PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays # 16!

babolaypo65
08-20-2003, 02:50 PM
It's just about that time again.
I'd like to propose a toast to Emily_the_spoiled! And declare this THURSDAYS to be in her honor. She just finished the draft of her dissertation. By this time tomorrow it will be in the hands of her committee! She will soon be a Ph.D.!!!!!!! Congrats! and here's to you!

catland
08-20-2003, 02:52 PM
Wow - what a milestone. Congratulations E-t-S:D

Richard - we'll need a DOTD idea - what goes with a disertation?

RICHARD
08-20-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by catland
Wow - what a milestone. Congratulations E-t-S:D

Richard - we'll need a DOTD idea - what goes with a disertation?

well, after doing a lot of HARD WORK - i always feel like my brain has been drained.....so....
one of these sounds in order...

Lobotomy
Equal parts of: Amaretto, Chambord, & Pineapple juice, Champagne

Shake with ice, Strain into a Shot glass, Top with Champagne

Logan
08-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
well, after doing a lot of HARD WORK - i always feel like my brain has been drained.....so....
one of these sounds in order...

Lobotomy

That's what I want! Sounds fun and interesting!!! :D

RICHARD
08-20-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Logan
That's what I want! Sounds fun and interesting!!! :D

well,
usually Miss Meow gets first dibs at Thursday's
but, I think she's looking for the "idiot of the week"....

DONE! anyone else????

congrats ETS....

Miss Meow
08-20-2003, 05:43 PM
Congratulations Dr ETS!

I am getting over another bout of the flu - think a lobotomy will be just the thing for a sore head ;)

Idiot of the Week, hmmm, I watched Jerry Springer while at home yesterday so that automatically qualifies me as an idiot. But the Springer guest who had a food fetish and strapped pork chops to her body with duct tape was indeed an idiot in the true sense of the word!

catland
08-20-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow

the Springer guest who had a food fetish and strapped pork chops to her body with duct tape was indeed an idiot in the true sense of the word!

Another California gubenatorial candidate? :rolleyes:

Logan
08-20-2003, 06:18 PM
No he was running in Midwest state, but dropped out, I think. Thank goodness!!!!

Miss Meow
08-20-2003, 06:42 PM
It was very scary when the crowd was insulting this woman, and she untaped some of the raw pork chops and flung them into the audience. Ewwwww, vegetarian nightmare, they were big enough to cover your face and suffocate you!!!

Here is another Idiot of the Week, from this week's Odd Spot:
------------------
An escaped prisoner has been recaptured in Brazil after he got a job driving a prison bus. Leandro Luis Sao Pedro escaped from Valparaiso prison in Sao Paulo after he failed to return from an authorised day out. He was arrested on his first day at his new job.

RICHARD
08-20-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
It was very scary when the crowd was insulting this woman, and she untaped some of the raw pork chops and flung them into the audience. Ewwwww, vegetarian nightmare, they were big enough to cover your face and suffocate you!!!

Here is another Idiot of the Week, from this week's Odd Spot:
------------------
An escaped prisoner has been recaptured in Brazil after he got a job driving a prison bus. Leandro Luis Sao Pedro escaped from Valparaiso prison in Sao Paulo after he failed to return from an authorised day out. He was arrested on his first day at his new job.

no wonder people think we are crazy....

IOTW...lol......'they'll NEVER find me here!!!'

Cat and MM,
ready for your lobotomies???

DONE!!

babolaypo65
08-20-2003, 07:26 PM
the PERFECT drink for a soon to be Ph.D.!

Lobotomy

wolflady
08-20-2003, 07:35 PM
LOL LOL I think I will take one of those too! :eek: It's been a rough week at the vet's office, and it's only wednesday! So, gimmee a Lobotomy beverage as well, Richard. It sounds tasty!

KYS
08-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Woo Woo Woo!!
Congratulations on soon to be Ph.D!!!

Umm! strapped pork chops to her body with duct tape!!!
LOL! Would not suprise me anymore to find
her on the California gov. candidate list either!! :rolleyes:

Rich, can I try a l------y.
Equal parts of: Amaretto, Chambord, & Pineapple juice, Champagne.
The name gives me the creeps, so just call it L-----y for me. lol

Karen

lbaker
08-21-2003, 07:27 AM
well I'd rather have a bottle in front-a-me than a frontal lobotomy but what the hey, let'r rip. The hokey-pokey was fun last week, howsa bout a conga line with Emily in the lead, with a pork chop duct-taped to her of course :p

puppygrrl4eva7
08-21-2003, 07:41 AM
I'll take a Vanilla Milkshake again:D

robinh
08-21-2003, 08:07 AM
Congratulations ETS! What an accomplishment.

