PDA

View Full Version : How playful is your dog?

wolf_Q
08-20-2003, 01:14 AM
Nebo's a very playful boy...course he's still young...but I think he just has a playful personality anyway. He just loves to play with other dogs (especially chasing! :rolleyes: ) and he loves to play fetch. No matter where I sit, I'll *always* get several toys stuffed in my face! He plays with the toys on his own all the time too. And if you walk outside, the first thing he does is run to find a ball for you to throw!

Reggie was playful as a puppy...he's never played fetch, but he used to play with toys some. We used to let him grab onto a sock and he'd hold on so tight we could drag him around the house. He'll still go after toys if you throw them (mostly so Nebo can't get them) but he won't play with them by himself.

Smokey's never been very playful....on occasion we'd see him attacking a tennis ball, yarn or something for no apparent reason...and he'd play with toys sometimes if you threw it for him (not giving it back though!) I haven't seen him show the slightest interest in toys for a long time though. :(

Oh yeah....when Reggie and Smokey were younger...they used to both get on their backs and play-fight. Reggie made the weirdest growling noises! I wish Reggie and Nebo would play together!

Kfamr
08-20-2003, 01:22 AM
I vote "very playful" for Nala. (You've seen her with Nebo :p They never stopped! )

As for Simba, he gets his "moods". Sometimes he'll be like "get the hell away from me" and others he's like "play with me play with me!"

tikeyas_mom
08-20-2003, 01:23 AM
Tikeya isnt very playful, she usually just lounges around and stuff, BUT when Oscar is around and Tikeya wants to play, she is running around the house and whining and growling, it is so funny.

Tikeya has never been very hyped up about toys or treats, she doesnt find ANY interest in them :rolleyes:
If I throw a ball she will chase after it and come back to me empty handed and leave the ball behind :rolleyes:

She doesnt like the water, and she doesnt get to hyper or happy when other dogs try to play with her, because they dont play the same way as she does :).

Oscar on the other hand LIVES to play he the most most playful dog I know :):). He loves to get dragged around the yard on his tummy. He will hold on to a toy, I will start running and he will lay down and I end up draging him on his tummy !! :D:D he is so cute, He loves squeeky toys and he loves to play tag. :):).

I was blessed with two kinds of dogs a playful one and a not so playful one ;)

binka_nugget
08-20-2003, 01:26 AM
Alot of the time, I can find Kai sleeping somewhere in the house. He's not very playful. He gets in the mood once in a while but I usually have to start it for him...he doesn't just attack his kong unless I get him hyped up.

GoldenRetrLuver
08-20-2003, 01:31 AM
Daisy was very playful when she was a young puppy. She still is, but she mostly just like to lay around the house, or next to me on the couch. (makes me miss that little puppy I once had...:( )

When Daisy wants to play, so does Molly. They take turns being the "prey and predator", its pretty cute. :)

anna_66
08-20-2003, 07:42 AM
That girl would play all the time if she could!

She starts with either me or Mark, but what she really wants is either Angus or Huney to play with her:p We're usually the last resort....except when it come to playing chase or hide & seek. Those are her ultimate favorite games to play with me:D

Huney & Angus just play on occassion when they "Feel" like it:o

lovemyshiba
08-20-2003, 07:54 AM
Playful!!!!!

As I type, my 3 are chasing each other around the backyard, and playing with the frisbee. I just came in from a game of fetch with Riley, and Abbey will play all day.

Kito has his moods too, but for the most part, when there is chasing or tug of war to be done, he's right in on it:)

robinh
08-20-2003, 08:17 AM
I had to vote very playful. I really have three VERY playful dogs (Molly, Kirby & Muffin); 1 sort of playful when she's in the mood (Carly) and one don't bother me with that nonsense (Max).

Molly is the most playful out of the bunch. If she has her toy, she'll play for hours. Her toy is a raggety old small soccer ball with the squeaker chewed out. Right now it's put up because she, Kirby and Muffin have been fighting over it.

Observation I've made is that even with as many toys as we have, there is only one toy at a time that anyone can play with.

primabella
08-20-2003, 08:55 AM
One of Mickey's favote thing to hear is "You wanna play?". He LOVES to play. He woke up a few minutes ago and he was ready to start running around. He doesn't really play with his Kong or chew toys but he'll play with his puppets. His favorite is to play any kind of chasing game, like Tag.

micki76
08-20-2003, 09:01 AM
I have 2 'off the charts' playful kids and one that is too old to play. Every once in a while Aneko will bark and run at Chester and Millie, but she's just not sure how to even attempt to play with them. Plus they're terriers and play rough. Of course they're super sonic fast, too!

GSDgurl
08-20-2003, 09:17 AM
As for Colby......he is a very playful boy...he is also still a pup;)
He loves to play w/ toys that make noises......he just wants you to through it so it does. :p
Asia n' Alex have their "moods" too. When they feel like playing they walk over to each other n' just stare at them...:rolleyes:.

:D :D

cocker_luva
08-20-2003, 09:21 AM
jesse is 'fairly playful' b/c she's getting older. :rolleyes: but she has her rambuntous moments (alot) :rolleyes: :D ;) :p

cali
08-20-2003, 04:16 PM
I have border collies. what do you think???:p lol

Cookiebaker
08-20-2003, 05:33 PM
Malone is *very* playful!! The other night we went to a park near here, and he ran and played for a solid 2 hours. Sometimes, he just never stops!! :D

slleipnir
08-20-2003, 06:45 PM
Mine are the exact same as Kays lol. Zeke ALWAYS wants to play and doesnt stop..Josie can be really playful but sometimes she doesnt want to.

kingrattus
08-20-2003, 08:27 PM
Max is very playful for an old dog. He still acts like a puppy. He still plays ball, fetches stuff, play fights (just not as rough hes sensitive now). He can still almost dislocate ur shoulders from playing tug-of-war. He can still run fast & hard, just not as long.
Max will be 10 in dec.

puppygrrl4eva7
08-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Ringo is playful 24/7. But I kind of have a barking competition with him, we both get low on the ground and growl at each other then he has me chase him all over the house:D It's kind of fun especially if I curl up in a ball on the floor and pretend that I'm helpless he'll come up and pretend that he's attacking me:D :D :D He's so cute when he does this:D ;) but when we are play growling at each other he makes some odd little sounds it makes me laugh when he does this. Of course when we are done playing we make up and he licks my face:)

Foam
08-20-2003, 10:13 PM
Puppygrrl do you know how well Ringo and Darlin will get along? :D;)

Darlin LIVES to play. I will also get down on my hand and knees and we'll wrestle to no end. I also love to shove her under a blanket and go hide beinhd something. She comes barkin through the house, running around frantically searching for me. Then when she finds me, she'll stop and I'll begin to laugh so she gets mad at me fro making fun of her and attacks me. Lol :D
She also loves toys that make noises. Especially ones that squeak. (der :rolleyes: ) She'll play fetch, but when she brings the toy back, you have to chase her to get it. She's super fast too. I usually have to dive across the room to catch her. Lol.

cloverfdx
08-21-2003, 09:39 AM
*chuckles* all 3 are as nutty as each other :D

clover loves to play, be it with other dogs, flyball, wrestling with the many willing humans anything will get her going, jeez i love her activity level not too over the top but very playful and will stop when told to :)

as for penny and theodore those 2 will play all day, they love to wrestle untill one gets hurt lol then it gets serious/playful. also theo will retrieve a ball ALL day if you would alow him, and also tugOwar, penny likes to wrestle :D so penny and i always have our little WWF wrestling matches ;)