PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Cat

catmandu
08-20-2003, 09:04 AM
I was in Cooperstown , at the Baseball Hall of Fame , truly the Mecca os Baseball. When we were in a park eating Suba , a little black stray approached and meeewwed for food! My friends laughed and asked if my Cats ghad called her and asked her to look me up! Mabe!!!! She got some water , turkey and cheese and a lot of pets. At Least on this day she ate well!

Randi
08-20-2003, 09:42 AM
A cat knows a sucker when he sees one. :D I'm glad you were there to spoil him with such delicious food. :)

Vio&Juni
08-20-2003, 10:02 AM
How sweet!

catlover4ever
08-20-2003, 10:21 AM
I'm a sucker too. My husband and I went to St. Lucia to celebrate our 10th anniversary and the resort we were staying at had 3 cats that hung around the resort. Needless to say, they were eating "high on the hog" with me around. I actually would seek them out during lunch and dinner. The resort employees had named the cats. They were Sassy, George, and Arthur (the cats were all girls). One night for dinner they got the baby shrimp off my salad and some of my prime rib.

It never hurts to be kind.

catmandu
08-21-2003, 08:26 AM
I agree with catlover4ever that it doesnt hurt to be kind. Especially as I can always get food , and the poor little black cat couldnt!!!

jenluckenbach
08-21-2003, 02:02 PM
That little black cat had the cat angels telling her where to go food food, that day. So sweet of you to not let her down while she asked for a handout.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-21-2003, 03:00 PM
It was so sweet of you to give her some food. Poor little kitty.

When we went camping last weekend I saw a kitten running through the campground Saturday evening. Sunday I saw it again. Must have been...maybe 4 months old? Still way young yet. Sunday it was in a completely different spot. We were eating lunch when I saw it. He (?) went way wide of us and stopped by a tree in another campsite. He was there for sometime, so I tried to approach him. I didn't even get within 10 feet and he fled. Turns out he was eating some "leftovers" that the people had dumped by the roots of the tree. Then I felt bad because I scared him away from the food. When we were cleaning and packing up getting ready to go home, I took some leftovers we had and put them by the tree, hoping he would remember that there was food there and come back. He was a gray and white tuxie - cute little thing. :( The campground is in a farming area, so I can only hope he's from one of the farms, but he looked scruffy and I saw him during the day, which indicates stray - not feral. But I couldn't get anywhere near him, so he's quickly on his way to being feral. I just hope somebody didn't just dump him at the campground. :(

Anyway, thanks Catmandu, for doing what you can for that little kitty, and I tried to do what I could for this little one. :(