PDA

View Full Version : our club is hosting a flyball comp this weekend

cloverfdx
08-21-2003, 10:53 AM
this sunday 24th of August 2003 our dog club is hosting our first ever Flyball competition.

the amazing thing about it is that its the biggest comp to be held in our state:eek:

NEWS BALLARAT FLYBALL COMPEITION A RECORD

The Flyball competition to be held at BALLARAT on Sunday 24 Aug 2003 has set a record as the largest competition yet held in Vicoria. A record eighteen teams will be competing. Teams from Adelaide, Canberra, Melbourne, Geelong and of course, Ballarat, have entered.

For the first time, Ballarat*eureka has entered three teams. They will be competing under the names of:

Ballarat*eureka (mine and clovers team) its our more competitive team

Ballarat*eureka Golddiggers

Ballarat*eureka Sovereigns (the new team :o)

.................................................. .................................................

also next friday the 5th of september we are travelling interstate to another Flyball comp at the Adelaide Royal Show (i cannot wait)

cali
08-21-2003, 11:41 AM
18 teams is a record over there:eek: thats normal number here! well good luck, how big is your club??? our club is really small so running a tourniment is horrable we all have to double and triple up on jobs:(

cloverfdx
08-22-2003, 08:28 AM
*chuckles* our club is not very small, but not huge either :) our flyball classes are slowly getting bigger by the week :D

lmao, yeah 18 teams is a record for our state:o 22 teams is the record for the whole country.

thats too bad about your club being small, you dont have people volunteer to help out at all ?

it is sort of a rule for the AFA (Aus flyballl association) that everyone has to steward a few races each, (line steward,box steward, time keeping etc) and that works realy well and you learn a hell of alot from doing the extra jobs (and its fun:o )

thankyou we will need all the luck we can get :)

cali
08-22-2003, 12:34 PM
lol we do have helpers but there are only 9 club members so even with helpers we have to double up on jobs, in out tournys I have to call passes and ball shag for the teams im not running on, and I also work the timetable I flip the #'s and post up the times and fill out the placing chart for the wins and losses and what not, and file the sheets after they have been typed out, and I have to take out the sheets from the files for the next races and put them on the clipboards for the line judges, all that at the same time, oh I usally have to handle selling the raffle tickets too, basicly I have to do ALL the minor jobs!:eek: needless to say my feet are pretty damn sore after the first day of this:rolleyes: