not to cry, but to no avail:( I can't imagine how much you miss Lexie now.
It sounds like Astro is being a help to you, so please let him now be the one to lick away your tears now.
{{{{HUGS}}}}
Anna & the furkids

RubyMutt
08-22-2003, 08:37 AM
:( I'm so sorry. Your post brought tears to my eyes, I know it's so hard losing a dog. You and your family will be in my thoughts! I'm glad you have Astro to help you through these hard times.
RIP beautiful Lexie :(

Albea
08-22-2003, 09:41 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss of Lexie. Think of her, if you can, running around in the wide fields of the Rainbow Bridge, where there's no pain and all our beloved pets are happy, waiting for the day when we meet again.
Hugs to you and Astro.

WestieKisses
08-22-2003, 09:54 AM
Thank you, everyone.