I'll definitely agree with lbaker on this one -
well I'd rather have a bottle in front-a-me than a frontal lobotomy but what the hey, let'r rip.
Richard, please pour a lobotomy for me! I may have several. Today is my last workday this week and am I ready. Three days off with the babies. Know I won't get to sleep in, but at least I don't have to do this another day this week.

Raw pork chops taped to you with duct tape? Honestly, people scare me sometimes.
:confused:

emily_the_spoiled
08-21-2003, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the congratulations everyone:D :D :D

I think that I will put in an order for the lobotomy and just keep'em coming until I really don't need a lobotomy ;)

After all of the help from my furry buddies I managed to get it finished!!!

ETS

babolaypo65
08-21-2003, 09:04 AM
A round of lobotomies for everyone! and a double for ETS!!

babolaypo65
08-21-2003, 09:05 AM
Richard: if you have a lobotomy yourself, will you still be able to make ours? If not, please consider a virgin drink this week. Thanks.:D ;)

catland
08-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Lobotimize me PLEASE:D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-21-2003, 10:59 AM
Can I get a gallon of iced tea with lime slices? We are having a heat wave, again. I'm really getting cranky with the temp over 105 everyday. The heat index is over 110. WHERE IS SNOW WHEN YOU NEED IT!!!!! ARRRRGGGGGG!!!!
At this rate, I'm going to have to consider air conditioning one of these days, maybe.:eek: :D

catland
08-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Can I get a gallon of iced tea with lime slices? We are having a heat wave, again. I'm really getting cranky with the temp over 105 everyday. The heat index is over 110. :eek: :D

I'm sure glad I'm not in Kansas anymore.:eek: :eek:

Richard should be here any minute but it sounds like you need your Iced Tea NOW - I'll even toss in an extra bucket of ice to help you cool off.

Done:)

lbaker
08-21-2003, 11:55 AM
hmmmmm wonder if Richard tried to Lobotomize himself before leaving home :eek: Always nice to have a back-up bartender anyway, nice job Catland. I'll start the conga music.

RICHARD
08-21-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
hmmmmm wonder if Richard tried to Lobotomize himself before leaving home :eek: Always nice to have a back-up bartender anyway, nice job Catland. I'll start the conga music.

at this point it sounds like a good idea....

Wolf, Babo, Kys, Cat, LB, RH and ETS...
lobotomies for you.....(do i practice without a license??)

MOFF, ice tea w/plenty of ice and PG4, vanilla milk shake!!

DONE!

let's raise our glasses to the newest PHD...

Cheers!

zippy-kat
08-21-2003, 12:10 PM
Am i too late? For that matter, is it even Thursday? My days are running together....

I'd like some chocolate covered pretzels and a diet vanilla coke w/ cream, please.

lbaker
08-21-2003, 12:32 PM
poor zip, she's so tired she doesn't see the irony of ordering chocolate covered pretzels and a DIET vanilla coke with CREAM. shhhhh let's humor her, she's had a bad few weeks ;)

RICHARD
08-21-2003, 12:38 PM
hi zip,

you could never be late here...

hope your days are better....

a DVC w/choco pretzels!

DONE!!!

zippy-kat
08-21-2003, 12:54 PM
poor zip, she's so tired she doesn't see the irony of ordering chocolate covered pretzels and a DIET vanilla coke with CREAM. shhhhh let's humor her, she's had a bad few weeks ;)

diet coke just tastes better, laurie!:p

Speaking of humour, I have a bunnie story for you:
Piper's cage sits upon my entertainment center. Below him are my TV, DVD player, Stereo, yadda yadda yadda. All cords run into a surge protector/multi-outlet thingiemabob.

Came home yesterday, and my TV won't turn on and my stereo wouldn't work either. WTH? He's well above the wires, so I know he didn't chew them. No power surge/outtages as all alarm clocks in the house are working. What happened? I wasn't in the best of moods --plus I had people coming to re-tile the bathroom-- so I left the situation for later.

That evening, I'm feeding Piper when Kissiefish runs between my legs--kinda trips me. Bunny food went EVERYWHERE! I mutter a few choice words and get out the vaccum. I fish behind the entertainment center for the multi-outlet thingie....

