PDA

View Full Version : Hysterical cat column by Jon Carroll!

AmberLee
08-20-2003, 10:27 AM
For long term PTers, you are already aware that I think Cats with Hands cartoons and Jon Carroll's columns on cats (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2003/08/19/DD260502.DTL) are hysterically funny. Check for yourself!

(Note: today's column implicitly references a 1950s era book and movie called "The Three Faces of Eve" which is one of the first looks at multiple personality disorder that I'm aware of. Youngsters might not get the humor... The title character of the book/movie had a 'good' personality called Eve White, a wild one called Eve Black, and a personality that was a bit of a blend called Jane.)

Edwina's Secretary
08-20-2003, 10:51 AM
Very funny...and now I understand Edwina....multiple personalities!

lbaker
08-20-2003, 11:43 AM
I think Jon Carroll is great. I used to always read that column first when I lived in SF. He sure knows his cats doesn't he!

Barbara
08-20-2003, 12:00 PM
ROFL:D :D :D

Randi
08-20-2003, 12:11 PM
I love it - and I want to read more by Jon Carroll! :D

Thanks for posting it!

lizbud
08-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Loved the column, very funny.:D I would like to meet Bucket
sometime. She's probably quite the character.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-20-2003, 01:16 PM
That is hilarious! I love the Cats with Hands cartoons, and check it out everyday, but somehow I missed that he has a column too. Have to see how I can get that everyday. :D

I love it when he says I've ruined her spot merely by looking at it. That is soooo true! :D

AmberLee
08-20-2003, 02:02 PM
*Blush* Jon Carroll is a columnist, he's not the guy who draws Cat With Hands cartoon. Sorry I was unclear in my writing. I was merely trying to indicate that both the writer and the cartoonist are favorites of mine.

Yes, we humans do have strange powers with our eyes, don't we? *grin*

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
*Blush* Jon Carroll is a columnist, he's not the guy who draws Cat With Hands cartoon.

Oops, guess I never even looked at who the artist is for Cats with Hands. Have to look a little closer tomorrow. :rolleyes: :o :D

RedHedd
08-20-2003, 06:35 PM
I love Jon Carroll's column. Now how can I get my hands on the "cats with hands" cartoons? Please post a link :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-20-2003, 09:48 PM
Cats with Hands (http://www.ucomics.com/catswithhands/)

Some of them I just don't get, but for the most part, they are right on the money! :D