WTH? It's covered in... in... in SOMETHING! WHAT is it?

I stand up, peek inside the cage -- nothing out of the ordinary. Hay scattered everywhere---then it clicks! Goober-ears MISSED his litterbox (it's *right* above that spot) and peed directly in/on my outlet!! :rolleyes: :o

(Let's see if this stunt ends up in your crossword puzzle, tomorrow! lol)

lbaker
08-21-2003, 01:00 PM
I'll have to think of what the "clue" would be. I still laugh out loud when I think of "buns on top of heads" :D :D :D

RICHARD
08-21-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

(Let's see if this stunt ends up in your crossword puzzle, tomorrow! lol)

86 Down:

Small Lap by Lop Ear?

short circuit?:rolleyes:

zippy-kat
08-21-2003, 01:14 PM
Richard, were you around for that "Buns on top of heads" story?

RICHARD
08-21-2003, 01:19 PM
Richard, were you around for that "Buns on top of heads" story?

ah, no......

but, i did start the pancakes on the bunny nonsense!! Tell me a story??? Please!

sammi
08-21-2003, 01:24 PM
Hope its not to late!

Recipe for party punch: (called purple something or other!)

1 large tub
fill 1/2 full of purple grape juice
several large bottles of squirt
give or take, a fifth of 100% Everclear :eek:
add lemon slices and a bag or so of ice.:D
Don't try this at home!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I no longer drink.................so give me a ice tea w/lemon/sugar and lots of ice!

lbaker
08-21-2003, 01:24 PM
I just starting laughing and giggling out loud just as I was answering the phone. Had to hang up on the guy and turn my phone off... very, shall we say, unprofessional of me to giggle at work Go for the story Zip, I have to run to the Dr's for a final look at my arm.

catland
08-21-2003, 01:27 PM
Buns on top of heads?:eek: this isn't another Mary Carry campaign promise - is it?

Hey - the pretzels are running low - Bartender - toss me a bag and I'll fill up the bowls.:D

RICHARD
08-21-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by sammi

a fifth of 100% Everclear :eek:
add lemon slices and a bag or so of ice.:D
Don't try this at home!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I no longer drink.................so give me a ice tea w/lemon/sugar and lots of ice!

I stopped drinking (for awhile) after MY Everclear
run-in........

I heard a funny line re: "don't try this at home"

it goes like this, "don't try this at home, GO TO A FRIEND'S HOUSE AND DO IT THERE"

an ice tea, sour and sweet, heavy ice....

DONE!!!!

:)

here ya go Catland!!!
I wanted to say, Thanks, good help is hard to find!

Come on everybody, baby, do the conga!!!

zippy-kat
08-21-2003, 01:54 PM
I just starting laughing and giggling out loud just as I was answering the phone. Had to hang up on the guy and turn my phone off... very, shall we say, unprofessional of me to giggle at work Go for the story Zip, I have to run to the Dr's for a final look at my arm.

Richard, Laurie -- I can't find the post it's "hid" in and I've got to run some errands. I'll look again later....

(Do you remember which post it was in, Laurie?)

RICHARD
08-21-2003, 02:06 PM
Richard, Laurie -- I can't find the post it's "hid" in and I've got to run some errands. I'll look again later....

(Do you remember which post it was in, Laurie?)

This is payback for keeping my women waiting....:rolleyes: :p :eek:

Aspen and Misty
08-21-2003, 02:38 PM
O I hope I'm not to late!!!

TOday is going to be the wrost day, it's already started out bad :rolleyes:

Hmm, I'll take a vanilla Milk shake please,

Thanx!

O Zippy- That was to funny!!!!

Ash

RICHARD
08-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
O I hope I'm not to late!!!

TOday is going to be the wrost day, it's already started out bad :rolleyes:

Hmm, I'll take a vanilla Milk shake please,

Thanx!

O Zippy- That was to funny!!!!

Ash

A&M,

vanilla milkshake!
Done!

lbaker
08-21-2003, 06:25 PM
OK guys, I'll try to make this short. Report from doc wasn't real good but anyhoo... a year or so ago Zip responded to a thread about how some of our furkids have this inner "thing" about weeding out potential "boyfriends" or whatever. She related the story about how dear RB bun Miz Sophie one time met this wannaby boyfriend of Zip's that wasn't too terribly fond of animals (doomed from the start I'd say) Anyway, Zip was in the kitchen getting him a drink or something and heard a yelp from the living room. Seems Sophie had jumped up and sat on his head :D Zip comes in and that's that. Well, the next day I'm on the subway doing my crossword from the Post on my way home and one of the clues was "Buns on top of heads". Well obviously all I could think of was MIZ SOPHIE :D I started laughing out loud so loud and had tears running down my face that everyone on the crowded Metro allll moved away. Unfortunately for me "MIZ SOPHIE" didn't fit. But I didn't care. It still makes me laugh. I did dearly love Miz Sophie. Guess you had to be there
:rolleyes:

RICHARD
08-21-2003, 06:54 PM
OK guys, I'll try to make this short. Report from doc wasn't real good but anyhoo... a year or so ago Zip responded to a thread about how some of our furkids have this inner "thing" about weeding out potential "boyfriends" or whatever. She related the story about how dear RB bun Miz Sophie one time met this wannaby boyfriend of Zip's that wasn't too terribly fond of animals (doomed from the start I'd say) Anyway, Zip was in the kitchen getting him a drink or something and heard a yelp from the living room. Seems Sophie had jumped up and sat on his head :D Zip comes in and that's that. Well, the next day I'm on the subway doing my crossword from the Post on my way home and one of the clues was "Buns on top of heads". Well obviously all I could think of was MIZ SOPHIE :D I started laughing out loud so loud and had tears running down my face that everyone on the crowded Metro allll moved away. Unfortunately for me "MIZ SOPHIE" didn't fit. But I didn't care. It still makes me laugh. I did dearly love Miz Sophie. Guess you had to be there

he's lucky not to have been given the 'short circuit'.......:eek:

lbaker
08-21-2003, 07:55 PM
loved your "short circut" clue. Maybe we should start a crossword with PetTalk clues... oh well, I'm just dizzy right now... seemed like a good idea at the time. mmmmm maybe another Perca.. whatever will help me sleep. I KNOW, I need another Lobotomy!! Bring it on, I'll buy this round... good night :o

Aspen and Misty
08-21-2003, 09:53 PM
Hye Richard it's 10:53 on Thursday here, is the bar open?

Can I have something to get ride of the fight with my dad and my head ach?

Ok, I'll settle fir a hot coco. Thank you very much.

Ash

zippy-kat
08-22-2003, 10:14 AM

Well, now. Don't I feel like a big cheater-pants? Here I was searching for the link to that post and Miz Laurie types it up -- hurt paw and all! :o

A couple minor changes -- the 'wannabe' liked dogs and only dogs and was SCARED of Soph 'n she knew it!! I removed Sophie from the couch (where he was sitting) SEVERAL times. Each time she hopped up there, he'd "indescretely" :rolleyes: inch farther down the sofa, away from her. Finally, I plopped her down and went to get him a soda... "EEEKKKK!"

There's Miz Sophie, sitting on his noggin!!! :D

Laurie -- is your arm going to be ok? :(

lbaker
08-22-2003, 10:32 AM
doc says it's not healing properly - not knitting smoothly or something. Another month of p.t. (physical therapy, not Pet Talk :rolleyes: ) then he'll check again. May need Sir Surgery after all :mad: At least I'm not left pawed. Thx for asking Zip.

gini
08-22-2003, 12:46 PM
I completely missed Thursday #16 - too much going on.

However, I remember howling over Miz Sophie and Miz Zippy's EX-boyfriend. There's something really sad about a guy being afraid of a rabbit isn't there?

Richard, sounds like you have done it again - another fabulous Thursday - conga line and everyone with their fresh lobotomy's.
I assume they are all still at your house - no one can remember where they live:D

Laurie, I am sorry to hear about your arm - hope that it mends correctly.

zippy-kat
08-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by gini
There's something really sad about a guy being afraid of a rabbit isn't there?

Not when she's nicknamed BONECRUSHER! :eek: ;)

:( So sorry to hear about your arm, laurie!

RICHARD
08-22-2003, 01:35 PM
a&m..

cocoa for you!

sorry i'm late!

Gini,
gotta take care of business!

want a lobotomy???

Done!

LB,
I'm not going to do any crocheting or knitting jokes......just get well, o.k.?

Zipster,

lol, that's worse than bringing home a date to meet the human family!!!! i have never had a sib jump on MY DATE'S HEAD.....they usually nip at their shins!!

zippy-kat
08-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Can I make a suggestion for next Thurs?

The 31st is Mizzer Leonardo's (one of Moff's kitty boys) burstday. Me thinks, a special toast is in order! And how about a drink with a "furry" name?

lbaker
08-22-2003, 01:54 PM
of course a fuzzy (furry?) navel comes to mind but maybe Richard can come up with something not quite so obvious by then. It's a whole week away and most of us are still confused by our lobotomies :o

catland
08-22-2003, 03:27 PM
what's a thursday?:eek: :rolleyes:

RICHARD
08-22-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by catland
what's a thursday?:eek: :rolleyes:

Thursday: noun, Named after the the Norse god of thunder, Thor, it's the day before Friday-the perfect time to visit your 'local' cyber bar.

:confused:

babolaypo65
08-22-2003, 09:26 PM
this is a GREAT challenge! To come up with an actual drink with furry in the title...
(or Leonardo...)

The 31st is Mizzer Leonardo's (one of Moff's kitty boys) burstday. Me thinks, a special toast is in order! And how about a drink with a "furry" name?

gini
08-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Richard, may I suggest the Furry Purple Squirrel for next week's featured drink?

I will let you look it up:D

lbaker
08-24-2003, 06:52 AM
a furry purple squirrel? BLECH, YUCKY-POO I don't think even I could handle THAT one

babolaypo65
08-24-2003, 08:45 AM
There you go! An actual drink with Furry in the title!

Now, i'll have to see whats in it before I order it!

Aspen and Misty
08-24-2003, 11:39 AM
LOL

I think I'm stick with my hot coco or Vanilla Milk shake next week :p

Ash

gini
08-24-2003, 11:51 AM
Furry Purple Squirrel

Type:
Cocktail

Ingredients:
1 oz. Light Rum (Or to taste)
1 oz. Coconut Rum (Or to taste)
1 oz. Blue Curacao
1 oz. Grenadine
1 oz. Lime Juice (Freshly squeezed)
1 oz. Club Soda (Or to taste)
Dash of Coconut Rum

Instructions:
Mix everything (but the Club Soda and the dash of coconut rum) and shake well in a tumbler. Add the Club Soda and pour over ice in cocktail glass. Garnish with a slice of lime with an Almond embedded in it and pour the dash of coconut rum.

it isn't that bad........it is just the name.

babolaypo65
08-24-2003, 12:01 PM
ooh. This could be interesting....

momoffuzzyfaces
08-24-2003, 01:38 PM

The 31st is Mizzer Leonardo's (one of Moff's kitty boys) burstday. Me thinks, a special toast is in order! And how about a drink with a "furry" name? Gosh, Leonardo will be so flattered that you remembered! Even though he will be 13, he is not allowed liquor. He has younger brothers to be a good example to plus this horrible heat is still with us with no sign of let up. So, I'll pre-order another gallon of tea for myself and a gallon of catnip tea for them for next Thursday, if you don't mind. Everyone else, please enjoy your fuzzy squirrels.:eek: :D

RICHARD
08-26-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by gini
Richard, may I suggest the Furry Purple Squirrel for next week's featured drink?

I will let you look it up:D

why do i suspect there is a story behind a drink named FPS????;)

after a little bit of searching....from the furry purple squirrel site....

Creator's favorite way to order:

"Barmaid, can I get a Furry Schizophrenic Purple Squirrel with Barcardi and Malibu, tout de suite."

my only problem is the method of ordering...."can i get a......" I had a friend who used to think that the proper way to order was, 'let me get on a ....":rolleyes:

how's about 'could i please have' or 'would it be possible to order a.....'

babolaypo65
08-26-2003, 06:39 PM
LOL!!!! who ever starts tomorrow's thursdays thread:
quote richard ordering the furry drink!
'let me get on a.....'

why do i suspect there is a story behind a drink named FPS????;)

after a little bit of searching....from the furry purple squirrel site....

Creator's favorite way to order:

"Barmaid, can I get a Furry Schizophrenic Purple Squirrel with Barcardi and Malibu, tout de suite."

my only problem is the method of ordering...."can i get a......" I had a friend who used to think that the proper way to order was, 'let me get on a ....":rolleyes:

how's about 'could i please have' or 'would it be possible to order a.....'

RICHARD
08-26-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
LOL!!!! who ever starts tomorrow's thursdays thread:
quote richard ordering the furry drink!
'let me get on a.....' :p